talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adopt A Club! 2019/20 (Boston United)

football forum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone with a decent amount of money please adopt Arsenal Football Club?

We are claiming to be the football version of one that requires a foodbank while secretly living on caviar, oysters and Champagne.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Cannabis said:

Million and one things going on at the minute, but I will set up a poll for this so that it can be decided. 

Just so that everyone is aware, I'll make a poll for Vanarama North/South teams.

I know you're slammed, but sounds good. Are you picking all of the North/South teams or just a few from each? 

• The topic was pinned
  • Administrator

They're all far too north for me to be honest. Kettering is the only midlands club there (maybe Leamington as well). 

I'll happily follow from afar though and chip in here and there whichever team is chosen :) 

Boston United - ex Football League team who fell on rough times, and one of the best old school grounds in the country. Their place is sadly to be no more after this year as they do a Reading and move into an bowl in an industrial estate so it would be fitting to support them at the end of an era.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Alfreton is under an hour from Leicester.

Plus another hour compared to where I live though and it's much further. 

I don't mind those clubs being chosen by the way. Not sure why all clubs pretty much south have to be discounted? 

Like I said, happy to follow a club along with whatever majority chooses :)

I thought original plan was to choose one Northern side and one Southern side? 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Nope, that was never the plan. The plan was always to pick one side. 

Reasons for how the clubs have been picked are in the OP. 

Ah right. I misunderstood the post in the other thread about North/South teams poll. 

Honestly though I'll just go with majority. Would be nice to properly get behind a club altogether. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ah right. I misunderstood the post in the other thread about North/South teams poll. 

Honestly though I'll just go with majority. Would be nice to properly get behind a club altogether. 

I think Boston is a great shout though. In fact, their club logo is already on TF365 in case you are hardcore. 

• Subscriber

Of those four, I'd have also gone with Boston. I've never been there either.

Funnily enough their first two games are Chester & Alfreton.

Could see @Pyfish being funny about this pick xD no idea if there's any rivalry there but I always got the impression all the Lincolnshire sides weren't keen on each other.

14 hours ago, ... said:

I will add an update on them shortly, but Boston United smashed the poll so as a forum, we will be supporting them this season. 

Think @Eco will be happy with this as some his mates follow them, their badge is also already set up for your profile! 

#VIVAPILGRIMS

Sexy badge there mate!

• Subscriber

Pfft. Why Boston?! O.o

Yeah, all Lincolnshire sides seem to hate each other but I quite like Boston. Out of all the Lincs teams, I'm kinda glad it's Boston! Decent side and I'd love to see them back in the football league sometime - replace Lincoln Shitty or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Won 5-0 on Monday after losing 3-0 last weekend! 

They've got John McDermott as Assistant Manager which is enough for me to keep an eye on them. Macca is our all time record appearance holder for Grimsby. They also have Andi Thanoj who used to play for us too.

Not really arsed about a team hundreds of miles away, despite their once being a good chip shop near their ground, when in reality I’d have to do a bit of digging to find any footage of their games, let alone watch them live. 

Thought about “adopting” a local side this season and getting along to a few games there. Narrowed it down to two; Harlow Town or Waltham Abbey. They’re both equidistant from mine, so location isn’t really much of a factor. 

I was born in Harlow but apart from going to college there, that’s where my association ends with that place while I’ve never been to Waltham Abbey’s ground. 

Will give this a think. 

19 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not really arsed about a team hundreds of miles away, despite their once being a good chip shop near their ground, when in reality I’d have to do a bit of digging to find any footage of their games, let alone watch them live. 

Thought about “adopting” a local side this season and getting along to a few games there. Narrowed it down to two; Harlow Town or Waltham Abbey. They’re both equidistant from mine, so location isn’t really much of a factor. 

I was born in Harlow but apart from going to college there, that’s where my association ends with that place while I’ve never been to Waltham Abbey’s ground. 

Will give this a think. 

I honestly thought Leyton were your local team. How far away are you from there? 

Lucky lot for you all though really, as you can enjoy small grounds, whereas there is one team within 200 miles of me, and it's Atlanta United. 

16 minutes ago, Eco said:

I honestly thought Leyton were your local team. How far away are you from there? 

Lucky lot for you all though really, as you can enjoy small grounds, whereas there is one team within 200 miles of me, and it's Atlanta United. 

If we’re talking professional football, Orient is. If you’re throwing in non-league, it’s Harlow and Waltham Abbey. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived