talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are your go-to "comfort" movies & TV shows?

football forum

• Subscriber

You know, the ones you rewatch whenever you're feeling down and low, depressed, sick, sad, or just very blah, and they actually make you feel a bit better. Does anybody else has favourite movies/TV shows they go to on those occasions? Maybe on a rainy day, or on a cold winter day wrapped up in the blankets... 

For me it's M*A*S*H (the TV series) and any of the Star Wars movies. Oh and Love Actually.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I love that film. Shame there wasn't a sequel

Well you say that but John Wagner has suggested that there will be another Dredd film, and he said it's just a question of when! Karl Urban is keen to do another outing as Dredd which is great news and they are in the process of producing Mega City One the tv series so I have high hopes for that.. 

Anything Tarantino and South Park. The later never fails to make me laugh my ass off, and I must have watched Inglorious Basterds and Pulp Fiction around 10 times between them.

Love actually is a good shout. One of those gems I never skip when it's on TV. Usually by Christmas time.

• Subscriber

Not many musical movies I watch but one I can watch (and the wife) over and over again if we want to relax is Doris Day & Howard Keel in Calamity Jane when she sings all the songs in the show like The Deadwood Stage, Just Blew in From the Windy City etc and two of the songs she sings me and the wife would sing along with her is Secret Love and The Black Hills of Dakota :x

Seinfeld I have watched it zillion times, but it still makes me laugh everytime. If I have nothing better to do or need a laugh, then it's always Seinfeld. 

The Garden State I love a good quirky story. Plus the OST is wonderful and the cloudy, rainy New Jersey. I even don't mind the cheesy bits of the movie. I have a DVD of this, that I play quite regularly. 

The Motorcycle Diaries Again the movie and Gustavo Santaolalla's music, just always leaves a smile on my face. 

Almost Famous The music alone is good enough to change my mood for the better, but the movie as well is brilliant. 

Godfather 1and 2 No explanation needed. You have to watch it everytime it comes on the telly. These movies have a good effect on you. 

• Subscriber

Definitely Firefly for shows, I have watched the one season wonder far too many times to count. I would throw in Futurama as well.

Movies; John Wick, Collateral, TGTB and the Ugly and most of Clints westerns, and I usually watch Point Break once a year. The classic Tarantinos are worth a shout Pulp Fiction is still one of my fav couple movies. Id throw in Wedding Crashers too as hands down my favourite comedy. Love Actually is another good shout, that is THE christmas movie now.

• Subscriber

In no particular order

• Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
  • Planet Earth - I think I have watched this way too many times but its still superb to me
  • One Punch Man - The first half of this to me is very hilarious
  • Heat
  • Mad Men
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Endless Waltz 

• Subscriber
On 04/05/2019 at 13:41, Harry said:

Also I find comfort in 80's movies like the breakfast club, Ghostbusters and Ferris Bueller along with classic Spielberg stuff like the Goonies.

That first Ghostbusters movie has great childhood memories for me as does Honey I Shrunk the Kids as well.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

You should give Born in China a watch. It's similar to Planet Earth and visually stunning. 

I've seen it. Sometimes I wonder what it takes for the people that make these videos to think about the shots and the amount of post shot work as well.

For films I'm going to have to go with some classics: Wayne's World and Wayne's World 2 + Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Timeless films.

For TV shows, The Simpsons, especially the seasons before season... let's say season 20... maybe it's part nostalgia because I feel like The Simpson's raised me. But it's a quality show and I love it. Then I'll go with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, because it's just such a ridiculously entertaining show. Almost always is hilarious.

• 5 months later...

Archived