talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Congratulations Celtic - 8th Consecutive League Title

• Subscriber

Hats off from a Rangers man here in Scotland to the Hoops for wining their 8th consecutive SPL Title, and for the late great Billy McNeil. :ay::congrats:

1528464969_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.94b18560f1b2eaed244fb32e4ead2860.png

Aberdeen 0-3 Celtic - Lustig (40' minutes), Simunovic (53' minutes), Edouard (88' minutes)

Celtic secured an eighth consecutive title in style with a convincing win away to third-placed Aberdeen.

Neil Lennon's side are now two-thirds of the way towards a third consecutive clean sweep of domestic trophies after already lifting the League Cup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48075065

• The title was changed to Congratulation Celtic - 8th Consecutive League Title
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Congratulations to them but it's really not that hard.

Can only hope Rangers make it even more competitive next season. And perhaps Aberdeen as they've had a good season too.

• The title was changed to Congratulations Celtic - 8th Consecutive League Title

Celtic are at a major junction this summer, with major changes expected on and off the pitch this summer.

Their willingness to spend some money this summer will decide what calibre of manager will be in charge next season, as Rodgers seemed to be frustrated by their ability to sign players to compete at a higher level.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Can only hope Rangers make it even more competitive next season. And perhaps Aberdeen as they've had a good season too.

Rangers and Celtic have both won the SPL Title 9 in a row, Rangers from 1989/1997 and Celtic from 1966/1974, Celtic have 8 now and undoubtedly try for the 9 in a row again next season, last time Rangers stopped them making it 10 in a row and Celtic did the same to Rangers.

Saying all that it would be nice if another club could end Celtics reign and I don't mean just my Rangers but the last club to win the title besides the Gers & Hoops was Aberdeen in 1984/85 under Fergie.     

Would love to see a third side really come on to the scene and to have at least a three way title race, though that’s hugely unlikely. 

It does surprise me a bit that there isn’t more foreign investment into Scottish Football, particularly the two Edinburgh sides. They’ll be relatively cheap to purchase in comparison to English sides in the top two levels and the amount needed to compete in the top three is going to be significantly less than what you’d need in the Premier League and even the Championship. Plus both have decent stadiums that wouldn’t require much work, if any. Unlike the Premier League and even the Championship , you’ll have less competition and while usurping Celtic and Rangers is a hell of a task, it would be easier to compete with them instead of trying to compete with City, Liverpool, Spurs, United etc or trying to get out of the Championship.

I know Hearts had that dodgy Lithuanian/Russian owner but if I was mega rich and particularly wanted to get into Football, I genuinely think Hearts or Hibs would be two sides I’d really look at investing in, due to the city they’re based in, finances and competition. 

Anyway, I’m digressing from the thread, Celtic are expected to win the league and they have, it’s probably not their best or most memorable title win but they still have to match that expectancy and they’ve managed it, so fair play to them. 

• 5 weeks later...

I think the Scottish League could do with a club getting some oil money. I think I read the most consecutive League titles was Rosenberg who won 13 in a row.

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think the Scottish League could do with a club getting some oil money. I think I read the most consecutive League titles was Rosenberg who won 13 in a row.

So you'd just move the dominance from Celtic onto another club?

9 hours ago, tlr said:

So you'd just move the dominance from Celtic onto another club?

I meant money to make them competive. I don't mean like PSG oil money 

16 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Aberdeen already have oil money...

Archived