talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Call of Duty

football forum

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Online was superb until they nerfed all of the guns, I was raping with my STG until the patch. 

So glad that this COD has got the series back to it's best. 

Yeah in love with the STG. You are really screwed on guns until you unlock it at level 14 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Been saving single-player on this until I finish Assassins Creed but couldn't want any longer, I did the first mission this afternoon and fell in love with COD again. No spoilers to be found here, but it's the D-Day landing and they absolutely nailed it. 10/10. 

Shame that they nerfed it as it was lovely to use, so OP. The Grease Gun (for now) is what most people seem to be going to. 

That is, if you're not level 40+

Just bought a camo type for my dossier worth nearly 2500 credits only to realise it's not for the dossier I use :dam:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've still not gotten it to be honest. I've spent a lot of money on games the last 5 days and the new Cod is bottom of my priorities list at the moment. I'm actually still happy with Bo3 because of the fun of the jetpack. I'll probably get it soon though. Looks great.

• 1 month later...

this brings back memories ........... wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy back Call of Duty 2.    me and my friends has set up a lan system in one of our friend's home and every night we get together and play till the wee hours of the morning and damn, this game is one of our favourites.     the teasing and the bickering ... miss those days.

• 7 months later...

Just pre-ordered Blackops 4. Not going to lie, it doesn't look like a big upgrade. The battle royale doesn't get my attention, as it looks just like Pubg to me. However, I am staying loyal to the Treyarch Call of Duty games. I loved Blackops 3, despite how flawed that game was.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Blue said:

Just pre-ordered Blackops 4. Not going to lie, it doesn't look like a big upgrade. The battle royale doesn't get my attention, as it looks just like Pubg to me. However, I am staying loyal to the Treyarch Call of Duty games. I loved Blackops 3, despite how flawed that game was.

Does it have Black Ops one maps?

Greatest ever CoD. 

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

MW2 best for me. Black ops close second

Black ops campaign however, best of the franchise. 

BO1 best campaign

BO3 best Zombies

No idea about BO2

Did anyone else really really really hate Black Ops 3. Having said that, I'm awaiting a delivery from Amazon for Black Ops 4... supposed to come tomorrow morning but sometimes they deliver preorders a bit early.

As far as best CoDs, I think it's a 3 way split between multiplayer (the bread and butter of CoD imo), campaign, and zombies. In my books I'd say: Modern Warfare 2 was the best multiplayer (by a bit too), Black Ops 1 had the best campaign (although MW1 was great as well), and Black Ops 2 had the best zombies.

Before the founders of the series were sacked from Infinity Ward, I thought they were the best CoD developer. I don't know if any of you played the very very old CoDs… the Medal of Honour style WW2 games. But those were my 2 actual favourites of the series, great campaigns that were memorable and a really great online system that was very easy to mod. I loved those games, I was in a clan and everything xD

When I went to uni, MW and MW2 were all the rage. Those are my favourites from the "new era" of CoD - although I have to admit that Black Ops 1 & 2 are absolute classics. Then the creators were sacked from Infinity Ward before that steaming pile of turd Modern Warfare 3 was released I think, and the series got a bit shite for me. I played a lot of Advanced Warfare, but I didn't really enjoy it all that much - I just knew it was better than Ghosts. And then there's the Black Ops 3 debacle. Probably to compete with the original CoD creators going off and starting Respawn entertainment with those (brilliant) Titanfall games, they just took the wallrunning from that and made it clunkier and less useful. I didn't like the maps or zombies of that one either. And the campaign was dogshite.

So I'm really hoping I don't regret pre-ordering Black Ops 4. But a lot of friends have said the beta was fantastic, that I'll love Blackout (because I like PUBG a lot), and the trailers for zombies look pretty good. If there's one thing I trust Treyarch to do better than other CoD developers it's the zombies mode. Granted, I thought that before playing Black Ops 3 too...

But clips online look really promising. And I feel very nostalgic being excited for a new Call of Duty again.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Black Ops 2 had the best zombies.

Disagree. Say what you want about Bo3 but it excelled in Zombies. It had almost every map in the history of Cod (from Nacht der Untoten, to Revelations), introduced gobblegums and added all the new Bo3 features on the remastered maps. The gameplay was also smooth and added some decent maps of its own. I agree with Bo1 and MW2 though.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Disagree. Say what you want about Bo3 but it excelled in Zombies. It had almost every map in the history of Cod (from Nacht der Untoten, to Revelations), introduced gobblegums and added all the new Bo3 features on the remastered maps. The gameplay was also smooth and added some decent maps of its own. I agree with Bo1 and MW2 though.

It's possible that my opinion of BO3 clouds my opinion of it's zombies as well. Although I didn't like a lot of the BO3 features, so them being in zombies on remastered maps is probably why I didn't like it.

On 09/10/2018 at 04:32, Cannabis said:

I enjoyed it, best COD since BOPS1 for me. 

It probably got bad reviews because you didn't get a jetpack 

I'm going to play devils advocate, but I am one of the few people who really liked the advanced movements. It added a lot more skill to the game and movements more fluid. I prefer that rather than just aim and sneak around. I can understand why people wouldn't accept change though as it's not call of duty's roots, and its not like the older games didn't involve any skills. They definitely did. I just think gameplay is more smooth with the jetpack.

The thing I dislike about these games is how flawed the servers are. Matchmaking on BO3 was god awful.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Have you played Titanfall? It's what COD ripped off with advanced movements. Very underrated games too, both are class.

I have heard of it but never actually seen or played it.

COD just now ripped off Pubg. Battle royale is a genre of game, so Fortnite didn't rip them off because they play completely different. However, this new blackout mode looks identical to Pubg.

I'm still going to play it because the map looks like a very nice tribute to the community over the years, but it's not what catches my attention. I buy these games because I enjoy them, that's really it. 

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Have you played Titanfall? It's what COD ripped off with advanced movements. Very underrated games too, both are class.

Titanfall 1 and 2 are so much better than Black Ops 3. Or any futuristic COD really. The wall running in BO3 was so shite in comparison & felt so forced.

As far as Blackout copying PUBG, you can say that about any battle royale game. But then every shooter is copying Doom with deathmatvh and TDM. Lots of game modes get lifted by other games. As a fan of PUBG (but not Fortnite) I’m looking forward to seeing an AAA battle royale game. PUBG is a great game, but it’s a buggy mess.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As far as Blackout copying PUBG, you can say that about any battle royale game.

No, you can't really. Fortnite is completely different to Pubg, in every single way. This on the other hand, is a blatant copy from what I've seen so far.

• Subscriber
On 09/10/2018 at 10:14, The Artful Dodger said:

Is the COD ww11 worth getting? Seems to have shit reviews but im interested in that era more than modern stuff and hate all the zombie/alien shit. 

I have it but haven't played loads. I like it though.

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did anyone else really really really hate Black Ops 3. Having said that, I'm awaiting a delivery from Amazon for Black Ops 4... supposed to come tomorrow morning but sometimes they deliver preorders a bit early.

As far as best CoDs, I think it's a 3 way split between multiplayer (the bread and butter of CoD imo), campaign, and zombies. In my books I'd say: Modern Warfare 2 was the best multiplayer (by a bit too), Black Ops 1 had the best campaign (although MW1 was great as well), and Black Ops 2 had the best zombies.

Before the founders of the series were sacked from Infinity Ward, I thought they were the best CoD developer. I don't know if any of you played the very very old CoDs… the Medal of Honour style WW2 games. But those were my 2 actual favourites of the series, great campaigns that were memorable and a really great online system that was very easy to mod. I loved those games, I was in a clan and everything xD

When I went to uni, MW and MW2 were all the rage. Those are my favourites from the "new era" of CoD - although I have to admit that Black Ops 1 & 2 are absolute classics. Then the creators were sacked from Infinity Ward before that steaming pile of turd Modern Warfare 3 was released I think, and the series got a bit shite for me. I played a lot of Advanced Warfare, but I didn't really enjoy it all that much - I just knew it was better than Ghosts. And then there's the Black Ops 3 debacle. Probably to compete with the original CoD creators going off and starting Respawn entertainment with those (brilliant) Titanfall games, they just took the wallrunning from that and made it clunkier and less useful. I didn't like the maps or zombies of that one either. And the campaign was dogshite.

So I'm really hoping I don't regret pre-ordering Black Ops 4. But a lot of friends have said the beta was fantastic, that I'll love Blackout (because I like PUBG a lot), and the trailers for zombies look pretty good. If there's one thing I trust Treyarch to do better than other CoD developers it's the zombies mode. Granted, I thought that before playing Black Ops 3 too...

But clips online look really promising. And I feel very nostalgic being excited for a new Call of Duty again.

MW2 multiplayer was really good, all my mates think that's the best. Some good memories bashing MW2 and BOPS1. Hours well spent!!

Black Ops 1 was the best all round for me, always thought that. Campaign was shit hot as everyone thinks. I really liked the maps and guns on Multiplayer. Summit, Firing Range, Jungle, Havana, Hanoi etc etc. 

And Zombies... loved it. I remember once spending 10 hours in one game on Kino Der Toten and got to like 4th best on the leaderboard. I loved the original maps. Before it all got a bit too silly in 1 or 2 of the games.

I'm friends with a Belgian guy called Yannick just from gaming on Black Ops 1 and Zombies in particular. xD

Has anyone played it yet? Last night my xbox crew was all on it... and I'm stuck waiting for mine to get delivered today. I'm hoping it gets to my house by the time I get home from PT, because I'm not coming back to work after PT just for this xD

39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Has anyone played it yet? Last night my xbox crew was all on it... and I'm stuck waiting for mine to get delivered today. I'm hoping it gets to my house by the time I get home from PT, because I'm not coming back to work after PT just for this xD

I have a bit last night when it came out. I'll give my opinion on it a bit later but early thoughts, it's fun. Just not enough people on blackout. The wait times are ridiculous.

Just now, Blue said:

I have a bit last night when it came out. I'll give my opinion on it a bit later but early thoughts, it's fun. Just not enough people on blackout. The wait times are ridiculous.

Yeah but when you play right at launch, you're sort of limited to only those who bought the digital copy + those who stayed up late enough for the launch time.

Archived