talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Call of Duty

football forum

I got it yesterday after relenting to peer pressure from a shitload of friends. It’s a very good COD. The campaign is fun and the story is interesting and not a load of bollocks like the last few COD’s that had campaigns (Black Ops 3 was a terrible campaign imo).

The multiplayer is done well. The slower pace but faster TTK + larger maps than the last few CODs makes it seem like a more thought out core multiplayer than the same old 3 lane tiny maps where eventually everything feels like the same map. And thank god they’re not selling new maps to fracture them playerbase.

The Coop modes are a lot of fun too. I don’t miss a “zombies” mode in this cod

My biggest complaint about the game is that it doesn’t play nicely with the Xbox live party chat, which is incredibly annoying and I haven’t come across a fix that isn’t irritating.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's the best COD I've played in a very long time...

…but it's also one of the most frustrating CODs in a long time because of a particular technical issue that I've not really found any solution for. So many times it'll pull me out of matches telling me I don't have an active Xbox live connection when I'm connected to Xbox Live. And it's only been an issue with this game.

So I've messed around my router settings. I tried uPnP - that didn't help. I turned that off and tried Port Forwarding out... similarly, no effect at all. I then did the last resort situation of putting my Xbox on my router's DMZ... that reduced the frequency of the issue until up about Sunday. But yesterday, it was as bad as it's ever been in terms of pulling me out of the game.

Activision support has been absolutely terrible. They have no solution and they don't seem interested in really giving me any real support so I can play their fucking game.

My Xbox works fine online with literally any other game I've tried to play with Xbox Live since getting this COD. So I have no idea what's wrong with it - and it's particularly frustrating because over here you can't return a game you've bought once you've opened it.

As a result, I think I'm through with the COD series & any other Activision game. It's ridiculous they could just take my money for a game with an issue that at times makes it completely unplayable, put me in a situation where I can't fucking return the game, and then have no real fix for my issue. 

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nah. Would have been tempted but the download size is ridiculous really. That and I'm not really playing too much atm. 

Why? Have you not been furloughed? I’ve loved how much I’ve been able to game :D

There’s not a lot of sheep in the game but it’s still good. And for free!

I’ve got the actual game, but Warzone is free to download for all. 

23 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Why? Have you not been furloughed? I’ve loved how much I’ve been able to game :D

There’s not a lot of sheep in the game but it’s still good. And for free!

I’ve got the actual game, but Warzone is free to download for all. 

Nah, I work in the NHS (informatics) so working from home for now. 

I'd be tempted but I think the download size is a good 80-100GB. 

As for the second part, there's no sheep as they're protecting our borders from you wankers. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
On 20/05/2020 at 18:30, Danny said:

I would be lying if I said I hadn’t spent about 5-6 hours today playing COD Warzone 😅 Only level 43 or something dumb so my weapons are all shit

What console do you play on?

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/05/2020 at 01:27, JOSHBRFC said:

Any Warzone players? 

Been enjoying that recently 

I've just downloaded it but will be my first foray back into PC gaming in a decade so I'm likely to be shit

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived