talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cardiff Return To The Championship

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a shame, really. Unlike the last time they were in the Premier League, they’ve really given it a go but have had such an unfortunate season, with some decisions against them really costing them and of course the tragic events of the Emiliano Sala signing. 

It was inevitable. We simply never had the quality to stay up and were always nailed on for relegation. 

However, I couldn't be more proud of the club this time round. Despite everyone expecting us to be slapped about and be in Huddersfield's position, we gave it a damn good go, surprised many and at least went down fighting this time. On top of this was losing Emiliano Sala as well. What could have possibly been. Ironically, we have more points now than we did five seasons ago (albeit only by one). 

As for next season, it's difficult to say. Gunners is gone, Camarasa, Arter and Niasse will go back to their parent clubs and am unsure how many of our main players will leave in general. The centre of midfield will have to be top priority now as we'll only have Ralls, Bacuna and possibly Paterson next season. 

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’s a shame, really. Unlike the last time they were in the Premier League, they’ve really given it a go but have had such an unfortunate season, with some decisions against them really costing them and of course the tragic events of the Emiliano Sala signing. 

I think they were products of their own downfall; lack of a proper goalscorer or creative player - think I heard earlier their top scorer only has 5 goals and top assist-maker only has 4. 

Even before the recent bad decisions and the tragic Sala incident. They just didn't seem to have enough quality.

11 hours ago, Stan said:

I think they were products of their own downfall; lack of a proper goalscorer or creative player - think I heard earlier their top scorer only has 5 goals and top assist-maker only has 4. 

Even before the recent bad decisions and the tragic Sala incident. They just didn't seem to have enough quality.

Camarasa mainly had the assists (he was the only real creative player we had), while Camarasa (again), Paterson, Bamba and Reid (who really should have played more) got the goals. The fact that two of the four are defenders says a lot. 

Unfortunately, we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Strikers are not exactly cheap (see Solanke, who's young but done fuck all, to Bournemouth as an example) and getting a creative midfielder cheap and could make the step up was going to be extremely difficult. Our squad was simply not good enough and the only other option was to spunk the cash like the premiership wankboy shithouses, and we saw what happened to them. 

10 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Will Warnock retire now or stick around?

My hope is that he will stay for next season to try and see if he can work his magic again, but he has come out and said he's unsure of his future so not sure what will happen. 

I have to say @Bluebird Hewitt, I was very vocal in how poor a side Cardiff were last season and how they went up.

I thought they would go down but they made a better fight of it than I expected so fair play to you on that.

Brighton are very lucky to survive because they have been dogshit and they have basically shithoused their way out of survival by pure luck of the others being poor.

Now for the biggest question. Not which players you'll keep, or whether Warnock will stay but even more important.

Will the ground go back to being half empty now or will the fans pay for Championship football?

33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I have to say @Bluebird Hewitt, I was very vocal in how poor a side Cardiff were last season and how they went up.

I thought they would go down but they made a better fight of it than I expected so fair play to you on that.

Brighton are very lucky to survive because they have been dogshit and they have basically shithoused their way out of survival by pure luck of the others being poor.

Now for the biggest question. Not which players you'll keep, or whether Warnock will stay but even more important.

Will the ground go back to being half empty now or will the fans pay for Championship football?

You know the answer to that as well as I do. xD

Archived