talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Firmino and now Salah out, I dont think Liverpool haev a good chance anymore. Barcelona will score atleast once for sure and then its a mountain to climb for the home side..

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Asura said:

With Firmino and now Salah out, I dont think Liverpool haev a good chance anymore. Barcelona will score atleast once for sure and then its a mountain to climb for the home side..

Salah confirmed out? 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Salah confirmed out? 

That was basically confirmed as soon as he was lying on the ground unconscious before being stretchered off. Concussions generally take 7-10 days to really recover from... so his season might actually be over unfortunately.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Klopp talks as if he's already given up on this.

I mean we've got to score 4 goals without Firmino or Salah against probably the best side in the world. I wouldn't fancy our chances too much at all, it will take a miracle really.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That was basically confirmed as soon as he was lying on the ground unconscious before being stretchered off. Concussions generally take 7-10 days to really recover from... so his season might actually be over unfortunately.

I didn't see it mate. Missed that during the game.

Just now, Stan said:

I didn't see it mate. Missed that during the game.

It was pretty terrifying tbh, seeing him just lying there all limp. Seeing him awake on the stretcher was good though, but a pretty shit way to lose your top scorer right before your side desperately needs to score goals against a side that just put 3 past us last week - and that's already not ideal.

I feel for him though, if he's as concussed as I was after I got knocked the fuck out... he's spent the last two days dizzy and vomiting. That was not a fun time for me at all.

Yeah I think realistically any slim hope we had of turning it around went when Salah went down on Saturday night. I think we'll give it a good go but it's going to be near impossible without two of the regular front three

Just now, LFCMike said:

Yeah I think realistically any slim hope we had of turning it around went when Salah went down on Saturday night. I think we'll give it a good go but it's going to be near impossible without two of the regular front three

Honestly, if Leicester take any points off Manchester City I wouldn't honestly wouldn't mind if Klopp decided to fuck this one off entirely and rest players for Wolves.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly, if Leicester take any points off Manchester City I wouldn't honestly wouldn't mind if Klopp decided to fuck this one off entirely and rest players for Wolves.

Seen some mention this but nah, not for me.  I think there's enough of a break between the two games to not have to rest players. I also don't see any of the first eleven being happy at being rested in a European Cup semi final whether it's nearly mission Impossible or not. I want to see us give it our best shot regardless of the league situation.

No Salah and no Bobby. Van Dijk trained alone, with some fitness issues. And Lovren has given a pre-match interview(those always end well, dont they). 

Can only see this going one way. I won't be surprised to see Ox starting this, and Klopp flooding the midfield with Mane alone up top.

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

No Salah and no Bobby. Van Dijk trained alone, with some fitness issues. And Lovren has given a pre-match interview(those always end well, dont they). 

Can only see this going one way. I won't be surprised to see Ox starting this, and Klopp flooding the midfield with Mane alone up top.

The Ox tweaked something in his warmup against Newcastle, I don't think he'll play again this season.

Our season really has fizzled out to fuck all hasn't it. 

With Salah and Firmino I believed we still had a chance. If it's Sturridge and Origi starting up there then we are fucked. 

What a truly depressing end to the season it's been.

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Our season really has fizzled out to fuck all hasn't it. 

With Salah and Firmino I believed we still had a chance. If it's Sturridge and Origi starting up there then we are fucked. 

What a truly depressing end to the season it's been.

I don't see the point in starting Sturridge tbh. He's scared of any physicality after all of those injuries. He's scared to sprint. He doesn't offer anything anymore after his injury issues, unfortunately. Only reason he's on the pitch is because if he's got the time and space to hit a nice shot, he can do that. But he makes us worse with his inability to be a part of the press and he reduces our attacking options with his lack of mobility.

If we're going to beat Barcelona by 4 clear goals, we're going to need players that work their bollocks off. Maybe give Sturridge a chance at the end of a match, where he's fresh up against tired legs. But starting him would be a massive waste.

I'd start this 

Allison

TAA.          MATIP.         VVD.         ROBBO 

FABINHO.            GINI.

HENDERSON

ORIGI.         MANE.      LALLANA 

Like you said. No point in Sturridge cause he offers nothing. Origi over Shaqiri against Alba and Lallana in there cause his passing around the box is creative.

• Subscriber

I'd push for more midfield cover in this game as we have to find a way to just keep them from getting any joy on the wings or even in the last third.

Allison

Trent - Matip - VVD - Andy

Fabinho - Gini

Henderson - Lallana

Origi - Mane

I wouldn't count on Origi causing Alba any problems but I do think Henderson can hunt him down if you let him play up a bit more.

Problem is, we can't pack the midfield because we need goal threats up there. They aren't gonna play out from the back, there won't be any high lines to run in behind. It's a case of just bombarding their box with as many players as possible. Gini and fab to cover the counter attacks. 

Really, I just don't see a scenario where we score more than one. Not unless Mane single handedly murders the defence. Should just start Brewster up there for a laugh, can't do any worse that Sturridge would 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I'd start this 

Allison

TAA.          MATIP.         VVD.         ROBBO 

FABINHO.            GINI.

HENDERSON

ORIGI.         MANE.      LALLANA 

Like you said. No point in Sturridge cause he offers nothing. Origi over Shaqiri against Alba and Lallana in there cause his passing around the box is creative.

I'd rather start Shaqiri over Lallana tbh. I don't like Lallana in a front 3... and he's hardly played at all this season. Shaqiri has also hardly played at all, but he's shown us quite a few good moments in his short LFC career that I'm surprised he didn't get more of a look in. But there's rumours that Klopp's barely played him as of late because he's got a new position for Shaqiri he's trying to get him more comfortable with. Who knows if it's true or not.

Either way, whoever we start in the front 3... it's going to be far from ideal (obviously). It was pretty telling in the first leg that Klopp preferred Gini in the front 3 to Origi, Shaqiri or Lallana.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Ox tweaked something in his warmup against Newcastle, I don't think he'll play again this season.

Just saw that. Shame really. Hearing that Brewster might play in this. It would be quite a start to his Liverpool career. 

46 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Just saw that. Shame really. Hearing that Brewster might play in this. It would be quite a start to his Liverpool career. 

Yeah sounds like he'll be on the bench

• The title was changed to Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived