talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Don't think it's unsporting at all but I was amazed at the time that the goal stood. Is it normal practice for the referee to let them take a corner that quickly? Is it just one of those daft things I've never noticed?

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I don't think anyone knows? Not many teams walk to the edge of the area and stare in the complete opposite direction by the time the other team has the ball in the corner ready to take it. Amateur hour from Barcelona. If you're Arnold though surely you take the quick corner kick and ask questions later when you see that unfolding in front of you.

I thought the whistle hadn’t blown and that is why Barca were unorganised  tbf, and it was just let go. Haha, I kinda take it back.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think anyone knows? Not many teams walk to the edge of the area and stare in the complete opposite direction by the time the other team has the ball in the corner ready to take it. Amateur hour from Barcelona. If you're Arnold though surely you take the quick corner kick and ask questions later when you see that unfolding in front of you.

It was unforgivable. Even when i played Sunday league you were told to 'stand on' any set piece if the team isn't in position and to prevent it being taken quickly. It was good from Arnold but horrific from Barcelona. 

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Don't think it's unsporting at all but I was amazed at the time that the goal stood. Is it normal practice for the referee to let them take a corner that quickly? Is it just one of those daft things I've never noticed?

I don't think many refs have to deal with a defending team looking entirely unarsed in a CL semi final. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think I'd prefer to get Spurs in the final tbh. We're more familiar with them and they're not in great form and a bit depleted with injuries.

Whereas Ajax have that side of "forgotten European giants having a date with destiny" type of feel that I felt with us in 2005. So not going against them in the final sounds ideal to a superstitious Gonzo.

That's why I don't think they will make it through.. results wise they hit a wall and injuries have come at a bad time for them, you never know though, one giant effort and that could all change.. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That's what I thought he'd done as well. Thought he'd cheekily taken a chance and was amazed he'd gotten away with it. I think regardless of if it should stand it's actually a pretty amazing bit of play, to spot that pass and play it like that.

Think the referee's got to use a bit of common sense though. Then again it's Cakir.

Jürgen Klopp: "I told the boys before it was impossible, but because it’s you boys, we have a chance. It's 10 past 10, the children are probably in bed. These boys are fucking unbelievable. I seen James Milner crying on the pitch afterwards. Fine me if you want."

1e88199724fa54fda8074d7358ba2d2f.gif

Congrats to the Pool guys in here. This is great.

Gonzo mate, what did I told you? Us in the quarters, Barça in the semis. Same run like in the Uefa Cup you won, in 2001.

Fuck Fútbol Club Barcelona.

2 minutes ago, ASF said:

Congrats to the Pool guys in here. This is great.

Gonzo mate, what did I told you? Us in the quarters, Barça in the semis. Same run like in the Uefa Cup you won, in 2001.

Fuck Fútbol Club Barcelona.

I hope it's not another heart attack final. But if that's what it takes for us to win, bring on the defibrillator because I might need it 

I felt bad yesterday after City won as I thought Liverpool are going to end up trophyless after a sensational season they had. Im actually happy for them right now.

I still hope Liverpool win the PL and lose the final to Ajax (if they make it tomorrow).

What a match, what a comeback, especially when no one thought there is really going to be a chance without their two best players against the best team currently.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Trent Alexander-Arnold though. What a talent

Imagine not rating him. Madness. 

Yeah he has things he can improve on for sure but there's certain people on here who would refuse to give him credit even after a good performance in the past. Whether that's blindness or stupidity is still to be determined. 

He's still only 20 years old though ffs. So much talent there for a young player. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived