talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)

Shame Liverpool aren’t at full strength as I reckon they’d have enough to turn this round. Not that it’s out of question with the current players on the pitch but it’s more difficult.

Really struggle to like this current Barcelona side, Messi and Busquets aside.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a match by Vidal. Best player on the pitch, in my opinion. Dude is a lion, he's everywhere. Hate to see my boy Arthur benched, but Vidal deserves to be a starter. 

On a negative note, it's hard to choose who's the worst between Coutinho and Shaqiri.

Just now, Dan said:

Cuneyt Cakir. Shock horror. Up there with the shittest ref I've seen live. Speaks volumes about UEFA's directive that he gets games at this level.

Lol his name is Cuneyt. Take the e and the y out of that and that's a pretty accurate name for the utter cunt.

• Subscriber

Someone needs to tell Shaqiri that he can pass a bit harder. That’s twice he’s sold a player short. Other than that you can’t fault this team for trying. The little rub on Messi’s head by Andy was priceless.

Shaqiri looks devoid of confidence. He had a bit of confidence, but the long spell on the side lines seems to have affected him. 

Can't really ask a lot from the players, apart from goals and maybe Mane just imposing himself a wee bit. 

Robbo has been excellent as usual, except for that silly and unnecessary slap on Messi. 

• Administrator
Just now, El Profesor said:

What a match by Vidal. Best player on the pitch, in my opinion. Dude is a lion, he's everywhere. Hate to see my boy Arthur benched, but Vidal deserves to be a starter. 

On a negative note, it's hard to choose who's the worst between Coutinho and Shaqiri.

Vidal has been perfect for this game from a defensive aspect. Arthur would not have been able to do the job he's done. 

Everyone thinks Vidal will just hack away at players and be cynically fouling all the time. Can't remember a foul he's done so far? He's disrupted Liverpool's game sensibly today with good tackles. 

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Was excellent in the first leg, and good here. The way he dispossessed Mane was brilliant. Juventus were idiots to sell him, considering the shite central midfield they have now. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Vidal has been perfect for this game from a defensive aspect. Arthur would not have been able to do the job he's done. 

Everyone thinks Vidal will just hack away at players and be cynically fouling all the time. Can't remember a foul he's done so far? He's disrupted Liverpool's game sensibly today with good tackles. 

Agree, Barcelona needs the defensive work of Vidal. At the same time, they miss the organization in the transition Arthur gives them. I´d replace Coutinho with Arthur and play with a 4-man midfield.

10 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Was excellent in the first leg, and good here. The way he dispossessed Mane was brilliant. Juventus were idiots to sell him, considering the shite central midfield they have now. 

At the time, Juventus didn´t have the financial power to keep Vidal when Bayern came knocking. But I agree, Juve´s midfield is their weak point. 

I didn't mind Barca cheating when they at least played nice football.

There's just nothing about them anymore. Just a negative, counterattacking side, that plays in a big empty, crumbling stadium, against shite sides, and has an enormous nasty streak and inferiority complex, despite having every advantage they could ask for (including the best player in history). 

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

I didn't mind Barca cheating when they at least played nice football.

There's just nothing about them anymore. Just a negative, counterattacking side, that plays in a big empty, crumbling stadium, against shite sides, and has an enormous nasty streak and inferiority complex, despite having every advantage they could ask for (including the best player in history). 

I wouldn't say they've been negative, they're not necessarily even trying to play this way but Liverpool's intense tempo makes counterrattacking the natural reaction. As for the cheating etc, I don't think they're any worse than they've ever been. Like it or not, it's something inherent in the Spanish game and European referees will always be closer to the European game than the British.

• The title was changed to Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived