talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ajax (3) 2-3a (3) Tottenham - Wednesday 8th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not sure if there should be a counter attack goal then you are 3.0 up on aggregate. Sometimes young teams can't see games out

Think the problem is they've played so far up its left them vulnerable. And just as I say that Lucas Moura puts another in. Now, we have a semi-final.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams play better when they are forced to take the initiative or when they have almost in some cases nothing to lose. Honestly, the best thing Ajax could have done was to have got back on the front foot at the start of the second half, they did the opposite.

The drama of this season's Champions League has been brilliant but it's nothing new. These ties can be fascinating from a mental point of view.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

This Ajax team won't defend and good on them they didn't get this far by playing that way either.

They should probably learn to do it more efficiently though.

It won't work in a 1-legged tie against Liverpool if they get so far...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

They should probably learn to do it more efficiently though.

It won't work in a 1-legged tie against Liverpool if they get so far...

I think they can defend its just not what they are setup to do. I don't think we'd see them beating teams if that was the case because their strength isn't in that defense its their quick offensive play. It's when you get teams who pressure them quickly that they can get caught out. Pretty much the same with Barcelona as well. Sustained pressure will break them which is why I really want them over Spurs because it feeds into the way we play as well.

• The title was changed to Ajax (3) 2-3a (3) Tottenham - Wednesday 8th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived