talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ajax (3) 2-3a (3) Tottenham - Wednesday 8th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Staggering achievement to turn that around. Spurs getting to final in the circumstances they have is the biggest story in European football this season. Without spending obscene amounts on the playing staff too.

I can't see them beating Liverpool, but then, it has been a bizarre knockout stage this year... Why not?

46 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Teams play better when they are forced to take the initiative or when they have almost in some cases nothing to lose. Honestly, the best thing Ajax could have done was to have got back on the front foot at the start of the second half, they did the opposite.

The drama of this season's Champions League has been brilliant but it's nothing new. These ties can be fascinating from a mental point of view.

The four semi-finals of this year's Champions League have been a story of that. When teams have looked to play it safe and sit back, they've been punished. It's been fascinating from a mental point of view.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

It doesn't matter who you're a fan of these last few weeks have produced some incredible results. For Spurs to get this far with the lack of investment, watching a young Ajax team blow away fan favourites, watching a Barcelona team eat humble-pie at Anfield, watching City lose to Spurs and get ejected again. I'm a little jealous of folks who live in Europe and get to go to these games.

Anyone who is a fan of good passionate football has to have loved it this season.... 

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Spurs Liverpool is like being given the choice of Saville or Glotter babysitting your kids, the whole of Europe has lost tonight

Spurs maybe. Liverpool are a very good side

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Anyone who is a fan of good passionate football has to have loved it this season.... 

Unless you’re a Barca or Ajax fan, in which case it’s understandable if you hate football a bit 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Totally gutted for Ajax. Not all fairytales come true and this summer they’ll be ripped to shreds by the vultures.

Could be worse. Could be a spurs,real madrid final

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Unless you’re a Barca or Ajax fan, in which case it’s understandable if you hate football a bit 

Or arsenal

Just now, Rick said:

Hard not to like Potchettino

I do actually like him even though he manages that mob. 

Great match. 

Happy for Lucas. When he started his career, Lucas was up there with Neymar but his PSG stint was a tough one. The move to PSG really paid off for him. Nice guy and hard worker, very deserved. And I hope Draxler takes note and move from PSG. 

Football is strange. Last week, Llorente had a terrible match, but today when he came on, Tottenham got much better. Props for Poch for making the Wanyama for Llorente substitution. Changed the game for Spurs.

Just now, Rick said:

Hard not to like Potchettino

Nah it’s easy not to like anyone standing in the way of us being European champions from my perspective.

He’s a great manager though, probably one of the best at half time adjustments. I’m glad United went with Solskjaer over him 

10 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

He said better game, not bigger achievement.

Yup. Personally I don't get comparisons on a 3 goal turnaround with last night. What we saw today happens a lot. However this for me this was a much better game. But apparently having my opinion on what game entertained me more takes the biscuit for "all the rubbish I talk".

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah it’s easy not to like anyone standing in the way of us being European champions from my perspective.

He’s a great manager though, probably one of the best at half time adjustments. I’m glad United went with Solskjaer over him 

Don't get me wrong. I'll hate him for 90 minutes of football in 3 weeks time. 

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

For every decent fan there’s 20 cunts it’s an affliction both fanbases sufffer from, Arsenal aren’t far behind 

Unfortunately that's probably true of most fanbases of all clubs. There's a pretty high cunt to non-cunt ratio, sadly.

• The title was changed to Ajax (3) 2-3a (3) Tottenham - Wednesday 8th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived