talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ajax (3) 2-3a (3) Tottenham - Wednesday 8th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)

I'll give my full opinions later, but I want to get in that this is the best game of football I've seen since Nacional beat Rosario Central a few years ago.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blown away by the games we have watched all the way through... some fantastic results and unreal results which just goes to show you can't beat that never say die attitude no matter how bleak it looks.. 

Well played Spurs... fully deserving on the night

3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I'll give my full opinions later, but I want to get in that this is the best game of football I've seen since Nacional beat Rosario Central a few years ago.

Better than last night? Stop talking shite.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Machado said:

Damn, had to miss this one. Quick recap? Last minute goal... another historic night I see.

Yeah in the dying seconds too. Lucas Moura was on fire tonight. Just as good as last night's game in many ways. Okay, I lie not as good as last night's but it was definitely a semi-final for the records.

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Damn, had to miss this one. Quick recap? Last minute goal... another historic night I see.

First half Ajax were in complete control, took a 2-0 lead with them to half time.

Second half Spurs put Llorente on and they start going long and he can hold the ball up and all of a sudden they’re the better side by far. Lucas Moura got a hat trick with his final goal in the dying seconds. And Spurs are through in away goals.

Ajax had no answer to Spurs in the second half, none at all. Full credit to Pochettino 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

For me, yes. This game was a lot more evened out and had a last minute winner. You can't beat that.

Son and Llorente had the "were finished" expression after Lloris' corner. That was crazy.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

For us Liverpool fans last night was obviously better. But I can see why a neutral would prefer this match - over 90 minutes we saw an absolute shift in momentum and Spurs look like a completely different side. And they overpowered a side that was better than them over 1.5 matches of football with an incredible half of football.

• The title was changed to Ajax (3) 2-3a (3) Tottenham - Wednesday 8th May, 2019

This game was better than yesterday. 

Spurs down 3:0 away with 45 minutes on the clock. Scoring 3 in that last half unreal and Ajax looked like they were ready to score their next. 

Perhaps Ajax should have been aware of the time and go to the corner more.  Only 1 time they did and didn't kill off much time there

barca last night looked lost for start to end. A shell of themselves 

3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

For me, yes. This game was a lot more evened out and had a last minute winner. You can't beat tha

Eit: I'm not going to get into this anyways. Don't want to ruin this topic. Agree to disagree.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Stan said:

Lightning quick counter by Spurs ends with Lucas slotting past Onana.

Ajax need to watch themselves here. Composure and game management needed! Can't capitulate like Barca last night just because a goal has been conceded.

Ajax did not watch themselves and they lost their composure and lacked game management. They capitulated.

:( 

Just now, Rick said:

Coming back from three goals down against Barcelona and not being able to concede. You talk rubbish a lot, but this takes the biscuit. 

Not taking away from what Spurs have done, but our task was much bigger.

He said better game, not bigger achievement.

• Subscriber

It doesn't matter who you're a fan of these last few weeks have produced some incredible results. For Spurs to get this far with the lack of investment, watching a young Ajax team blow away fan favourites, watching a Barcelona team eat humble-pie at Anfield, watching City lose to Spurs and get ejected again. I'm a little jealous of folks who live in Europe and get to go to these games.

• The title was changed to Ajax (3) 2-3a (3) Tottenham - Wednesday 8th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived