Charlton vs Doncaster, 19.45

FINAL
Sunday 26th May, 2019

Venue - Wembley, 15.00

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think you'll be fine. Playoffs are their own entity but it's good to have form going in to them - Sunderland only one win in seven and no wins in four. Apart from the Charlton game and more recently since you've secured playoffs, Portsmouth's form was ridiculously good. 

If Charlton get through to the final they'll be tougher to face. 

5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just think. You can join the mighty Cardiff City next season if you do. :)

It would be a honor to join you, sir.  :ay:

Being on the South Coast, I'm 100% behind you @Eco, I really think it would be great to see you back up with your fans. If you get to the final, I think it will seriously help you having had the big game experience from the Wembley trip earlier in the season.

But I really can't believe how many people are underestimating Charlton here. They are going right under the radar despite being the form team going into the playoffs.

They also seem to fit the stereotypical playoff winner mould of coming out of nowhere to win.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Being on the South Coast, I'm 100% behind you @Eco, I really think it would be great to see you back up with your fans. If you get to the final, I think it will seriously help you having had the big game experience from the Wembley trip earlier in the season.

But I really can't believe how many people are underestimating Charlton here. They are going right under the radar despite being the form team going into the playoffs.

They also seem to fit the stereotypical playoff winner mould of coming out of nowhere to win.

Certainly Charlton are the most in form team going into the playoffs, but from the start of the season I expected Sunderland to walk this league, with either us or Barnsley following (I didn't expect this from Luton), so this was the match up I wanted to avoid as their wage bill is some 4x more than ours (and more than double anyone else in the league). 

I remember 2016/17 when we won the league and didn't have to sweat out playoffs...so know I'm worried what to expect this go around. 

As I stated before - This was impossible to watch due to other commitments. 

Sucks to have lost and not score, but we have to do better at Fratton Park or else...

Crazy shit happening at Pompey today, as a male on Twitter publicly said the he was going to the match tomorrow, and wanted to shoot it up. It was a clear and obvious threat, shared by a ton of friends and the team on Facebook, I can't find it now, but I'll look for it more. 

Pompey came out and made an official statement. 

Portsmouth Football Club are aware of a message that has been posted on social media and are working with police on this matter.

The club would like to reassure fans that there will be enhanced security checks in place for Thursday’s play-off match against Sunderland at Fratton Park (7.45pm kick-off).

Due to these checks, all supporters with tickets are advised to arrive in plenty of time to make sure they are inside the stadium for the start of the game.

Tickets for the match – which is being televised live on Sky Sports – have sold out.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/portsmouth-fc-statement/?fbclid=IwAR1xiXrEcUBsFBL1JkRrGf1IVra079AKtbKLT9FQ3LHZSWrDv0tvHfNBS2Y

Found and arrested the SOB

Hampshire Police have released the following statement:

A man was arrested overnight after threats were put out on social media about tonight’s Portsmouth v Sunderland game at Fratton Park.

The 22-year-old man, from Northallerton, was arrested in the early hours of this morning on suspicion of making threats to kill.

He currently remains in custody.

We continue to work with Portsmouth FC and can assure the public that a sufficient policing response will be in place for tonight’s match.

• Subscriber

Who was that fat inbred bellend kicking the Sunderland player who fell over the advertising hoardings, trying to call Cattermole over for a fight then trying to climb over onto the pitch himself? xD

Some people have some serious anger problems if you can't go to a football match without wanting to batter someone. It's a fucking game.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived