The better place to talk football.

Toys From Your Childhood

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

I don't see a petrol pump on the red one, obviously not as detailed as my sweet ride.

it's obviously on the drivers side. duh. 

• Administrator
Just now, ...Dan said:

No one's mentioned Pogs yet. I have no idea what the object of the game was anymore, I just know that I had a fuck load of the things and kept them in these green tubes.

great shout. 

also, not sure if this counts but it brings back some nostalgia - Panini and Merlin football sticker books :x 

1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

No one's mentioned Pogs yet. I have no idea what the object of the game was anymore, I just know that I had a fuck load of the things and kept them in these green tubes.

Were you supposed to throw down a ‘slammer’ (or ‘Keeni’ [sp?]) onto the pogs, and if you flipped any of them over, you got to keep those pogs?

My Primary school banned pogs, since it was seen as a form of gambling, especially after one kid complained that he lost all his pogs to another kid one lunch time xD  

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

great shout. 

also, not sure if this counts but it brings back some nostalgia - Panini and Merlin football sticker books :x 

What a craze that was. Still going on from what I have heard

On 22/04/2017 at 13:35, Cannabis said:

I never had one but a few of my mates did, I remember being round their house and nine times out of ten they'd be ''grinding'' down the staircase with a finger skateboard xD. My best friend from school had a trampoline too and I'd go round there more often than not just to have an excuse to go on that, for some reason it was really fun to just spend hours and hours bouncing up and down (no homo).

Probably the best toy from my childhood (if we're talking about when you were really little) was my toy car. I was mad on cars when I was a toddler and my Dad bought me a life-size one for me to hop into. It didn't come with the spacker-mong seeIn in the photo but I did spend a good number of hours with it. Other than that I can't really think of anything that I had, I was more into video games and playing football in the garden than toys really. 

childs-car.jpg

On 22/04/2017 at 13:48, Stan said:

you had the crappy version.

the best one is the yellow and red original legendary one...

Image result for red yellow toy car

I had an electric one like this

0005952_kids-baby-ride-on-car-mercedes-b

One day it stopped working and i tried to fix it with my cousin, i was like 5. Not only we did not fix it, we left it unusable as it was bound to happen. xD

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Pogs were class! The object of the game? To win as much pogs as possible, of course! At the start, you build a stack up of pogs face-down and then everyone takes their turn throwing the slammer on top of the stack, and you get to keep all the pieces that land face up!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

did anyone have a Tamagotchi? Got so engrossed in that and still let my pet die ffs xD 

Had one, i remember it was THE shit back then.

Did anyone have beyblades?, they were fun as hell and we used to play tournaments in my school.

• Administrator
Just now, NeymarPele said:

Had one, i remember it was THE shit back then.

Did anyone have beyblades?, they were fun as hell and we used to play tournaments in my school.

yes! one kid had the best 'arena' and he'd bring it sometimes to school and keep it in the teacher's locked cupboard so no-one else would nick it or break it xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

yes! one kid had the best 'arena' and he'd bring it sometimes to school and keep it in the teacher's locked cupboard so no-one else would nick it or break it xD 

Haha yeah, they were awesome. Also had a collection of Pokemon cards with a couple mates in school, and used to play with Yugioh's cards too.

One of the things i liked the most was a sword and shield set from Saint Seiya that my dad gifted me.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Stan said:

other toys/games include:

Frustration
Lego
K-Nex

I had Meccano, Merkur and Fischertechnik instead of K-Nex, and that was best toys I ever had! It actually used metal parts for the most part, and you could build actual working mechanical models! I wonder if they make construction toys like that today?

Also, Fleischmann train sets were amazing. I think I would play with it today if I had it still xD 

3246_l.jpg

• 4 years later...
  • Subscriber

Old post but any more childhood toys from the past? I remember getting a tin firetruck with a ladder and a fireman you would wind up, put him on the ladder and see him climb up, this was around 1955 ods, then chewing gum with cards either Flags of the World or English football teams.

thumbnail_20210525_140253.thumb.jpg.c717fd918297a0cfaddcb885de1f8d34.jpg

1498361190_download(2).png.1319fd4286fc08b8ba1d12cb5480bbef.png543060645_download(1).png.0bf2575aae7ea87f265a005cf7ad07bf.png

Went through a period of collecting these little fellas, Battle Beasts. 

They had a little heat pad of their chest that had a wind, water or a log logo. 

Obviously whatever logo they had was the army they were from. 

Screenshot_20210525_203235.jpg

Archived