• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Championship 2018/19 Play-offs

Recommended Posts

1st Legs

Saturday 11th May, 2019
Aston Villa vs West Brom, 12.30
Derby vs Leeds, 17.15

2nd Legs

Tuesday 14th May, 2019
West Brom vs Aston Villa, 20.00

Wednesday 15th May, 2019
Leeds vs Derby, 19.45

FINAL

Monday 27th May, 2019
Venue - Wembley, 15.00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought I would say this, but I'd want Derby from that lot.

I have no problem with Leeds and wouldn't mind them up, I just think it would be fucking hilarious if they properly bottled after all that's gone on. West Brom just scream generic, tepid filler in the same way Middlesbrough and Norwich do; and Villa not being in the PL pleases me greatly, most of the Villa fans I encounter down here seem a bit lost these days not being in the top flight. I know Derby will be the same dross a la West Brom, Cardiff etc. are but at least it's some variety of uninspiring mediocrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking Villa for me. Leeds have started to slump at just the wrong moment, WBA are hit and miss and Derby will most likely bottle it or pray for snow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully not West Brom. Any of those other three would be perfectly adequate additions to the top flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Absolutely gutted if we don’t do it from here tbh. I’m not going to be a cunt and be confident about it the final is an absolute lottery. 

But if we do succeed I’ll miss this league it’s been great fun and I actually believe better than the PL in terms of entertainment value. We just have to kick on as a club and that means PL football, anything otheris a disaster for the club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Absolutely gutted if we don’t do it from here tbh. I’m not going to be a cunt and be confident about it the final is an absolute lottery. 

But if we do succeed I’ll miss this league it’s been great fun and I actually believe better than the PL in terms of entertainment value. We just have to kick on as a club and that means PL football, anything otheris a disaster for the club

Grealish fit for potentially 3 games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tlr said:

Never thought I would say this, but I'd want Derby from that lot.

I have no problem with Leeds and wouldn't mind them up, I just think it would be fucking hilarious if they properly bottled after all that's gone on. West Brom just scream generic, tepid filler in the same way Middlesbrough and Norwich do; and Villa not being in the PL pleases me greatly, most of the Villa fans I encounter down here seem a bit lost these days not being in the top flight. I know Derby will be the same dross a la West Brom, Cardiff etc. are but at least it's some variety of uninspiring mediocrity.

Why would that be hilarious?

I've always wondered why our demise is such an amusement to others.

And we have bottled it already. Joke is on us already for bombing our chance. Enjoy the LOL's...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Why would that be hilarious?

I've always wondered why our demise is such an amusement to others.

And we have bottled it already. Joke is on us already for bombing our chance. Enjoy the LOL's...

 

As I said, nothing against Leeds, it could be any of the other teams in the Championship or any other league, and I would say the same; it just keeps me amused. My second team Chorley have made an even bigger hash of everything this season and couple that with Rovers over the past decade I certainly am in no position at all to take the piss. Its just part of being a football fan I think really, no different to every other cunt enjoying Liverpool's pain this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Leeds win this hands down. Derby are boring, Villa and Brom have been up really recently, and the EPL would be miles better if Leeds were to get back to where historically they belong. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Brom 1-0 at Villa Park already, Gayle pouncing on a Villa defence cock up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve been slow & ponderous in the final 3rd this half, need a decent talk from Smith at HT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It would be very typical play-offs for the winner to be the team who the least people want up.

I wouldn't mind West Brom up simply because it was probably my favourite away day in the league when they were here. Helps that we've won there every year since we've been up.

Derby would be juicy for us but I can't wish them or Forest promotion.

Three midlands teams though. I don't know if I want more Midlands teams or not. Our second most local game next season is Sheffield United, and our third is Watford xD but I do quite like being one of the best two teams in the region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Frustrating to watch as it’s like watching Villa under O’neill From West Brom, they’re going to come straight back down again if they go up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Brom looking very comfortable defensively. 

Villa seem to be hoping that Grealish/Adoma/McGinn show some inspiration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

West Brom looking very comfortable defensively. 

Villa seem to be hoping that Grealish/Adoma/McGinn show some inspiration. 

Kiss of death there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Brom are knackered. Absolutely shot at. A very good Away performance for about 60 minutes but they’re tired now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have seen the push on Holgate given as a penalty. Think it should have been one in real time, though upon reflection, Abraham is looking at the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful decision from the ref here, for me. Never a foul, never a red card. Gayle sent-off for attempting to get on the end of a cross. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see Villa not going through, or going up to be honest. I've backed them quite heavily.

For all of West Brom's resolute defending they let the biggest threat from distance in Villa's side have a clear go from 20 yards.

Losing Gayle as well has shot them to bits. I can't see them turning this around. To be honest I can see Villa winning the second leg too.

Shouldn't be ignored that West Brom should've had a penalty at 2-1 though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Shouldn't be ignored that West Brom should've had a penalty at 2-1 though.

Yes it should be ignored, the only reason they’re ahead of us in the league is because Rodriguez played volleyball earlier in the season to steal a result of us, karma in full effect that was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Referee was poor there, for me. Gayle’s second yellow was never a foul, let alone a yellow and West Brom should have had a penalty. 

Key decisions in a big game like that are pivotal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quality of officiating at this level has been consistently shit for 3 years now, I’m surprised your all surprised by it tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Quality of officiating at this level has been consistently shit for 3 years now, I’m surprised your all surprised by it tbh. 

I'm not in the slightest. I've endured years of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm not in the slightest. I've endured years of it.

It’s dogshit, it’s probably my only gripe with the division, that and the fact our nation media treat it like a red haired  step child despite it being arguably one of the top 6 Divisions in Europe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Quality of officiating at this level has been consistently shit for 3 years now, I’m surprised your all surprised by it tbh. 

Never surprised by it these days to be fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen Hourihane's goal. Good hit but good work by Grealish to draw defenders away make space for Hourihane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13375054-7017881-image-a-32_155757967741

This is brilliant, I must say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds ahead at Derby, nice goal from Roofe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement