Wednesday 15th May, 2019
Leeds vs Derby, 19.45

FINAL

Monday 27th May, 2019
Venue - Wembley, 15.00

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought I would say this, but I'd want Derby from that lot.

I have no problem with Leeds and wouldn't mind them up, I just think it would be fucking hilarious if they properly bottled after all that's gone on. West Brom just scream generic, tepid filler in the same way Middlesbrough and Norwich do; and Villa not being in the PL pleases me greatly, most of the Villa fans I encounter down here seem a bit lost these days not being in the top flight. I know Derby will be the same dross a la West Brom, Cardiff etc. are but at least it's some variety of uninspiring mediocrity.

Absolutely gutted if we don’t do it from here tbh. I’m not going to be a cunt and be confident about it the final is an absolute lottery. 

But if we do succeed I’ll miss this league it’s been great fun and I actually believe better than the PL in terms of entertainment value. We just have to kick on as a club and that means PL football, anything otheris a disaster for the club

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Absolutely gutted if we don’t do it from here tbh. I’m not going to be a cunt and be confident about it the final is an absolute lottery. 

But if we do succeed I’ll miss this league it’s been great fun and I actually believe better than the PL in terms of entertainment value. We just have to kick on as a club and that means PL football, anything otheris a disaster for the club

Grealish fit for potentially 3 games?

2 hours ago, tlr said:

Never thought I would say this, but I'd want Derby from that lot.

I have no problem with Leeds and wouldn't mind them up, I just think it would be fucking hilarious if they properly bottled after all that's gone on. West Brom just scream generic, tepid filler in the same way Middlesbrough and Norwich do; and Villa not being in the PL pleases me greatly, most of the Villa fans I encounter down here seem a bit lost these days not being in the top flight. I know Derby will be the same dross a la West Brom, Cardiff etc. are but at least it's some variety of uninspiring mediocrity.

Why would that be hilarious?

I've always wondered why our demise is such an amusement to others.

And we have bottled it already. Joke is on us already for bombing our chance. Enjoy the LOL's...

21 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Why would that be hilarious?

I've always wondered why our demise is such an amusement to others.

And we have bottled it already. Joke is on us already for bombing our chance. Enjoy the LOL's...

As I said, nothing against Leeds, it could be any of the other teams in the Championship or any other league, and I would say the same; it just keeps me amused. My second team Chorley have made an even bigger hash of everything this season and couple that with Rovers over the past decade I certainly am in no position at all to take the piss. Its just part of being a football fan I think really, no different to every other cunt enjoying Liverpool's pain this year.

I hope Leeds win this hands down. Derby are boring, Villa and Brom have been up really recently, and the EPL would be miles better if Leeds were to get back to where historically they belong. 

• Subscriber

It would be very typical play-offs for the winner to be the team who the least people want up.

I wouldn't mind West Brom up simply because it was probably my favourite away day in the league when they were here. Helps that we've won there every year since we've been up.

Derby would be juicy for us but I can't wish them or Forest promotion.

Three midlands teams though. I don't know if I want more Midlands teams or not. Our second most local game next season is Sheffield United, and our third is Watford xD but I do quite like being one of the best two teams in the region.

• Subscriber

I can't see Villa not going through, or going up to be honest. I've backed them quite heavily.

For all of West Brom's resolute defending they let the biggest threat from distance in Villa's side have a clear go from 20 yards.

Losing Gayle as well has shot them to bits. I can't see them turning this around. To be honest I can see Villa winning the second leg too.

Shouldn't be ignored that West Brom should've had a penalty at 2-1 though.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Shouldn't be ignored that West Brom should've had a penalty at 2-1 though.

Yes it should be ignored, the only reason they’re ahead of us in the league is because Rodriguez played volleyball earlier in the season to steal a result of us, karma in full effect that was

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Quality of officiating at this level has been consistently shit for 3 years now, I’m surprised your all surprised by it tbh. 

I'm not in the slightest. I've endured years of it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived