talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship 2018/19 Play-offs

• Administrator

That match literally had everything.

Goals. Yellow cards. Red cards. End-to-end action. Records being broken. Frantic goal-keeping. Ridiculously insane atmosphere in all 4 corners of the ground. Crazy celebrations at the end.

Seriously, this is why people love football. There can be some boring times in the season but it culminates in amazing entertainment for the neutral. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Eco said:

Football is emotional, and it's evident here as no matter who you were going for tonight, I think we can all feel gutted for @Lucas - who is one of the classiest guys on here. 

What are the odds Leeds lose the opening game next season and Bielsa walks?

(Oops didn't try to quote you)

I can't really speak about the game right now, that has hit me for six, not gonna lie. Just feel angry and pretty exhausted.

All I will say is this. We have broken two records this season. Firstly being one of the first team's to be top at Christmas and not going up automatically.

Secondly, no team has come back to get to the playoff final after losing the first leg at home. And Derby have done it at our expense.

That is Leeds. The WORST club to support in terms of bottling it. Nothing good seems to happen for us. Just misery after misery.

Mentally, this season has been draining and quite frankly, I need a break from Football so I'll be taking one now.

I am glad derby got through. I wanted them or west brom to up.  Hopefully they can best villa in the final. Amazing for lampard as well

56 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Bit of an over-celebration from Lampard and Derby in my eyes, yes a crazy game but they've acted like they've just won promotion there. I didn't see the Villa celebrations but wonder if they were of the same magnitude. 

To be fair, they did achieve something never done before.

Happy for Lampard, and it'll be cool to see Lamps and Terry on opposite sides. 

Really wanted Leeds to win, wanted Lucas to win. Have nothing against Derby, just would have much rather to have seen Leeds advance. 

• Subscriber

I backed Derby to qualify as soon as Leeds went 2-0 up on aggregate. Did just think if anyone can fuck this it's Leeds.

They must be utterly fed up.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Bit of an over-celebration from Lampard and Derby in my eyes, yes a crazy game but they've acted like they've just won promotion there. I didn't see the Villa celebrations but wonder if they were of the same magnitude. 

Villa were the same. 

I don't mind the celebrations. Especially in the respective circumstances. 

Villa just beat their rivals in their own back yard on a penalty shootout. 

Derby just made history after being 2-0 down and coming back to win the tie on aggregate. And given the magnitude of the game they've both qualified for I think it's fair to let them have their time celebrating going to Wembley. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Villa were the same. 

Derby just made history after being 2-0 down and coming back to win the tie on aggregate. And given the magnitude of the game they've both qualified for I think it's fair to let them have their time celebrating going to Wembley. 

12 games ago we were out of it, a stunning turnaround, I personally felt we were poor both legs v a well organised side in the Baggies, 90mind from getting to the PL though, we’re going to be a serious side if we do get up, I expect 100-150m spent

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

12 games ago we were out of it, a stunning turnaround, I personally felt we were poor both legs v a well organised side in the Baggies, 90mind from getting to the PL though, we’re going to be a serious side if we do get up, I expect 100-150m spent

Would you have preferred Leeds or Derby?

18 hours ago, Lucas said:

All I will say is this. We have broken two records this season. Firstly being one of the first team's to be top at Christmas and not going up automatically.

You get used to it, once you do it three times. :ph34r:

On a serious note, sorry about the defeat. My Leeds supporting dentist friend here has cancelled his appointments for the next week, and is going away on a hill-station vacation for a week.

As for the final, I am going to watch it for Wilson and might end up supporting Derby for him. 

Derby have sold out but not staggered the ticket release after putting them to ST holders. After the initial allocation it’s gond on general sale to all so those who’ve not been this year could get a day trip to Wembley, I’d be livid if I’d been 6-7 games and some twat who’s not been in 6 years gets in first 

On 15/05/2019 at 23:43, Stan said:

Villa were the same. 

Terry went full kit wanker, again, for Villa's victory xD

On 19/05/2019 at 19:39, Fairy In Boots said:

Derby have sold out but not staggered the ticket release after putting them to ST holders. After the initial allocation it’s gond on general sale to all so those who’ve not been this year could get a day trip to Wembley, I’d be livid if I’d been 6-7 games and some twat who’s not been in 6 years gets in first 

Moral of the story, make sure you get in there then. 

feel sick tbh, too nervous. There’s talk we’ll sell the stadium to a holding company owned by the owners to circumvent FFP if we don’t and that just sets off all kinds of alarm bells with me. 

My boy will be 3 later this year and I want to start talking him about 5 and I’m genuinely not sure whether to put him through it anymore tbh. It’s been a decade of shit, I’m 34 now I’ve seen us win 2 league cups, we’ve lost 5 of the last 6 at Wembley and before that we lost the last FA Cup final at the old Wembley.

I know others have had tougher times Bolton, Pompey, Leeds etc

As a fan of this club I hold our problems more closer to heart & I can’t get over the sheer wasted potential and car crash decisions we’ve had for 10 years. We need this today we really fucking do, I’ll cry if we don’t I’ll just be heartbroken by it. 

• Subscriber

Want Villa to go up simply as I can't wish Derby up, but Derby coming up wouldn't be without its upsides either. Think they'd be nailed on to drop again and it would be the first game I'd look out for on the fixture list too to be fair.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived