talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship 2018/19 Play-offs

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

How much did you have on it @Rick?! Even a quid and you're laughing! 

Haha it was only a quid, also took villa to win and both teams to score which got me another 16 so can't complain haha. 

In the end I'm glad that Villa won, if only for the Villa fans on here. Be nice to have a truly big club back in the tope league and all. 

Yeah it’s undeniably good to have Villa back where they belong. Hopefully they don’t go back down ever again - it was weird having them gone.

Oh and congrats, @Fairy In Boots - not been a bad time for you lately with your recent trip to Spain and promotion today. Bet you’re fucking happy lad, enjoy 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Took El Ghazi first goal and Villa to win 2-1 at about 20 mins in. 120/1, so I'll be hoping that comes in. 

Fucking hell xD

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Being more selfish, I'm glad Villa are up as that arguably gives us a slightly better chance of fighting for promotion next season. 

If you and Leeds come up next season that would be pretty great imo.

I like having a Welsh side in the league, and Cardiff are just about the only Welsh side I like. Well you and Wrexham and Wrexham aren’t coming up to the prem anytime soon xD

How do we think Villa will do on return to the prem?

• Administrator

Think I mentioned it in another thread but it really was a good end to the season for Villa. Went in with so much momentum. This was the table at the very beginning of March.

Great turnaround and don't think anyone can say they don't deserve promotion.

Absolutely buzzing and those are our worst 3 games in weeks tbh. 

A lot of money will be spent now and I expect us to try for Mings & Tammy on permanent deals. Hause and El Ghazi are already scheduled to be completed for £3m each I thinK.

If it wasn’t for the financial implications,  I’d be happy to stay in this league, it’s a genuinely brilliant league, so competitive and full of characters & players that could do well in the Premier league. The posters on here are great to, it’s a testament to the league that many who’ve moved up had returned to post here. 

Absolutely buzzing I was sick in the last ten minutes sweating like Fred West on Ground Force. UTV

Happy for Dean Smith, genuinely decent bloke who’s got to the Prem. This job could easily have been his downfall with dodgy owners sacking him too soon but he’s done it.

Glad Villa are up over Derby, if things go right for Villa they’re a club that could eventually challenge the top 6. Don’t think you’d ever get that with Derby.

Probably also means Smith won’t raid our squad in the summer 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived