Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Championship 2018/19 Play-offs

I can't really speak about the game right now, that has hit me for six, not gonna lie. Just feel angry and pretty exhausted.

All I will say is this. We have broken two records this season. Firstly being one of the first team's to be top at Christmas and not going up automatically.

Secondly, no team has come back to get to the playoff final after losing the first leg at home. And Derby have done it at our expense.

That is Leeds. The WORST club to support in terms of bottling it. Nothing good seems to happen for us. Just misery after misery.

Mentally, this season has been draining and quite frankly, I need a break from Football so I'll be taking one now.

• Sad 6

Bit of an over-celebration from Lampard and Derby in my eyes, yes a crazy game but they've acted like they've just won promotion there. I didn't see the Villa celebrations but wonder if they were of the same magnitude. 

Gutted for @Lucas and Leeds.

Don't really like Derby and used to like Villa a bit and think Villa Park is a great stadium... but I've had some encounters with some of their fans that make me dislike the club

• Upvote 1

I am glad derby got through. I wanted them or west brom to up.  Hopefully they can best villa in the final. Amazing for lampard as well

56 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Bit of an over-celebration from Lampard and Derby in my eyes, yes a crazy game but they've acted like they've just won promotion there. I didn't see the Villa celebrations but wonder if they were of the same magnitude. 

To be fair, they did achieve something never done before.

Happy for Lampard, and it'll be cool to see Lamps and Terry on opposite sides. 

Really wanted Leeds to win, wanted Lucas to win. Have nothing against Derby, just would have much rather to have seen Leeds advance. 

I backed Derby to qualify as soon as Leeds went 2-0 up on aggregate. Did just think if anyone can fuck this it's Leeds.

They must be utterly fed up.

If only Leeds knew what Derby were preparing in training they might have avoided that :ph34r:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Villa were the same. 

I don't mind the celebrations. Especially in the respective circumstances. 

Villa just beat their rivals in their own back yard on a penalty shootout. 

Derby just made history after being 2-0 down and coming back to win the tie on aggregate. And given the magnitude of the game they've both qualified for I think it's fair to let them have their time celebrating going to Wembley. 

• Upvote 2

You two are a right pair of Roy Keane's :ph34r: let the lads enjoy it while it lasts

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Villa were the same. 

Derby just made history after being 2-0 down and coming back to win the tie on aggregate. And given the magnitude of the game they've both qualified for I think it's fair to let them have their time celebrating going to Wembley. 

12 games ago we were out of it, a stunning turnaround, I personally felt we were poor both legs v a well organised side in the Baggies, 90mind from getting to the PL though, we’re going to be a serious side if we do get up, I expect 100-150m spent

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

12 games ago we were out of it, a stunning turnaround, I personally felt we were poor both legs v a well organised side in the Baggies, 90mind from getting to the PL though, we’re going to be a serious side if we do get up, I expect 100-150m spent

Would you have preferred Leeds or Derby?

Btw, was Roofe injured or suspended last night? Because Bamford is fucking shite. 

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Would you have preferred Leeds or Derby?

Derby we’ve stuffed them twice, probably get fucked by them now saying that. Leeds are the better side but it’s a final it’s 50/50 now 

18 hours ago, Lucas said:

All I will say is this. We have broken two records this season. Firstly being one of the first team's to be top at Christmas and not going up automatically.

You get used to it, once you do it three times. :ph34r:

On a serious note, sorry about the defeat. My Leeds supporting dentist friend here has cancelled his appointments for the next week, and is going away on a hill-station vacation for a week.

As for the final, I am going to watch it for Wilson and might end up supporting Derby for him. 

Derby have sold out but not staggered the ticket release after putting them to ST holders. After the initial allocation it’s gond on general sale to all so those who’ve not been this year could get a day trip to Wembley, I’d be livid if I’d been 6-7 games and some twat who’s not been in 6 years gets in first 

On 15/05/2019 at 23:43, Stan said:

Villa were the same. 

Terry went full kit wanker, again, for Villa's victory xD

On 19/05/2019 at 19:39, Fairy In Boots said:

Derby have sold out but not staggered the ticket release after putting them to ST holders. After the initial allocation it’s gond on general sale to all so those who’ve not been this year could get a day trip to Wembley, I’d be livid if I’d been 6-7 games and some twat who’s not been in 6 years gets in first 

Moral of the story, make sure you get in there then.