• Jurgen Klopp
    • Pep Guardiola
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Mauricio Pochettino

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Should probably be the manager of whoever ultimately ends up winning this title race. So probably Pep, unfortunately.

Bollocks. You've lost one game and went toe to toe against Pep's City with this investment. 

Squad investment.

Manchester City - £734.88 ---------- Liverpool - £513.36

We we are not even considering Net Spend. Which would be something ridiculous I'd imagine. 

• Administrator

Klopp, for me. For the reason @Cicero mentioned - only lost once all league. The way the team's been organised by him with that core of the squad and to get to their points tally compared to Man City who have quality all over is a feat in itself.

Just now, Cicero said:

Bollocks. You've lost one game and went toe to toe against Pep's City with this investment. 

Squad investment.

Manchester City - £734.88 ---------- Liverpool - £513.36

We we are not even considering Net Spend. Which would be something ridiculous I'd imagine. 

Wonder what the net spend actually is tbh. We've gotten a good amount of money in from Coutinho alone, but we've also gotten some decent money selling off fringe players as well.

Still to somehow come out ahead of a side that (at this point) has only lost 1 match all season is really fucking impressive. But yeah, they've got the resources of a Abu Dhabi royalty and while we've got a billionaire backed sporting conglomerate, it doesn't really seem like anyone other than PSG can financially compete with them. And that's another club backed by another oil nation.

• Subscriber

Klopp without a shadow of a doubt for me. Poch lost the steam that had him going for so long, Nuno had that calamitous breakdown in the final and even Pep slipped up somewhere along the way. Agree with @IgnisExcubitor I don't care for these individual awards anymore because you get no prizes for being second-best even if you have the best player in the league and even the best manager. 

Normally, I'd always go for the newly promoted club in these circumstances. But I fancied Wolves to hold their own.

And to be frank, bar the Top 6, the quality in this league leaves a lot to be desired. They had a realistic chance of making 7th so there wasn't really a surprise factor.

I thought Liverpool would push City close but not to the extent they have broke numerous records and gained as many points as they have. That was unexpected.

For that reason, it has to be Klopp.

• Subscriber

At the moment its Santo for me, we can all talk about Pep and Klopp for what they have achieved this year but Santo has bought Wolves up from the Championship and they are sitting in 7th place and possibly in the EUROPA next season, at the beginning of the season a lot of people which included me thought they would go straight back down again but I got egg in my face full stop.

Klopp has not won anything yet at Liverpool though that might change this year as they could possibly win the Champions League and the EPL, Pep's City could even lose the FA Cup and will only have the Carabao Cup to polish this year, so I would rather wait until the season is over with first before picking but barring what happens in the latter above its got to be Santo.

And before a devoted City fan will say Pep's City have also won the Charity Shield I will say I said CUP not SHIELD   xD 

• Subscriber

Any of them could realistically win it but it's got to be Klopp regardless of whether Liverpool take the title or not. It's obvious why Pep is on there and Espirito Santo has done well with Wolves in their first season back in the top flight but not too sure about Poch being a worthy winner this season despite being a very good manager.

I'd usually go for the manager that landed a newly promoted side a top 8 finish, but this is a year where the happenings at the top of the table have been pretty much unprecedented.

I'd be inclined to give it to Klopp as I think this year he's been a bit more influential than Pep in the success that's been gained. And if personally penalise pep a bit for the ucl. But if City win the title after this long long chase I think pep would be very deserving too as cities finish to the season, or entire second half really bar Newcastle has been near perfect.

People are drunk on Klopp love right now though so I'd fully expect Klopp to win the actual award. Assuming voting wasn't done months ago like the poty I'd almost bet my house on it.

25 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Guardiola for me. Klopp is unbelievable doing what he's doing but to retain the title with a points tally shows you how good he is.

I'd agree if Klopp hadn't just inspired a second CL Final in two seasons whilst Pep hasn't made it past the quarters. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd agree if Klopp hadn't just inspired a second CL Final in two seasons whilst Pep hasn't made it past the quarters. 

This is strictly Premier League though...

Voted for Nuno anyway, everyone assumed they would stay up but I don't think anyone thought they'd be this good.

54 minutes ago, 6666 said:

This is strictly Premier League though...

Voted for Nuno anyway, everyone assumed they would stay up but I don't think anyone thought they'd be this good.

Not sure about that mate. I think they were 7th favourite for the title. Obviously no one expected them to win the League but possibly that means a lot of people expected them to finish 7th

10 hours ago, True Blue said:

Santo for me, came up and finished 7th. If not then Klopp Liverpool really had a great season, even tough it could still end up without silverware. Why is Poch there?

8 hours ago, Harvsky said:

What is Pochettino doing on there xD

For punching above their capacity with third in the league and also fucked pep in europe without a condom and ended their quad dream with a squad worth 1/1000000000000th of City's... so his inclusion shouldnt be a surprise really

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Asura said:

For punching above their capacity with third in the league and also fucked pep in europe without a condom and ended their quad dream with a squad worth 1/1000000000000th of City's... so his inclusion shouldnt be a surprise really

Premier League Manager of the season though... 

Archived