• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brazil GP - Rio to Host From 2020

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Brazil GP - Rio to Host From 2020
  • Administrator

Usually like Sao Paulo's Interlagos and it's had it's say in quite a few title deciders/outcomes if I remember correctly (most notably Hamilton in 2008?)

Sounds like it's riddled with debt hosting it there though and perhaps it's better for the sport and Brazil itself to move it and start a new legacy somewhere else.

Wonder what will happen with the track at Interlagos from 2020 onwards though. Renovated or totally built over with something different? Will be a shame to lose it forever given all that's happened in the past there. 

I like that Brazil's presidents has realised the solution for this though as opposed to just losing the track from South America altogether. I can imagine there's a lot of pride (and economy-boosting) by it being the only South American F1 race track at the moment. 

• Subscriber

Another classic track gone from calendar again. It's a pity.

The render of the new track looks quite nice though... Not sure how they are going to properly build it in 6-7 months though.

D6HN2nXWAAApF4-.jpg

Apparently they'd have to destroy a large part of the rain forest for it? :/ Wouldn't surprise me considering their new government seems to shit on the environment as much as possible. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Apparently they'd have to destroy a large part of the rain forest for it? :/ Wouldn't surprise me considering their new government seems to shit on the environment as much as possible. 

Yes I think there's a dispute that it should be made as a environmental preservation area; the land is owned by the Army who operates a huge military base there and they apparently agreed to cede the land to be used for the construction of the race track. Previously when they built some of the venues for the Olympics there they had to clear the terrain off landmines...

If they wanted to have an F1 race in Rio they should've just kept Jacarepagua instead of demolishing it for no reason a few years ago really...

Archived