talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Champions League FINAL 2019  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The Champions League Final 2019?

• Administrator

uefa_champions_league_00.jpg

TOTTENHAM VS LIVERPOOL

e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg   VS      155.png

VENUE - Wanda Metropolitano, Madrid

estadio-wanda-metropolitano.jpg

Kick-off at 8pm (BST)

Routes to the final
Tottenham 

e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg
2nd in group stage
Borussia Dortmund - 4-0 on aggregate
Man City - 4-4 on away goals
Ajax - 3-3 on away goals

Liverpool
155.png

2nd in group stage
Bayern Munich - 3-1 on aggregate
Porto - 6-1 on aggregate
Barcelona - 4-3 on aggregate

• The title was changed to Tottenham vs Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the sneaky sus that Spurs are going to find a way to win it. They've knocked out 3 teams that outplayed them for the majority of time, they just don't seem to give a fuck and pull goals out of their arse. A good habit to have in cup football. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I get the sneaky sus that Spurs are going to find a way to win it. They've knocked out 3 teams that outplayed them for the majority of time, they just don't seem to give a fuck and pull goals out of their arse. A good habit to have in cup football. 

Agree it's a good habit and trait to have but they've had to do it in the 2nd leg for the last 2 ties. Made it harder for themselves so will wonder how they fare in a one-legged tie. 

I just really hope it's not a boring final. Given all the entertainment and drama both clubs have provided in the last 48 hours it'll be really fucking shit if it's a drab 0-0 that gets decided on penalties (I love penalty shoot-outs but for this instance it's kind of shit to win it this way after all each club has gone through - I don't usually like the saying 'cruel to lose on penalties' but for this game I can make an exception). 

Having said that, given both clubs like to attack and are bloody good at it, it wouldn't surprise me if there's last minute equaliser/winner just to keep all that drama going...

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

17,000 tickets for each club. Doesn't sound much?

There's restricted view seats selling for a few hundred quid, as well. 

For a 67k stadium, only 34k combined for each club's fans to get tickets is pretty poor form.

I get that there's corporate attendance and delegates etc etc but nearly half of the capacity just for them, compared to the other half being split between 2 sets of fans who may never get an opportunity like this again? Seems shit really. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's restricted view seats selling for a few hundred quid, as well. 

For a 67k stadium, only 34k combined for each club's fans to get tickets is pretty poor form.

I get that there's corporate attendance and delegates etc etc but nearly half of the capacity just for them, compared to the other half being split between 2 sets of fans who may never get an opportunity like this again? Seems shit really. 

How does a brand new stadium have restricted views? xD

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How does a brand new stadium have restricted views? xD

I thought that at first but perhaps there's parts of the stadium where there's cameras to be situated? 

I've got no idea to be honest - maybe @SirBalon knows?

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought that at first but perhaps there's parts of the stadium where there's cameras to be situated? 

Yeah maybe. I suppose when I think restricted view I immediately think of the back couple of rows of the Anny Road or something! So you're probably right.

25 minutes ago, Relling said:

I allways dislike finals with two teams from the same country. I also do not like a champions league final with two clubs who have not won their domestic league for a long time.

4 of the last 7 have been with teams from the same country. Ridiculous really.

• Subscriber

I dont think it will be a one-sided final given how much recuperation time both teams have but I do think that the football is going to be a lot exciting as what we've witnessed this week. Teams being out of regular football post the season end is a bit of an issue especially when you have momentum behind you. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing but it will definitely be a big factor on the night. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I haven’t yet been to the Metropolitano to be honest and I haven’t heard about restricted views from within the ground. It sounds strange due to the fact it’s an oval type stadium.

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I haven’t yet been to the Metropolitano to be honest and I haven’t heard about restricted views from within the ground. It sounds strange due to the fact it’s an oval type stadium.

Yeah and there's no pillars of any kind from pictures I've seen. 

The league table shows Liverpool are the much better side. Hopefully our experience of last years final stands us in good stead. Liverpool have also been playing must win games for months now and largely been winning those games while Spurs have been creaking over that period. Spurs on their day can win though definitely. Someone pointed out they were the better side at Anfield in the second half and that's correct. It's a final and anything can happen but it would be a huge disappointment not to win this now.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Archived