talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Champions League FINAL 2019  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The Champions League Final 2019?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Panna King said:

That was the premiership fault not Uefa, Spanish and German leagues ended last week.

They finished 2 weeks ago. Also you're assuming someone is to blame instead of something. It's more a likely a possible lesson to learn going forward.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

You will see when I run on the pitch on Thursday Netherlands v England 

Never seen what you look like but already prefer the blondie from yesterday... 

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Fucking hell. There was a woman in the gym yesterday filming herself in the mirror singing Let's Talk About Sex the whole way through (not that you'd be able to hear it on the video over the thumping music). Thought it was proper fucking weird, but turns out she was just from the future

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

The quality was poor. You have to wonder whether a 3 week gap is partly to blame.

I hope that's what it was.

If that's how tensely Liverpool play when we are the favourite to win rather than the plucky challenger then we are still a long way from being able to beat City to the title. We near enough went route 1 as the primary mode of attack..!

Still I think this win will be a monkey off the back as it would have been a very damaging game to lose in terms of confidence and reputation.

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

I hope that's what it was.

If that's how tensely Liverpool play when we are the favourite to win rather than the plucky challenger then we are still a long way from being able to beat City to the title. .

What, a long way being 1 point? 

I think Klopp has learnt that going gung-ho all the time might get you far, but not necessarily get you over the line. We wasnt great last night but we did what needed to be done and we won. 

I'll take that everyday and ya know what's coming next?.... The Premier League B|

Not sure if anyone already mentioned it, but how irritating was it when Jenas referred to every Spurs player by their first name :dam:

My favourite bit of all came when the linesman didn't flag so as to allow VAR to be used if something went on to happen. I forget who had a shot. Jenas said something along the lines of "can you imagine if that shot broke someone's nose all because the linesman didn't flag"

:4_joy:

45 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What, a long way being 1 point? 

I think Klopp has learnt that going gung-ho all the time might get you far, but not necessarily get you over the line. We wasnt great last night but we did what needed to be done and we won. 

I'll take that everyday and ya know what's coming next?.... The Premier League B|

I'm saying the difference being the hunted rather than the hunter.

1 point is nothing, but Doing it the whole time seeing ourselves as underdogs is a different mental challenge to being the ones expected to win it, as City were this year.

Congrats to Liverpool and their fans I’m sure they will all enjoy this one and as they should. They had an amazing season and to come up with zero trophies would been hard for them to take. 

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I think on the penalty front people just have to accept that this is the new football. You can post a screenshot of the initial contact being with Sissoko's chest but at the end of the day, he stuck his arm out and it made contact with the ball. I'm not saying that I agree that should be a penalty automatically but we've seen from the United penalty against PSG and I'm pretty sure the one Aguero missed vs Spurs was similar, that you're not getting away with that anymore.

In 2 years time, any defender inside his own box that stands with his hands anywhere other than up his own backside will get slated for being an amateur. As a sporting fanbase we will have accepted the new penalty rules just like we've accepted diving as part of the game, and just like we'll have accepted VAR by this time next year.

Liverpool would have won anyway. Spurs had nothing to offer in attack, might have nicked one if the game had gone on for another 90 minutes but you could play that final another 10 times over and Liverpool would win 8 or 9 of them.

In Spain from next season any handball be it voluntarily or not will be punished with a free-kick or penalty if in the box. I think this is the way it's going to go throughout football in general after the next campaign.

Anyone seen the BeIN punditry team for it? Best punditry duo in the history of football imo, Wenger and Mourinho.

Get them on fucking Sky, they’re quality. Jose Mourinho might be the best pundit I’ve ever seen tbh

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anyone seen the BeIN punditry team for it? Best punditry duo in the history of football imo, Wenger and Mourinho.

Get them on fucking Sky, they’re quality. Jose Mourinho might be the best pundit I’ve ever seen tbh

Yeah, hes much more likeable as a pundit than a manager. 

Massive respect to LFC, thoroughly deserved. You just have to admire what they have created, Edwards and Klopp have been the business. Goes to show if you're smart in the market you can do great things. Congrats to all the Pool fans on here, all top posters you must be buzzing. 

14 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Tell that to Irish fans regarding Thierry Henry xD

Ha ha well sometimes then. But you get what I mean

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It does show the difference between a pundit and manager doesn't it. One thing you can see is despite thr differences they have respect for eachother

Archived