talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Champions League FINAL 2019  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The Champions League Final 2019?

Bit late to the show and i'm sure there's a loads of posts congratulating Liverpool, but here's another.

Chuffed for you guys to win it. Not just for this season, which has been magnificent on so many levels, but for hanging on in there after losing a few finals. It does get in your head.

Especially given how many fans relish and take great joy in celebrating the tough defeats, it seems to be fun to jump on the bandwagon and take joy in others failure's. Make no bones about it, many would have wanted to see Liverpool fail again.

I can relate supporting Leeds, let's be honest there aren't many clubs that boil piss quite like what we do for various reasons, and Liverpool are another, so well done for sticking it back to them. I think you've won a few friends this season.

And great for Klopp to get the monkey off his back after losing 5 or 6 straight finals. He deserves something to look back on his 4 years.

And I'm also immensely proud to see James Milner complete the set. Come a long way from the young Yorkshire lad that graduated from our academy but you've achieved the lot and remain as humble as ever. The Jesse Lingard's of this generation could learn from you. An absolute credit to English Football despite not being an 'X Factor' kind of player.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jürgen Klopp has told of the very first phonecall he recieved once he activated his smarphone after the final whistle and it wasn't a family member... It was apparently Josep Guardiola (Manchester City head coach) who congratulated him and his team on a marvellous season and winning the Champions League. Klopp also joked that they both promised each other to pat one another's bottom during next season's Premier League campaign and that they'll both be going for it all!

Tell you what I do think @Dr. Gonzo @LFCMike @LFCMadLad this will definitely help Liverpool next year mentally. 

I'm not saying they bottled it or anything because they got 97 points and it is massive pressure trying to keep it up all season at that level. But maybe next year they beat Leicester at home and go on to win the league. Not in exactly that way but you get what I mean.

I think Leicester was where they lost lost it. Everton,man utd and man city away are hard games I can understand them getting the results they did in those games but they would fully expect to beat Leicester at home. Maybe they did get a bit nervous that game. It's all speculation it might have had nothing to do with that I mean teams drop points they shouldn't all the time but  it could be different next season.

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Has @Storts died btw? 

Nah he's got his own personal reasons for posting less. I've tried to apply peer pressure to bring him back the day before the final. So far, no dice... but I'll keep trying every so often.

He was out in Madrid for the final, so I hope he had a good time despite, ya know... despite the obvious disappointment you get from losing in a final. @Storts is a good lad and I want him back on here, so perhaps if we all apply peer pressure we can bring him back

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah he's got his own personal reasons for posting less. I've tried to apply peer pressure to bring him back the day before the final. So far, no dice... but I'll keep trying every so often.

He was out in Madrid for the final, so I hope he had a good time despite, ya know... despite the obvious disappointment you get from losing in a final. @Storts is a good lad and I want him back on here, so perhaps if we all apply peer pressure we can bring him back

I thought it was because teso got suspended

By the way, the penalty award was a perfect example of how well VAR can work when the rules are clearly defined. Ball strikes the arm, ref gives the pen, radios upstairs to see if the ball did indeed strike the arm extended beyond the silhouette of the body. Yep, sound, go ahead Mo. So quick that a lot of people didn't realise it had gone upstairs.

1 hour ago, José said:

He voiced his opinion about the double standards and got some kind of warning/post preview. 

He wasn't given a suspension, or a warning, or a ban, or put on post-preview or anything like that. He made a personal decision to post less after he voiced his opinion - it's not like he was forced away from the forum or anything.

I would like him back on here ASAP, but that's all his decision - I respect his decision; I'm just going to keep trying to pull him back to posting from time to time and hopefully sooner rather than later he'll make the decision to be a regular back on here again.

4 minutes ago, José said:

What a guy Sir Nicholas is. Kinda feel dirty for posting now, as following his leadership has always been a top priority of Teso. 

You should boycott the forum in protest until he begins posting again. It might help.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

You should boycott the forum in protest until he begins posting again. It might help.

Stop it, Brian.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Stop it, Brian.

I'm just joking man. Feel free to delete it if it feels out of place. Just a dig I had to get out xD

• Subscriber

Was away in Krakow this weekend and watched the final there. Unsurprisingly the bar I was in was quite pro Liverpool but it is what it is.

Think the penalty completely killed the game because Liverpool then had the license to just sit back and try and pick Spurs off for more goals on the break. Thought they looked dangerous on the break for a while after but the longer it went on the more the game just vanished into a bit of a non-event.

Took until about the 75th minute for anything noteworthy to happen, Spurs began to look more threatening but they had too many off days from their attacking players. Kane was ineffective as I expected he'd be, Son was probably the biggest danger but didn't produce much, Eriksen I'm really not sure what's happened to him, he's looked poor for a while now, and Alli... awful.

I think Pochettino was a bit damned either way with Kane. If he didn't win the game the decision to start him or not would become the forefront of the discussion no matter what so I'm not completely buying this rhetoric that he got this wrong - like I said, the game was skewed before anything even happened, both gameplans were ripped up immediately, and this naturally puts Kane in a trickier position because Liverpool can play a bit more defensively.

Think @Inverted does say a few things on Kane that I have a gut feeling about myself. You do get the feeling that he is treated like he is absolutely indispensable for both Tottenham and England to the point he will play every minute he possibly can to the point that he will never get a break. I'm a bit cynical of how quickly he seems to return from injuries and think he keeps getting rushed back because of a seeming desperation - he looked absolutely fucked in the World Cup by the end (and finished it pretty weakly in my eyes too) yet he played just about every minute. I think he just needs some fucking rest to be honest, let him recover, but that's got to wait as you've now got the Nations League. It comes as no surprise to me that he had his worst goalscoring season since his emergence this year. I think he's just a bit knackered.

As for Liverpool I thought while they weren't at their best, they were worthy winners. It would've been a travesty if this Liverpool side had ended the season trophyless. They went into this season with some excellent parts to them but still some glaring weaknesses too which were addressed in the summer, something that has lead to a domestic campaign where they were incredibly unlucky to not win it and a European trophy at the end to boot. Fantastic side who I think have become established in the top tier of teams in Europe after years of under-achievement. Congratulations to them and they deserve it.

Archived