talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Champions League FINAL 2019  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The Champions League Final 2019?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The situation with the fan parks for both clubs is a concern in terms of any potential trouble. The idea of closing the fan parks three hours before kick off and leaving the thousands upon thousands without tickets to find bars to watch it (and probably mixing in those bars) just seems ridiculous to me. Leaving the seperate fan parks open to show the match is surely easier to police and limits the potential of any trouble.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

The situation with the fan parks for both clubs is a concern in terms of any potential trouble. The idea of closing the fan parks three hours before kick off and leaving the thousands upon thousands without tickets to find bars to watch it (and probably mixing in those bars) just seems ridiculous to me. Leaving the seperate fan parks open to show the match is surely easier to police and limits the potential of any trouble.

The fan parks probably can only manage certain capacity amounts and will only let certain amount of people in surely? Which in itself makes that easier to manager for police? Can get what you're saying about potential mixing in random bars though and potential there for things to get out of hand.

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

The fan parks probably can only manage certain capacity amounts and will only let certain amount of people in surely? Which in itself makes that easier to manager for police? Can get what you're saying about potential mixing in random bars though and potential there for things to get out of hand.

Meant to hold 50,000 from what I read

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The nerves are beginning to kick in now.

I'm nervous. If those cunts win it in the same week we get smashed in a final we will never hear the end of it. There will be a song about it.

14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm nervous. If those cunts win it in the same week we get smashed in a final we will never hear the end of it. There will be a song about it.

Yeah, I understand that. Whenever Liverpool lose something they could have won, 60% of the country (or more) has an orgasm about it and are fucking insufferable about it.

I hope we both avoid dealing with gobshites like that when it's all over.

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The nerves are beginning to kick in now.

I've remained calm most the week, had a busy time at work to take my mind off it but now it's the eve of the game, I'm shitting myself. 

On 26/05/2019 at 23:48, YNWA said:

The Spice girls.

Well you can blow that pile of squeeling cats off surely??? I do love my girls like that, if they are going to ask dad to go anywhere with them they automatically know what's within the bounds of my tolerance before putting an offer on the table... Tell her that just because there are now only 4 of them that it doesn't lessen the pain any... 

A curious statement from Mauricio Pochettino in a press conference this morning in Madrid.

"I've already lived football to the fullest as a coach and expect to live it even more intensely in what remains of my career. Even winning the Champions League wouldn't be as great a feeling as saving my Espanyol. Football is about sentiments and once they're in your blood you can't cancel them out. I have asked myself many times why these feelings are there and I suppose this is what makes football so different and wonderful. I remember Luis Aragonés once telling me that winning the European Championship with Spain would never beat sitting on the coach's bench at the Vicente Calderón watching his boys play in red and white." 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Hopefully stays this way. There's traditionally no real animosity between Spurs and Liverpool, just depends whether the guaranteed few nobheads that are around will spoil it when they're bevied.

Yeah, there's no real rivalry at all. The closest thing to animosity is from those social media supporters, the ones who are fans "for the bantz" and the majority of those dickheads are idiots who are clueless about football. I imagine actual match going fans who're actually in Madrid we'll see that sort of party atmosphere like that video. Two sets of fans that for the most part are just extraordinarily happy to be in the final of football's best cup competition.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, there's no real rivalry at all. The closest thing to animosity is from those social media supporters, the ones who are fans "for the bantz" and the majority of those dickheads are idiots who are clueless about football. I imagine actual match going fans who're actually in Madrid we'll see that sort of party atmosphere like that video. Two sets of fans that for the most part are just extraordinarily happy to be in the final of football's best cup competition.

I think it helps that both teams have already had their cup final moment in a way. Those were the exact words of a Spurs fan at work about the Ajax game, and I don't think anything will beat the Barcelona game on our end for a very long time. Combine that with the fact we're two or three weeks after the end of the season and this has a bit of a party feel to it.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Archived