talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Champions League FINAL 2019  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The Champions League Final 2019?

Would be a great story if Tottenham wins it.

They'll finally have the one thing Arsenal don't have.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we would have battered Ajax, not so certain about Spurs though who on their day are excellent. They also know (more than Ajax) exactly how we will go about things. 

Then there is Harry Kane (if hes back), the media darling. It would be no surprise at all if he bagged the winner. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think we would have battered Ajax, not so certain about Spurs though who on their day are excellent.

So are Ajax xD

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

While definitely the better side over the year, wouldn't it just be football to deliver it to Spurs? Who knows, I'd make Liverpool favourites but not by that much.

With football who knows what may happen...i can’t say what will happen for sure on Sunday never mind the CL final.

If it were a two legged affair I’d have Liverpool as firm favourites without a doubt. Liverpool have the better side and play a much more explosive type of football that is perfect for one off occasions when it matters. But in a final anything can happen and that’s cup football for you.

I have a feeling Spurs are going to do it. It’s the same feeling I had for the second leg Liverpool won against Barcelona. It just looks like that’s what’s going to happen. I hope I’m very very wrong!

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Harry said:

Can this just be the match hype and build up thread with the main Matchday thread created closer to the date?

Why? 

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why? 

Just easier to look back... It's bound to become a messy 10 pages long before the day so will be cool to have that fresh crisp thread there for lineups and kickoff.

Liverpool will win this.

When clubs from the same country have played each other in the CL final, the most prestigious club of the two have always come on top (Real vs Valencia in 2000; AC Milan vs Juventus in 2003; Man Utd vs Chelsea in 2008; Bayern vs Dortmund in 2013; and Real vs Atlético Madrid, in 2014 and 2016), and I expect no differently here.

Tottenham have done well, but they are the Monaco of this decade's CL.

12 minutes ago, ASF said:

Liverpool will win this.

When clubs from the same country have played each other in the CL final, the most prestigious club of the two have always come on top (Real vs Valencia in 2000; AC Milan vs Juventus in 2003; Man Utd vs Chelsea in 2008; Bayern vs Dortmund in 2013; and Real vs Atlético Madrid, in 2014 and 2016), and I expect no differently here.

Tottenham have done well, but they are the Monaco of this decade's CL.

Idk mate, we're pretty good at breaking my heart.

• Subscriber

1772600245_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.a16b8c17b5f6f54be33395feb851dcde.png

Champions League final: Damir Skomina to referee Spurs v Liverpool

Slovenia's Damir Skomina will referee the all-English Champions League final between Tottenham and Liverpool.

The 42-year-old awarded Manchester United a controversial late penalty in their last-16 victory over Paris St-Germain in March.

PSG forward Neymar was later given a three-match ban after he called the decision "a disgrace" on social media.

The Champions League final takes place at Estadio Metropolitano in Madrid on Saturday, 1 June at 20:00 BST.

Skomina was in charge when United beat Ajax in the 2017 Europa League final as well as the Uefa Super Cup match between Chelsea and Atletico Madrid five years earlier.

He was the fourth official at the 2013 Champions League final between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich and has been the referee in four of the competition's matches this season, including Liverpool's 1-0 win over Napoli which secured a place in the knockout stage.

He will be assisted in the final by his compatriots Jure Praprotnik and Robert Vukan. The fourth official will be Antonio Mateu Lahoz from Spain.

The video assistant referee role has been assigned to Danny Makkelie from the Netherlands, who will be supported by countryman Pol van Boekel, plus German officials Felix Zwayer, and Mark Borsch.

Italian referee Gianluca Rocchi will take charge of Europa League final between Chelsea and Arsenal in Baku on 29 May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48271220

Sounds like we expect Firmino to be fit. He won't have started a game in over a month though come 1st June. From what I was reading Liverpool might arrange a behind closed doors friendly in the run up to the final

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Sounds like we expect Firmino to be fit. He won't have started a game in over a month though come 1st June. From what I was reading Liverpool might arrange a behind closed doors friendly in the run up to the final

Don't be like Chelsea.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Eh?

They played a friendly against New England Revolution in USA, full-strength squad and Loftus-Cheek ended up getting injured.

Just think it's pretty stupid to fly all that way just to play a friendly when you've got a big game coming up and risk losing key players...

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

They played a friendly against New England Revolution in USA, full-strength squad and Loftus-Cheek ended up getting injured.

Just think it's pretty stupid to fly all that way just to play a friendly when you've got a big game coming up and risk losing key players...

Ah right. Yeah I wouldn't agree with that because that doesn't have the manager or players needs as a priority. I wouldn't be against a behind closed doors friendly for those who might need the minutes though. Three weeks is a long time to wait to play the final

• Subscriber

278798604_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.3510d4e723c2dd84104d33b10f1585b3.png

Champions League final: Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino avoids touchline ban

Mauricio Pochettino has avoided a touchline ban for Tottenham's Champions League final against Liverpool.

The Spurs manager has been given a one-match ban linked to the delayed start of the semi-final first leg with Ajax, but his suspension has been deferred for a probation period of one year.

Spurs have also been fined 10,000 euros (£8,758) for the incident.

The club has also been fined 5,000 euros for a pitch invasion in their quarter-final with Manchester City.

Managers of both clubs are held responsible if a Champions League game does not start on time, regardless of the circumstances, and it is the second time it has happened to Tottenham this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48312036

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Saturday 1st June, 2019 - FINAL

Archived