talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jurgen Klopp Signs Contract Extension Until 2024

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I think we have another UCL trophy with him honestly. I know we shouldn't count our chickens till they've hatched but he wasn't far off when he said in his opening day statement that we'd win some trophies and what a trophy to bring to the club. 

Great news along with Milner extending his contract. 

I know a lot of people speak about Gerrard managing the club someday, but I get a feeling that Lijnders is being groomed to take the seat once Klopp steps away (which I hope doesn't happen anytime soon). It would be the right kind of continuity. 

17 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Great news along with Milner extending his contract. 

I know a lot of people speak about Gerrard managing the club someday, but I get a feeling that Lijnders is being groomed to take the seat once Klopp steps away (which I hope doesn't happen anytime soon). It would be the right kind of continuity. 

There's a massive assumption going round that Gerrard will be the next manager and I just think it's really weird. Extremely premature at best, and a bit sad at worst.

Surely we're better than lining up a manager with about 18 months experience just because he's a legend as a player? If he turns out to be a great manager, I'd obviously absolutely love to have him, but I'm not interested at all until he proves himself.

It is a funny coincidence that he and Klopp have both extended their contracts on the same day, to the same day.

8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

There's a massive assumption going round that Gerrard will be the next manager and I just think it's really weird. Extremely premature at best, and a bit sad at worst.

Surely we're better than lining up a manager with about 18 months experience just because he's a legend as a player? If he turns out to be a great manager, I'd obviously absolutely love to have him, but I'm not interested at all until he proves himself.

It's more to do with media, building the narrative. They have been at it for a while now. Gerrard has also stated how he wants to manage the club someday. Though I agree that sentiments aside, it's a massive risk to give him the job, even if he does a good job at Rangers. 

I am also interested in seeing how Alonso develops. There is a talk of him joing Pep at City, if Arteta leaves for a managerial job. Would be great for his development if he works under Pep. 

• 8 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.ae4e93e2752bf7e581862d83dcc65b98.png

Barcelona presidential hopeful Jordi Farre says his camp has already begun talks over the possibility of Liverpool chief Jurgen Klopp taking the managerial reins at Camp Nou in future.

Barca's next presidential elections were initially due to be held next summer, only to be brought forward to March 2021 by incumbent Josep Maria Bartomeu after an emergency board meeting that followed the club's humiliating 8-2 Champions League quarter-final defeat by Bayern Munich.

Such an emphatic European loss - that followed hot on the heels of the Blaugrana losing their LaLiga crown to bitter rivals Real Madrid as they ended a season trophy-less for the first time since 2008 - also resulted in technical director Eric Abidal being replaced by assistant Ramon Planes, while head coach Quique Setien was sacked after only seven months in charge and succeeded by club legend Ronald Koeman. (Evening Standard)Arrow.png.0b668587b359c28c14572a52973a75b7.png (Sport - in Spanish) Arrow.png.0b668587b359c28c14572a52973a75b7.png

Archived