talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal - Wednesday 29th May, 2019 - FINAL

6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal fans find it extremely hard to admit that Tottenham are a  far better run club than Arsenal at the moment.  They are not overachieving they have scouted extremely well and bought players in at very reasonable prices over the past few years plus they have tied down most of their players to long deals.  They have a good manager who coaches the players well, better scouting network. Tottenham are everything Arsenal wanted to be, by the way they are run and how they do their business without breaking the bank or even paying stupid wages.  Arsenal just use the excuse of Kroenke not putting money in the club again that is a lie as we do spend a lot of money on transfers plus on wages. You can be successful without spending fortunes with the like of Tottenham and even a club like Ajax, if you have the right set up and formula.   

The thing with Arsenal is that they been run and coached by a Dinosaur and the club has been miss managed by Gazidis over the years which has now crippled us, it has taken now to realise the mess they have left us in when people saw this years ago coming but some just didn't want to admit it.

Spurs are over achieving in terms of what they have spent. You can be better than other clubs who spend more for shore. But it is harder. You said we spend a lot on transfers but we are still the fifth highest spenders and we just finished fifth. So year we spend a lot but others spend more

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Spurs are over achieving in terms of what they have spent. You can be better than other clubs who spend more for shore. But it is harder. You said we spend a lot on transfers but we are still the fifth highest spenders and we just finished fifth. So year we spend a lot but others spend more

Spending money doesn't make you a success, its a poor excuse, it does help in ways but it is not always the answer and its not like Arsenal's budget is peanuts.  Arsenals set up is wrong, the scouting network has been awful for years, the coaching has been dire, the training has been shocking.  They have bought the wrong players in the club due to desperation, Arsenal need young and hungry players with high energy, we have nothing like that apart from Willock when he came on and was fearless.   We do not even have 1 wide attacking player at the club as well apart from in the youth.  Arsenal was always famous with its wide players now the best we have is Kolansic attacking on the left as a wing back.    Emery is also not the answer as well,  we need a manager to do a whole building job and bring through youth and give them a chance, they will play with more heart than what we have seen this season. 

21 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal fans find it extremely hard to admit that Tottenham are a  far better run club than Arsenal at the moment.  They are not overachieving they have scouted extremely well and bought players in at very reasonable prices over the past few years plus they have tied down most of their players to long deals.  They have a good manager who coaches the players well, better scouting network. Tottenham are everything Arsenal wanted to be, by the way they are run and how they do their business without breaking the bank or even paying stupid wages.  Arsenal just use the excuse of Kroenke not putting money in the club,  again that is a lie as we do spend a lot of money on transfers plus on wages. You can be successful without spending fortunes with the like of Tottenham and even a club like Ajax, if you have the right set up and formula.   

The thing with Arsenal is that they have been run and coached by a Dinosaur and the club has been miss managed by Gazidis over the years which has now crippled us, it has taken now to realise the mess they have left us in when people saw this years ago coming but some just didn't want to admit it.

Spurs moved to the modern system of having a technical director for sport and a technical team surrounding him for years now and these are the fruits of this. Arsenal had Arsène Wenger while the fans more accustomed to understanding modern football and its evolution were crying out for this from years back (very pre-2016 which is where @Chaaay AFC is wrong in my opinion). Baldini at Spurs was anlysing the squad's string point from years back and acting upon it, executing actions.

Tottenham Hotspur's growth has been organic which is what in theory Arsenal have been trying to accomplish from much earlier than them only that they chose to do it the way it was being done in Europe since 20+ years earlier. Here in England we were still with the ancient manager model.

That's the difference between what has happened to Arsenal and Spurs and the results we are now observing.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Spurs moved to the modern system of having a technical director for sport and a technical team surrounding him for years now and these are the fruits of this. Arsenal had Arsène Wenger while the fans more accustomed to understanding modern football and its evolution were crying out for this from years back (very pre-2016 which is where @Chaaay AFC is wrong in my opinion). Baldini at Spurs was anlysing the squad's string point from years back and acting upon it, executing actions.

Tottenham Hotspur's growth has been organic which is what in theory Arsenal have been trying to accomplish from much earlier than them only that they chose to do it the way it was being done in Europe since 20+ years earlier. Here in England we were still with the ancient manager model.

That's the difference between what has happened to Arsenal and Spurs and the results we are now observing.

We are now stuck with over paid players in their 30's with no real hunger, no assets to sell for large sums of money in the squad to raise cash.  All this is down to miss management by the club, this is why now you see these really old companies like high street stores closing as they fail to adapt to the times, that is Arsenal. in a nutshell and it really will take years of rebuilding.  Man utd are also going through the same cycle, throwing money at it is not the answer, it is about putting a structure in place and build from there.    

33 minutes ago, Panna King said:

We are now stuck with over paid players in their 30's with no real hunger, no assets to sell for large sums of money in the squad to raise cash.  All this is down to miss management by the club, this is why now you see these really old companies like high street stores closing as they fail to adapt to the times, that is Arsenal. in a nutshell and it really will take years of rebuilding.  Man utd are also going through the same cycle, throwing money at it is not the answer, it is about putting a structure in place and build from there.    

Agree, bring in those young players because what will now be three years without Champions League football will be lost by not implementing a structure which should've been based firmly on youth. Some young players have been getting a chance but we have overpaid mediocrity living off a status they had in 2010 in one case and others that were a total experiment being paid premium football wages. We require a coach used to working with young players and may aswel spend the years out of Europe's premium competition bulding something and not throwing money away.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Agree, bring in those young players because what will now be three years without Champions League football will be lost by not implementing a structure which should've been based firmly on youth. Some young players have been getting a chance but we have overpaid mediocrity living off a status they had in 2010 in one case and others that were a total experiment being paid premium football wages. We require a coach used to working with young players and may aswel spend the years out of Europe's premiu competition bulding something and not throwing money away.

Its only the way to go and the fans will be more supportive if we are brining players through the club. 

20190529-636947654679736470_201905292227

Don't know if this gesture from Pedro was commented on, but the three finger salute he made was marking a historic achievment no footballer has ever done. With today's goal he is the only ever player to score in Europe's present three club competions (finals).

1. Champions League Final (2011)
  2. Europa League Final (2019)
  3. UEFA European Super Cup (2009 & 2015)

• Subscriber

Arsenal are a bad summer away from dropping to midtable in my eyes. I'm not convinced they've made any real progress at all since Wenger left.

Defence is still a shambles.

Have by and large continued the poor recruitment, plenty of ageing players mixed into that too.

Losing their best player this season on a free because they've now got this situation where one player is being paid grotesquely more than he's worth.

Ozil is shot to shit now. I've always appreciated what he's about but even I'm thinking just get shot of him now. He looks absolutely shot to pieces at the top level.

How are your fans standing for this? Most expensive season tickets in the world, in the richest league in the world, in one of the biggest cities in the world with an enormous fanbase and your budget is going to be less than the likes of Leicester and Wolves.

The club's a cheat. I'm serious I think unless you pull a couple of gems out this summer you will end up about 8th or 9th and that is ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Arsenal are a bad summer away from dropping to midtable in my eyes. I'm not convinced they've made any real progress at all since Wenger left.

Defence is still a shambles.

Have by and large continued the poor recruitment, plenty of ageing players mixed into that too.

Losing their best player this season on a free because they've now got this situation where one player is being paid grotesquely more than he's worth.

Ozil is shot to shit now. I've always appreciated what he's about but even I'm thinking just get shot of him now. He looks absolutely shot to pieces at the top level.

How are your fans standing for this? Most expensive season tickets in the world, in the richest league in the world, in one of the biggest cities in the world with an enormous fanbase and your budget is going to be less than the likes of Leicester and Wolves.

The club's a cheat. I'm serious I think unless you pull a couple of gems out this summer you will end up about 8th or 9th and that is ridiculous.

It’s because their fans stand for it they’re in that situation. It became fashionable to support Arsenal during the Henry & Wenger era, now though they’re no longer a top 4 side. Spurs have replaced them 

• Subscriber

When you look at last night's game its not like Arsenal didn't have chances to go up but they didn't take them and thats okay. What isn't okay however is not having someone on the pitch who can command and rally people when times get tough. I can't pick out a natural leader from anyone that played last night and when you dont have someone like that its very hard to come back from going one down forget three. Why people persist with Ozil when they clearly know hes going to be limited because of what the opponents know is beyond me as well. 

Emery, imo, has to take some of the blame as well because he didn't adapt quickly enough to realize what might have had his team in a better position to go against Chelsea. Until the second half and the goal from Giroud it was even-stevens and quite a dull affair but post that goal its like one team got deflated and couldn't be bothered anymore till subs came and on and tried to change things. That, to me, is a managerial mistake coupled with what i said earlier.

Having said all that this is probably the start of some kind of cleansing at Arsenal because I doubt anyone there is happy with what they saw last night.

Opening 25 mins was poor and slow in my opinion, with Arsenal trying to create and attack. Towards the end we got two good chances through Emerson and Giroud. Something new happened last night we started off strongly in the second. A brilliant half tight defense and a lot of chances created. Scored four, could have had a few more. Arsenal had a few good chances but after 4-1 when it was pretty much done. Sarri under all the shit did very well, also a good tactic in the final all the players did well. Haven't been this happy since Munich, first London European final and we smashed it. 

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Don't know if this gesture from Pedro was commented on, but the three finger salute he made was marking a historic achievment no footballer has ever done. With today's goal he is the only ever player to score in Europe's present three club competions (finals).

Isn't that 6?

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Silly q here but how did he get to the Super cup in 2009 if he was in the CL in 2011? Wouldn't that have been in the same year? Therefore making it Super Cup 2011 and then consequently 2019 now as well? 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Silly q here but how did he get to the Super cup in 2009 if he was in the CL in 2011? Wouldn't that have been in the same year? Therefore making it Super Cup 2011 and then consequently 2019 now as well? 

Barcelona won the CL in May 2009 as well. 

18 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Barca won the CL in ‘09, they beat United, IIRC. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Barcelona won the CL in May 2009 as well. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Barca won the CL in ‘09, they beat United, IIRC. 

Suppose that kind of makes it six then which is what he was showing. Figured he'd won the CL more than once.

46 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Just listened a podcast from a late night Spanish radio football show this morning where he explained the gesture properly. It's 3 and 6... Three fingers for scoring in all three European competition finals and six for scoring in six finals. He is apparently also the only player to score in all three European finals plus the FIFA World Club Cup Final. A journalist also added something he didn't know himself when the journalist stated that he was the only footballer ever to score in six competitions in one year (La Liga, Champions League Final, UEFA European Super Cup Final, Super Copa de España Final, Copa del Rey Final and FIFA World Club Cup Final). All that without his international feats with Spain and just concentrating on club football. Not bad for the little man, players that sometimes go quite unnoticed but add so much.

Pedro would've been great for Arsenal and I can't be bothered to search, but the summer Chelsea signed Pedro, I'd like to know who we (Arsenal) signed for ourselves just to make a quick judgment call on how we work. We all know that when Chelsea signed Kanté we signed Xhaka.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Pedro would've been great for Arsenal and I can't be bothered to search, but the summer Chelsea signed Pedro, I'd like to know who we (Arsenal) signed for ourselves just to make a quick judgment call on how we work. We all know that when Chelsea signed Kanté we signed Xhaka.

Could've had Vardy and Kante for £40m that summer, instead we end up with Xhaka and Perez for £55m. Just goes to show really. I'm pretty sure the summer they signed Pedro was actually the same one where we only brought Cech and Leicester won the title... 

7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Could've had Vardy and Kante for £40m that summer, instead we end up with Xhaka and Perez for £55m. Just goes to show really. I'm pretty sure the summer they signed Pedro was actually the same one where we only brought Cech and Leicester won the title... 

Where to now from here mate?

I reckon we should go down the route @Panna King mentioned last night and as fans be willing to suffer for 4 to 5 years mate. We need to clean out all the dross and the only way is not to renew anyone anymore while promoting our own youth. I know it hurts the Arsenal trademark, but if we want change, we need something radical because it's proven we aren't in a position to pay for and attract the premium players that could provide what us fans really want.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal - Wednesday 29th May, 2019 - FINAL

Archived