talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal - Wednesday 29th May, 2019 - FINAL

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Could've had Vardy and Kante for £40m that summer, instead we end up with Xhaka and Perez for £55m. Just goes to show really. I'm pretty sure the summer they signed Pedro was actually the same one where we only brought Cech and Leicester won the title... 

I don't think Vardy would have left to be honest. Pretty sure a lot of it was all just paper talk and speculation. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Pedro would've been great for Arsenal and I can't be bothered to search, but the summer Chelsea signed Pedro, I'd like to know who we (Arsenal) signed for ourselves just to make a quick judgment call on how we work. We all know that when Chelsea signed Kanté we signed Xhaka.

He's class although he's had a poor season. Under Conte though he was one of our best players and has always been a little underrated throughout his career. He's had a poor season but he's had a couple of fantastic performances this season in big games, last night being one and against Spurs at home in the league, he was probably the best player on the pitch. I'm sure there's been a couple of other big performances this season but those are the ones that come to mind.

Anyway, I've always maintained that Pedro has one of the best mentalities that I've seen from any player.

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Where to now from here mate?

I reckon we should go down the route @Panna King mentioned last night and as fans be willing to suffer for 4 to 5 years mate. We need to clean out all the dross and the only way is not to renew anyone anymore while promoting our own youth. I know it hurts the Arsenal trademark, but if we want change, we need something radical because it's proven we aren't in a position to pay for and attract the premium players that could provide what us fans really want.

100% no one should be safe this summer, I can truly say not one player in indespensible to this club which is shocking to say. Honestly if we get decent offers for any of our players we should be looking to take it. It's all about smarts now we have to be brave as well. We know we are not going anywhere with this team so just blow it all up. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think Vardy would have left to be honest. Pretty sure a lot of it was all just paper talk and speculation. 

Maybe so but we was very interested and he was available for an incredible price. 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Heartwarming. 

I thought that too.

You could almost sense the 'this is great, I've finally won a medal, this moment is incredible' feeling as he looks at it. 

38 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Absolutely spot on this!

@SirBalon @Panna King Can you ever remember an Arsenal team as unathletic and so physically inferior in your lifetime? No pace, precense or power in this team, an issue which seriously needs looking in to this summer. 

What made people think Arsenal would go and steam roll over Chelsea away from The Emirates when they couldn't even beat Palace and Brighton at home to confirm a top 3 finish. Players like Auba and Lacca get away with murder! they were shocking yesterday, no closing down, no energy upfront, we only had 2 shots on target last night and they were from 2 subs.  Emery also has to also take a lot of the blame how he still doesn't know his best team and formation over the whole season, I really not sure half the time he knows what he is doing by all the changes he makes during each game and he has improved no one at all.   

Anyway going on to next season, Arsenal will find it hard attracting anyone of any quality due to not having Champions League plus the limit they can spend due to FFP when there is no one in the squad to sell to raise money to bring in quality.  How are Arsenal going to cope with the number of players leaving due to coming to the end their contract when we already have a smallish squad as it is.  We have got rid of all our wide players, only 2 recognised strikers in the squad with any quality, 1 decent defender with potential and a very average midfield, its sad to say that is the end of Arsenal being a force now for a long time.  Arsenal need to bring a coach who can work with youth as this club needs a complete clear out from all these average experienced players they have no hunger what so ever.  Even if that means finishing lower in the table for a few years than its going to be no different continuing how Arsenal are run at the moment  by wasting money on average experienced players trying to make a quick fix. 

I don't think it's too disrespectful for him to thank the Napoli fans. If you look at his career, it was Napoli that took the real gamble on giving him a chance to coach a top quality side for the first time. 

But yeah I'm chuffed for Sarri. People slated him for being obstinate and stubborn, but ultimately I have much more faith in Chelsea improving under him than I do of Arsenal improving under Emery. 

Emery seemed set at first on playing a certain way with the high line and the build-up from the goalie, but over the course of the season he's just fell into approaching every game reactively. The team looks confused and has no real confidence in its own ability. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surely Ozil will be binned off? Emery clearly had issues with him earlier in the season, didn't Arsenal play well without him?

In the ideal world yes but in reality Arsenal are stuck with him for 2 years, he will not leave because no other club will pay his wages, even if he does leave Arsenal will probably have to pay 90% of his wages.  Ozil sums up the spirit of the players around the squad, they all have nothing to play for, no hunger, no desire and no energy on the field.   Ozil quitting Germany should of set off alarm bells, most of Arsenal's team do not play for their country who come from a good footballing country like France, Germany like Mustafi, Lacca they get nowhere near the squad.  The players that do play  international football are from sides like Nigeria, Switzerland, Greece, Gabon etc when you can play at any level to get in to those teams, this is the real problem that there is no pressure on these players what so ever and it is down to the recruitment process of the club over the past several years that started when we bought Arteta and Mertesacker.

This is such unbelievably shit analysis. Sokratis and Lichtsteiner are technical players who lack desire? 

If anything the move with Emery has been towards buying more experienced and more physical players. 

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surely Ozil will be binned off? Emery clearly had issues with him earlier in the season, didn't Arsenal play well without him?

How many years does he have in his contract? Who will match those insane wages?

Ozil will stay unless Arsenal just buy him off his contract. Which would be like almost 20 million I heard. 

58 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

'Steeliness' and 'toughness' have long been a criticism of Arsenal, it was Wenger that really brought the flakiness into being. I don't see either those players as being particularly skilful, in fact they strike me as very limited players.

Even Torreira is more about harrying and tackling than a player like Xhaka. 

The problem with Emery to me is that the players aren't confident enough in possession. Arsenal depend on their two strikers, and powerful, but not hugely creative, wingbacks to make chances. 

The problems with Emery's approach are in some senses the opposite to Wenger's.

Wenger was stubborn and wouldn't deviate from his system no matter what. Emery doesn't have a system and focuses seemingly exclusively on trying to nullify the opposition. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Ozil will stay unless Arsenal just buy him off his contract. Which would be like almost 20 million I heard. 

2 years left and is on 18.5 million a year.

Chelsea were marvellous. Pedro and Willian showed why they are selected with pace and hardwork, they may not always deliver but on their game they are fantastic. Kovacic, Jorginho, and Kante, were absolutely fantastic, Kovacic had some smooth as silk passes that lead to the goals, while Kante and Jorginho showed signs of chemistry interchanging roles. Giroud fufilled the archetypal target-man role, strength, goals, and assists. Hazard did what he does to perfection, there is only darkness in his Chelsea future, no light; which brings me profound sadness. 

Ultimately if Chelsea could continue playing that manner next season with Sarri, I'd be one very happy camper. Sarri, Kovacic, and Higuian joining on a permanent basis would at least be a consolation for a ban and Hazard's departure.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

If that contract is what is costing them things such as extending Ramsey's deal, and potential other signings because the wage demands are so skewed, then for me they've got to draw a line under it and pay it.

Ozil and Sanchez - the pair of them absolutely laughing. Sorted forever through sheer incompetence of Arsenal, and then Manchester United. Two players on so much more than they are worth in 2019.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal - Wednesday 29th May, 2019 - FINAL

Archived