talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal - Wednesday 29th May, 2019 - FINAL

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

One positive for Arsenal... That young lad off the bench looks a diamond. 

I have read that we might have more money next season because kronke is making more money but not sure if it is true

Just now, Cannabis said:

Won't happen, LA Rams are building a new stadium and are the priority. 

Great. He really is destroying arsenal. I really can't see anything improving until he goes

With tonight I just hope the club are bold and just blow this whole team up, I don't think anyone should be safe this summer. Time for this club to be brave, there is no excuse now. Give Emery his last season of his contract and if we don't see a serious improvement in his football move on to the next guy. 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Great. He really is destroying arsenal. I really can't see anything improving until he goes

I'm not sure if that's true. How much was Mustafi? Or Sokratis? I feel like improvement for Arsenal will come first by being less shite at the back and I feel like that was doable with the money spent in recent years. It's just been the wrong players brought in.

2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

With tonight I just hope the club are bold and just blow this whole team up, I don't think anyone should be safe this summer. Time for this club to be brave, there is no excuse now. Give Emery his last season of his contract and if we don't see a serious improvement in his football move on to the next guy. 

I think Willock should be safe. But that's about it - the right offer for anyone else comes in and you ought to snap their fucking hands off.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not sure if that's true. How much was Mustafi? Or Sokratis? I feel like improvement for Arsenal will come first by being less shite at the back and I feel like that was doable with the money spent in recent years. It's just been the wrong players brought in.

Definitely has been some bad recruitment. But we definitely need more investment to get near you guys and city. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Torreira and Sokratis surely a must for Arsenal. Build around them. 

Sokratis are you mad! He is fucking horrendous, honestly rather keep Mustafi given the choice. Most overrated player we have. 

Too knackered to go into too much detail but well done Chelsea... some really good individual performances tonight and an overall good team performance especially the second half where we just got everything right.. unlucky Arsenal, got to feel for those fans who traveled all that way out there to see their season end like that.. 

Finished 3rd with a Trophy so have to be pleased with that, didn't think we would have achieved that at the beginning of the season... Sadly looks like farewell to Hazard even though we have all pretty much seen it coming for a while now but he has been a great player for us over the years, a game changer with an abundance of skill.. been a pleasure to watch and I wish him well... 

Maybe his departure might open up other avenues for us now and stop us being so reliant on his skill alone to bail us out of trouble.. onwards and upwards hopefully

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Sokratis are you mad! He is fucking horrendous, honestly rather keep Mustafi given the choice. Most overrated player we have. 

Torreira has been awful also over the 2nd half of the season.

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Definitely has been some bad recruitment. But we definitely need more investment to get near you guys and city. 

So you need to essentially sell Ozil for what Coutinho is worth. I'm sure Barca will be willing to pay that amount given how they are currently run. 

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Torreira has been awful also over the 2nd half of the season.

Agreed its not a surprise he physically fell off as its his first season in the league. Obviously he has to improve but I have a lot of time for him. It also doesn't help him and Xhaka are similar players and not the best midfield duo, especially in the back 3.

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So you need to essentially sell Ozil for what Coutinho is worth. I'm sure Barca will be willing to pay that amount given how they are currently run. 

Yeah he needs to go I think. We could probably get more for him than he is worth. We need to start moving players on better so we get more money to spend. That is a massive issue. Are net spend will never be big under kroenke so we need to generate cash

28 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Won't happen, LA Rams are building a new stadium and are the priority. 

I've read some of his other clubs are doing well and have generated a lot of cash.

To be fair to Emery apart from spurs who are don't incredible with the money they have spent we are about where you would expect us to be with money spent and wage bill

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've read some of his other clubs are doing well and have generated a lot of cash.

To be fair to Emery apart from spurs who are don't incredible with the money they have spent we are about where you would expect us to be with money spent and wage bill

Kroenke isn't going to invest because we have a self sustaining model, also he won't put money into the way we are currently operating. We have easily been the worst club in the market for quite a few seasons now. Our net spend in the last 5 years and the wages we pay for the squad we have is hilariously bad. Xhaka, Perez and Mustafi for 90m in 2016 was truly the start of the slide. Not to mention the abysmal way we dealt with the Sanchez and Ramsey contracts. Just to top it all off we blew 750k of our weekly wage bill on Aubameyang, Ozil and Mkhitaryan all 3 who will be 30 come next season.

Lots and lots of important work needs to be done starting this summer. 

12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Arsenal cannot spend much as they are on the verge of breaking FFP rules due to the amount we spend on a Europa budget, Arsenal are losing around 80-100 million for not being in the Champions League. 

6 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Kroenke isn't going to invest because we have a self sustaining model, also he won't put money into the way we are currently operating. We have easily been the worst club in the market for quite a few seasons now. Our net spend in the last 5 years and the wages we pay for the squad we have is hilariously bad. Xhaka, Perez and Mustafi for 90m in 2016 was truly the start of the slide. Not to mention the abysmal way we dealt with the Sanchez and Ramsey contracts. Just to top it all off we blew 750k of our weekly wage bill on Aubameyang, Ozil and Mkhitaryan all 3 who will be 30 come next season.

As I said before the wage bill is crippling the club as Arsenal are paying Champions League wages on a Europa budget, now with 3 years out of the Champions League is really going to hurt Arsenal as already we are so close to break the FFP rules considering Arsenal set out this model to combat FFP.  Hopefully with the 60 million Adidas money a year can be used on transfer funds but really Arsenal need to bring through youth and go from there but Emery is the wrong manager for that.  Arsenal  need to get rid of these under performing players like Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Lacca, Mustafi, Xhaka they are just not good enough and are not big game players. 

14 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Abamayang has been decent this season. We are certainly a badly run club at the moment but we are still the fifth highest spenders and we finished fifth so about where you expect is to be. Spurs are over achieving with their budget and man utd are underachieving 

13 minutes ago, Panna King said:

As I said before the wage bill is crippling the club as Arsenal are paying Champions League wages on a Europa budget, now with 3 years out of the Champions League is really going to hurt Arsenal as already we are so close to break the FFP rules considering Arsenal set out this model to combat FFP.  Hopefully with the 60 million Adidas money a year can be used on transfer funds but really Arsenal need to bring through youth and go from there but Emery is the wrong manager for that.  Arsenal  need to get rid of these under performing players like Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Lacca, Mustafi, Xhaka they are just not good enough and are not big game players. 

Perfect post.

22 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Abamayang has been decent this season. We are certainly a badly run club at the moment but we are still the fifth highest spenders and we finished fifth so about where you expect is to be. Spurs are over achieving with their budget and man utd are underachieving 

Arsenal fans find it extremely hard to admit that Tottenham are a  far better run club than Arsenal at the moment.  They are not overachieving they have scouted extremely well and bought players in at very reasonable prices over the past few years plus they have tied down most of their players to long deals.  They have a good manager who coaches the players well, better scouting network. Tottenham are everything Arsenal wanted to be, by the way they are run and how they do their business without breaking the bank or even paying stupid wages.  Arsenal just use the excuse of Kroenke not putting money in the club,  again that is a lie as we do spend a lot of money on transfers plus on wages. You can be successful without spending fortunes with the like of Tottenham and even a club like Ajax, if you have the right set up and formula.   

The thing with Arsenal is that they have been run and coached by a Dinosaur and the club has been miss managed by Gazidis over the years which has now crippled us, it has taken now to realise the mess they have left us in when people saw this years ago coming but some just didn't want to admit it.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal - Wednesday 29th May, 2019 - FINAL

Archived