talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal - Wednesday 29th May, 2019 - FINAL

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't had this much bad luck with injuries in ages. Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, Kanté, Rudiger all out. The first three are actually pivotal to us as well.

It's true that it remains to be seen if Kanté is actually out but the reports don't look good.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

We haven't had this much bad luck with injuries in ages. Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, Kanté, Rudiger all out. The first three are actually pivotal to us as well.

It's true that it remains to be seen if Kanté is actually out but the reports don't look good.

I will be honest I am not expecting much from this sadly... If we win then great obviously, but if we lost I wouldn't be surprised, key players missing and more importantly players that could make a difference on the night... We still have a decent squad on paper but how creative and defensively solid we end up being is anybody's guess..  Just hope they put in a decent fighting performance.. 

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had Ramsey available always causes Chelsea problems and he was so important in our victory over them earlier in the season. He nullified Jorginho whilst creating an attacking threat. I presume Emery will go with Özil which is a worry because I'd imagine Jorginho will be given the whole pitch similar to the game at the Bridge.

Going to be a tough one, I feel this is massively in the hands of Hazard though. Our right side is pretty weak defensively, so if he turns up I feel it will be curtains for us. Going to be a close one, hopefully we can do it although as proven this season and over the last few years this team usually collapses when the pressure is on.

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

Club already confirmed that incident wasn't connected. He was pissed off the training session was open to observers. 

xD Yes because 'the club' are going to tell the truth.

All the mood music around Chelsea is bad at the moment, even if they win I think it's likely Sarri will go.

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

xD Yes because 'the club' are going to tell the truth.

As if 'the media' will xD.

The video they showed cuts immediately to Sarri's reaction. Playing it out as if the Luiz/Higuain incident had him leave the training session in frustration. The media are so desperate to see him sacked. 

Full video. You can clearly see, the players leave before him. His frustration is down to not being able to train set-plays as it remained open to media. Not because Luiz and Higuain got into a scrap

51 minutes ago, Cicero said:

As if 'the media' will xD.

The video they showed cuts immediately to Sarri's reaction. Playing it out as if the Luiz/Higuain incident had him leave the training session in frustration. The media are so desperate to see him sacked. 

Full video. You can clearly see, the players leave before him. His frustration is down to not being able to train set-plays as it remained open to media. Not because Luiz and Higuain got into a scrap

Why would it matter anyway, his reaction is pathetic for a fully grown man and would suggest something quite wrong? He's in his 60s for god's sake.

I'd imagine the hierarchy of Chelsea will be quite worried to have a manager embarrassing the club like that. Imagine if Mourinho had done it.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why would it matter anyway, his reaction is pathetic for a fully grown man and would suggest something quite wrong? He's in his 60s for god's sake.

I'd imagine the hierarchy of Chelsea will be quite worried to have a manager embarrassing the club like that. Imagine if Mourinho had done it.

I'm not justifying his behavior. Merely defending what actually happened vs what the media interpreted. 

Chelsea hierarchy feeling embarrassed. That's gold. Should remind them of the Drinkwater deal. 

39 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Well we'll leave that to interpretation, the club are obviously trying to spin a story as much as anyone. I'll bow to your knowledge if you're the expert in human behaviour you claim to be.

Media claims Sarri left in the middle of training due to the Higuain/Luiz bust up. 

Video clearly shows all of the players finishing training with Sarri behind them. 

Don't have to be an expert to see the media are painting something that didn't happen. 

6 minutes ago, iHalaMadrid said:

London derby <3.

Though Chelsea has better chances to win Football is one unpredictable game and all that matters is who plays better football on the day when it's most needed. 

Welcome :bye:

• The title was changed to Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal - Wednesday 29th May, 2019 - FINAL

Archived