talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Automatic Qualifiers for Champions League?

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wasn't there always some weird talk of this? Don't these 'teams' realize that even if they get the big payouts that it will totally dilute their leagues? How are the FA's in these countries even allowing this kind of bullshit. No surprise that Juventus is heading this they've pretty much got a free pass at league title every year. I am even more surprised that UEFA is allowing this kind of crap to be heard.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Won't happen. There will be boycotts. This isn't America where we have fixed teams in the top league

Plenty of Americans working within UEFA I think.

On 10/05/2019 at 08:15, Mel81x said:

Wasn't there always some weird talk of this? Don't these 'teams' realize that even if they get the big payouts that it will totally dilute their leagues? How are the FA's in these countries even allowing this kind of bullshit. No surprise that Juventus is heading this they've pretty much got a free pass at league title every year. I am even more surprised that UEFA is allowing this kind of crap to be heard.

Surely that would mean they wouldn't be fussed?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Surely that would mean they wouldn't be fussed?

It goes back to the first point. You can have an off season and focus more on the CL instead of the league. It also automatically assures a top spot and puts other teams off from trying unless they want to be content with whatever slots UEFA gives Italian teams in the tournament. Imagine them saying its okay we'll come third if the competition strengthens but we are still assured a CL spot for the lifetime of the rule? Its not like they have pressure now but having zero pressure is very different from having very little pressure. Its a silly idea either ways.

Archived