Wolves 0-3 Liverpool
Liverpool 2-1 Wolves

Recent Form
Wolves - WWWDL
Liverpool - WWLWW

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we can finish the season in style with maximum points.

I can't see Brighton getting a result against City but their GK Mat Ryan was a longtime Liverpool fan as a kid and all his family are keen Liverpool supporters so hopefully he seizes the opportunity to make history...

Despite my hopeful/positive posts after Man City's game on Monday night, I woke up Tuesday morning so deflated over that Kompany goal. Went into that second leg on Tuesday thinking the best Liverpool team I've seen had no chance of winning anything this season. Not really thought about the league since Tuesday night though. Think I've kind of accepted it won't happen but it doesn't matter because we still have a chance to win the European Cup. Take the lead before they do and who knows what could happen though. I'm just going to enjoy Sunday whatever happens.

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Despite my hopeful/positive posts after Man City's game on Monday night, I woke up Tuesday morning so deflated over that Kompany goal. Went into that second leg on Tuesday thinking the best Liverpool team I've seen had no chance of winning anything this season. Not really thought about the league since Tuesday night though. Think I've kind of accepted it won't happen but it doesn't matter because we still have a chance to win the European Cup. Take the lead before they do and who knows what could happen though. I'm just going to enjoy Sunday whatever happens.

Same, I'm just going to drink and watch the match and hope by the end of it there's good news. I'm not too optimistic, because I never am, but anything can happen.

This team has taught me how to dream again. Now that sounds cheesy as fuck but it's true. Never gonna doubt any of these lads or the manager ever again, they've all done us proud this season. The league is 99% staying in Manchester, but as long as there is that 1%, I'll still have hope. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Same, I'm just going to drink and watch the match and hope by the end of it there's good news. I'm not too optimistic, because I never am, but anything can happen.

Keep drinking either way :drunk:

Just praying Brighton can score first against City then anything is possible. Hopefully its not done and dusted by half time i want it to go to the wire like 11/12 season only this time City will be the ones getting fucked, i mean what goes around comes around...

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Rick said:

This team has taught me how to dream again. Now that sounds cheesy as fuck but it's true. Never gonna doubt any of these lads or the manager ever again, they've all done us proud this season. The league is 99% staying in Manchester, but as long as there is that 1%, I'll still have hope. 

Gay.

:ph34r:

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Awake since 6. No nerves really, just can't stop thinking about what it'll be like if it actually happens.

You think City fans would be nervous? 

I agree with peps comments that they have felt the pressure of being the team in front. I haven't felt pressure for us. I've mainly felt hope at times then devastation as City keep winning with the 1-0's.

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Harry said:

You think City fans would be nervous

Definitely. 

I know they won that final-day decider against QPR in last minute but there must have been nerves there as well like there will be today. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

You think City fans would be nervous? 

I agree with peps comments that they have felt the pressure of being the team in front. I haven't felt pressure for us. I've mainly felt hope at times then devastation as City keep winning with the 1-0's.

Possibly yeah. As you say they've been winning games 1-0, so not convincing. But if we were going into the last day needing to beat Brighton to win it you'd have to be confident

I don't think I can be nervous as I see us as the chaser not the chasee

I just hope something happens to get Brighton a result against City. But can't feel nervous about that. That's hopeful with a hearty dose of pessimism.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I just hope something happens to get Brighton a result against City. But can't feel nervous about that. That's hopeful with a hearty dose of pessimism.

That's how I think I should be feeling but I can't shake the nerves now haha.

Alot of focus on what Brighton will do, but Wolves are no mugs. 7th in their first season back up, they won't just lie down and take a hiding. Hopefully having Salah back brings a boost and we can finish the season strong. 

Imagine if City dropped points, and then we did as well. Think my heart would fail. 

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is where I am. It's all possibility with no expectation. I'm excited. I feel alive

I'm pretty flat in terms of our prospects. Happy to put a good seal on our season. Not expecting much. Kompany is the kind of leader Barca lacked, which stabilises and leaves City less prone to the sort of choking that would turn the title race our way

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Wolves - Sunday 12th May, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived