talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Wolves - Sunday 12th May, 2019

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't lie. Absolutely gutted. Doesn't take away from the effort this season. Been nothing short of excellent and we have put down the foundations to go again next season.

The big game was always the CL final. 

Klopp's taken an upper-mid-table side and made them into the 2nd best side in Europe. The standard at which things are being judged now is shown in the fact that the CL is almost a consolation prize, since they are unlucky enough to be up against a league opponent with resources which are beyond comparison in the history of football. 

Mighty proud of the side. 

Now keep hold of all the main players. Add a few smart signings, and there is no reason why we can't compete the next season. 

People do not understand that this team hasn't competed for the title for a while. Learning from that is important. This season will be quite an experience, which will only make this side stronger. 

The absolute best thing about moving to the US’s west coast from the UK is instead of watching the matches at the time it actually is, instead kickoff was at 7am and I am absolutely pissed and it’s only 9:12am. My fiancé is floored by how many beers I’ve had this morning

• Subscriber

To think Liverpool went all season and only lost one and drew seven yet City lost four and drew twice if at least Pool had only drawn five and lost one I think you would have won it this year if I am right, congratulations anyway to all you Liverpool supporters in here in making this season an interesting one and going right down to the wire, now look forward to the Champions League Cup and see if you can make it six Champions League Cups, my laddie is looking forward to this. :ay:

1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

To think Liverpool went all season and only lost one and drew seven yet City lost four and drew twice if at least Pool had only drawn five and lost one I think you would have won it this year if I am right, congratulations anyway to all you Liverpool supporters in here in making this season an interesting one and going right down to the wire, now look forward to the Champions League Cup and see if you can make it six Champions League Cups, my laddie is looking forward to this. :ay:

Honestly I am a weird mix of gutted and proud. Gutted because 97 points with no title is mental, most Liverpool thing ever. But proud because the performances this season were immense. Great players, great side

This side isn't gonna go away next season. We'll be back up there again. Whether the points total is enough against a financially doped team is enough we'll see, but we'll be there or there abouts next season

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly I am a weird mix of gutted and proud. Gutted because 97 points with no title is mental, most Liverpool thing ever. But proud because the performances this season were immense. Great players, great side

My laddie was lamenting on that the other day when he called and we had a few lagers together, me talking about what a shit season United have had and him talking about if only Liverpool had not drawn some of those matches.

Anyway, once the Champions and Europa League Cups are all over with we can all have a breather until August when it starts all over again and me and my son always say every year when we have had two months without EPL & European matches "I will be glad when the footy season kicks off again, it's been fucking boring the last month or so..." xD

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Always be proud mate. Especially with this team and this season! 

Just now, CaaC - John said:

My laddie was lamenting on that the other day when he called and we had a few lagers together, me talking about what a shit season United have had and him talking about if only Liverpool had not drawn some of those matches.

Anyway, once the Champions and Europa League Cups are all over with we can all have a breather until August when it starts all over again and me and my son always say every year when we have had two months without EPL & European matches "I will be glad when the footy season kicks off again, it's been fucking boring the last month or so..." xD

It’s easy to say “oh we shouldn’t have drawn as many matches” but in a 38 game season we’ve never had this many points.

The players and the side didn’t do much wrong and could hardly have done much more. They were just up against an absolutely ridiculous side.

I’m gutted, but I’m proud of how the side performed this season. This wasn’t a good cup run and scraping into 4th. This was a good cup run and us giving most sides in the league a lesson in football.

I used to think of City as “allies” though, because you know- the enemy of my enemy is my friend xD - fuck that though. Hate them now. Leicester, Newcastle and Palace are now the non-LFC side’s I like best

• Subscriber

This is fucking mental though and I wonder will we ever see this again, 98 points for 1st & 97 points for second and goal difference 72 & 67, bloody hats off to Liverpool for making this season one too remember  :congrats:   :ay:

download.thumb.png.2f085cc9f262f44ee71bb3fd50763c8b.png

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Wolves - Sunday 12th May, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived