The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Sunday 12th May, 2019

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Everyone needs to see Higuain's miss tonight on MOTD xD

Especially @Berserker just for jokes.

There was another time earlier on in the half where he was in the middle of the park, tried a 'round the corner pass' and ends up missing the ball as well xD

That was probably the most entertaining part of the game to be honest. We had a chance where Vardy would usually bag but opted to square to Tielemans and move died down. 

Loftus-Cheek is one hell of a player though. Very dominating performance and he's an absolute unit. 

Won it on minutes played but shares the golden boot with Salah and Mane. Still did well to win it despite being moved around in the side. 41 in 64 in total for Arsenal.

• Subscriber

That was the dullest game I can remember going to xD I know it was end of season but fuck me.

Both teams missed shockers within about 5 minutes of each other. Vardy completely fucked up a ball to Tielemans who'd have had an open goal and then Higuain produces a scarcely believable miss.

Nothing else I can say really. I'm excited for next season but we definitely need a couple of real quality signings to come in along with Tielemans, starting with a wide man.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

That was the dullest game I can remember going to xD I know it was end of season but fuck me.

Both teams missed shockers within about 5 minutes of each other. Vardy completely fucked up a ball to Tielemans who'd have had an open goal and then Higuain produces a scarcely believable miss.

Nothing else I can say really. I'm excited for next season but we definitely need a couple of real quality signings to come in along with Tielemans, starting with a wide man.

I know it was a dull game but the 5 Live reporter after the game said 'I'll give you a summary of the game - Barkley shot, saved. That was it' xDxD.

Said to my brother after, when it comes to the squad we need to prioritise getting a striker, winger and a CM (if Tielemans not bought). Everything else we seem to have decent options if no-one leaves. Even if Maguire goes, we've got options of Benkovic, Evans, Soyuncu and Morgan. Perhaps another youth player coming through could be an option. Reckon Rodgers can take this squad fairly far though...

Do assists not count for golden boot? Shame

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Won it on minutes played but shares the golden boot with Salah and Mane. Still did well to win it despite being moved around in the side. 41 in 64 in total for Arsenal.

It's weird how the opinion of him seems to be that he's shit. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know it was a dull game but the 5 Live reporter after the game said 'I'll give you a summary of the game - Barkley shot, saved. That was it' xDxD.

Said to my brother after, when it comes to the squad we need to prioritise getting a striker, winger and a CM (if Tielemans not bought). Everything else we seem to have decent options if no-one leaves. Even if Maguire goes, we've got options of Benkovic, Evans, Soyuncu and Morgan. Perhaps another youth player coming through could be an option. Reckon Rodgers can take this squad fairly far though...

We're well stacked at centre half and think we could probably cope with Maguire going without centre half becoming a priority, depends how much we trust Soyuncu.

Tielemans signing is the first one in for me.

A back up right back to Ricardo. Eladballoui has been linked and that's the profile I can imagine joining us as cover, stylistically quite like Ricardo. Then again we have Amartey to return so maybe we won't bother.

Left back we're sorted.

Another central midfielder as well as Tielemans will come in, Rodgers has said this.

Another striker imperative. Our season would fall to bits with a Vardy injury.

A quality wide man too. Not him but a signing in the style of Felipe Anderson I think could make a big difference to us. The current wide options aren't really good enough.

I love beating Bournemouth. Seeing them sing "you're going to cry in a minute" to Wilf who then picked up the ball, skipped past two players who blatantly tried to foul him before he teeing it up for Andros to score the fifth was brilliant.

Overall a successful season if you look at the stats. Our highest points total, our highest number of goals scored and our highest number of wins in Premier League history.

We have finished very strong for the third consecutive after a less than desirable start. Hopefully we keep the stability, improve the home form, and add Michy. Those factors should get us in the top half.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I love beating Bournemouth. Seeing them sing "you're going to cry in a minute" to Wilf who then picked up the ball, skipped past two players who blatantly tried to foul him before he teeing it up for Andros to score the fifth was brilliant.

Overall a successful season if you look at the stats. Our highest points total, our highest number of goals scored and our highest number of wins in Premier League history.

We have finished very strong for the third consecutive after a less than desirable start. Hopefully we keep the stability, improve the home form, and add Michy. Those factors should get us in the top half.

Those stats are pretty impressive considering that poor start to the season. Well done Roy, I’d never have you back at Liverpool and your time here was a nightmare, and I wish him well anywhere else.

Isn’t he a boyhood Palace fan (I could be well off with that lol)? I’d love him to go on a good cup run and win something for you lot.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

How bad actually are Manchester United? This is genuine relegation form xD

Solskjaer's record before his permanent appointment was quite good, 14-2-3. Since getting the job permanently though, it has been enjoyable to have someone in worse form than us in the top six, 2-2-6.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Solskjaer's record before his permanent appointment was quite good, 14-2-3. Since getting the job permanently though, it has been enjoyable to have someone in worse form than us in the top six, 2-2-6.

Even the two wins were fortuitous by all accounts and one of the draws was against Huddersfield, who it's frankly hard to not beat.

I'm not even exaggerating. They're in relegation form. I think something drastic has to change at that club.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It's getting a bit cringe now how relevant we are to their happiness. I almost feel sorry for them Haha 

Yep, it's surely just a reminder how shit their football team is. There's another one of them celebrating like they've won it themselves. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived