talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaroncpfc - Football Manager 2017

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I keep telling Barnsley lads to sign him but they don't listen. There loss. He has become the complete defender.

Yeah, he's quality, unfortunately by the time I was able to get him on a free I'd established myself as a top 4 team and didn't need him, but was class in the first few years, and him going back to United for a year ruined his upward trajectory with me

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

English Premier League

Sunderland 1 - 0 Ipswich Town

Ipswich Town Manager Aaron Cpfc was left fuming after a debateable Sunderland penalty forced his team in to a 1-0 defeat.

The Manager recieved a formal warning from The FA for his comments after the match where he suggested the referee should apologise for making such a decision.

Ipswich Town did have multiple chances to win the game but poor finishing from Ishak Belfodil meant they left The Stadium Of Light with nothing.

English League Cup

Ipswich Town 1 - 0 Blackburn Rovers

Seven debuts and thirteen academy players playing a role in this match was the only real thing to talk about in a contest that would have been put on last on any television show.

The only goal of the game came when debutant Danny Dalton crossed the ball in to the path of Stuart Bishop but Ritchie DeLeat ended up diverting the cross in to his own net.

Other than that both sides struggled to create opportunities in a game that was largely contested in the middle of the pitch.

English Premier League

Ipswich Town 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

A 92nd minute header from Issac Hayden gave Ipswich Town a late win that propels them up to ninth in the table.

Ipswich Town should have wrapped up the game a lot earlier, but a missed penalty from Ishak Belfodil and two great chances missed by Ishak Belfodil and Danny Dalton set up the dramatic finale.

Aaron Cpfc was critical of his strikers finishing in the media afterwards, and the media were critical of Aaron Cpfc who refused to give his opinion on Ipswich Town's suspicious penalty despite openly criticising officicals when a decision went against his team a fortnight earlier.

English Premier League

Ipswich Town 1 - 4 Manchester United

Ipswich Town were outclassed in a match they'd like to quickly forget. A goal after two minutes from Marcus Rashford put all of Ipswich Town's tactical plans in to chaos and Paul Pogba and Marco Verratti added to the misery with goals before half time. Ipswich were more competitive in the second half and Teddy Bishop's 35 yard screamer added as a consulation before a stoppage time goal from Ounas gave Manchester United a deserved and convincing victory.

English Premier League

Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 4 Ipswich Town

Ipswich Town could not believe they didn't get something from what ay be an early contender for game of the season. Ipswich Town must have thought they won the game after ten minutes when Tammy Abraham scored two early goals, but goals from Jonathan Silva, Christian Eriiksen and Tristan Jonckheere put Tottenham in the lead before half time. Alberto Penarada put Spurs 4-2 before Ipswich began a surprising comeback. A goal from Matt Swift and Tammy Abraham's hat trick pulled it back to 4-4, but a goal from Tristan Jonckheere with ten minutes to spare gave Tottenham the three points in what was a classic game.

English League Cup - 3rd Round

Derby County 0 - 4 Ipswich Town

Eleven changes were made but the goals continued to flow as Ipswich hit Eight Goals in Four Days. Two first half goals from Ishak Belfodil were combatted with second half strikes from Tariq Fosu and Jordan Rhodes as Ipswich convincingly progress to a fourth round match against Barnsley.

English Premier League

Chelsea 1 - 0 Ipswich Town

A goal in the first half from Andreas Christiensen secured a victory for Chelsea in a game where they fully controlled the contest and limited Ipswich to very minimal half chances. The defeat moved Ipswich Town down to seventeenth in the table.

English Premier League

Ipswich Town 2 - 0 Arsenal

The end of a horrendous month of fixtures for Ipswich was met with a surprising win against Arsenal. A competitive first half was seperated with a superb strike from Tariq Fosu after fourty minutes, and then Ishak Belfodil scored the second goal at the beginning of the second half. Ipswich Town then did a brilliant job of stopping Arsenal from creating opportunities which gave Ipswich Town fans their first big result to shout about this season.

4d60d3ae8387bb00aa1157979b1ac183.png 5ded62bd0ac7e687a948c35d4aa6ef95.png

20 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Bollocks.

Won't happen, you're the man.

I'm tempted to sack my assistant. Gave him a job at Preston and took him to Ipswich. Now he's trying to Shakespeare me the git.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

as if you had Utd, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal consecutively in the league xD 

I had it before on FM '13 where my first opening seven games were the top seven in the league and they ended up sacking me after game six xD

English Premier Division

Aston Villa 1 - 4 Ipswich Town

Aston Villa's dismal start to the season continued as they conceaded four in a game which they controlled for the majority of the game.

Ipswich Town found themselves 1-0 up at half time despite not creating anything after Tammy Abraham dispatched a penalty.

The second half saw Aston Villa caught off guard as Ipswich scored two goals in the first five minutes thanks to Tammy Abraham and Teddy Bishop.

Aston Villa's posession gave them a consulation goal through Donyell Malen, but Tarique Fosu maintained his good form with a perfect strike from 25 yards soon after giving Ipswich Town the victory.

English Premier Division

Ipswich Town 1 - 1 Liverpool

Ipswich Town would have felt hard done by not getting all three points in a contest where they were supposed to be underdogs.

Ipswich Town had more of the posession in the first half, and it paid off in the second when Tarique Fosu continued his goal scoring form with a goal immediatly after the restart.

Ipswich Town did well to limit Liverpool's chances but there quality paid off with a 72nd minute goal from Alexander Lacazette. Ipswich Town then coped with Liverpool pressure as they pressed for a winner to take a well thought point.

English League Cup - Fourth Round

Barnsley 0 - 5 Ipswich Town

Ipswich's rich vein of Goalscoring form continued as they put this game to bed almost immediatly.

They found themselves two up in the first three minutes with goals from Reuben Loftus-Cheek and Tammy Abraham. To then finding themselves four up after twenty minutes with goals from Teddy Bishop and Tammy Abraham. After 25 minutes Tammy Abraham had completed his hat trick.

Barnsley managed to get themselves back in the game but the damage was more than done as Ipswich sailed to a five goal victory.

English Premier Division

Bournemouth 1 - 1 Ipswich Town

Ipswich will feel hard done by as they drop out of the top half despite controlling the whole game.

A first half free kick from Teddy Bishop put Ipswich in the lead but they failed to turn there posession in to chances and Bournemouth punished them for it late on with a goal on the counter attack from Jose Pozo. Ipswich then found themselves defending late on to take a point in a game which they should have won.

bb5b5c705e90b3781cc14dd9b51828bb.png 48ec72d28089647d849ed7cf07382827.png

• Administrator

decent start after 10 games for you. Nice little cup run but a tough test coming up away at Liverpool. Is your squad big enough to cope with both competitions?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

decent start after 10 games for you. Nice little cup run but a tough test coming up away at Liverpool. Is your squad big enough to cope with both competitions?

In terms of squad depth we have enough players but we have a lot of quantity over quality at the moment as a lot of the backup players are inexperienced academy players proven at the top of league one based on loan spells. Two of them have really taken to The Premiership well this season but the others have either been average in the cup or still waiting for an opportunity.

sky-sports.png?itok=7AS6Vw5A

Ipswich Town: No further changes.

Ipswich Town owner David Curry has announced that all staff currently involved in first team affairs will not be replaced.

Curry went on to state whilst his original intention was to make multiple changes, he was impressed by the level of support from players and supporters towards the current regime that he has decided to stick with Aaron Cpfc and his coaching staff.

The news is a welcomed breath of fresh air to all involved at the club following the changes at Director level which have occurred since there last Premier League game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bbcsport.png

From Curry to Christmas: A Run Down of ALL Ipswich games under new owner David Curry

PL: Everton 0 - 2 Ipswich Town - The Ipswich players showed their support for current Manager Aaron Cpfc in front of the new owner as two second half goals from in form Tarique Fosu gave Ipswich a surprising victory against bogey team Everton.

PL: Newcastle 0 - 0 Ipswich Town - Neither team failed to create anything that petered out in to a boring contest.

PL: Leicester City 0 - 0 Ipswich Town - Ipswich Town fans were left dissapointed as they failed to put pressure on a Leicester City team in freefall at the moment.

LC: Ipswich Town 0 - 2 Liverpool - Ipswich Town fans were left annoyed again as two early goals from Divock Origi and Sadio Mane confirmed that Ipswich Town crashed out of The Carling Cup without putting up much of a fight.

PL: Ipswich Town 3 - 1 Leeds United - An early Che Adams goal started off boos at The Bobby Robson Arena as Ipswich found themselves one down to bottom place Leeds United, but an eaqualiser by Tarique Fosu, a penalty in the second half from Tammy Abraham, and a 92nd minute sweetener from Ishak Belfodil gave Ipswich Town a much welcomed win.

PL: Manchester City 3 - 2 Ipswich Town - A superbAntoine Greezeman hat-trick was the difference in a thrilling game of football where Ipswich Town game back twice from being behind with goals from Tarique Fosu and Andre Dozzell.

PL: Ipswich Town 2 - 1 Norwich City - Another East Anglian derby will be one to remember for Ipswich Town fans as they scored two goals in the last two minutes to win the game in a contest where they threatened to score from the outset. M'baye Niang gave Norwich the lead on the twelth minute but it was a late penalty from Ishak Belfodil and then a 20 yard strike from Tarique Fosu which gave Ipswich Town fans all the bragging rights.

PL: Ipswich Town 4 - 1 West Bromwich Albion - West Brom had been flying in the league but they were taken completely by the surprise by a hyped Ipswich team following there midweek win at Norwich. Tammy Abraham started proceedings with two first half goals. Andre Dozzell then continued to stake a first team claim with a goal just after the hour mark. Tony Sabaria scored a consulation for West Brom before Tarique Fosu continued his mad scoring season with a goal in injury time.

PL: Southampton 0 - 2 Ipswich Town - Three wins in Four meant Ipswich Town were now looking up the table and continued there good form with a convincing win against Southampton. Jamie Eales scored his first senior goal for the club after fifthteen minutes when he headed home a Teddy Bishop corner. Southampton failed to threaten Ipswich, and Ipswich but the game to bed on the 68th minutes, this time it was Teddy Bishop heading past Fraser Forster.

PL: West Ham United 0 - 2 Ipswich Town - The last game saw Ipswich Town go up against a managerless West Ham. Ipswich Town put in a professional and convincing performance as Tammy Abraham and Tarique Fosu continued what has been a fantastic season for them both goals a couple of minutes either side of half time.

Now, what has this turn around in form done for the table...

0d3904126eb51afb6a02e0611886632d.png
https://gyazo.com/0d3904126eb51afb6a02e0611886632d

Ipswich Town find themselves in there highest position since May 2001 as they head in to January 2023. There is an air of optimism going in to 2023 after what has been a fantastic 2022 as fans eagerly anticipate to see how Frank MacParland conducts himself in The January Transfer Window. Axel Tuanzebe and Issac Hayden remain wanted by other sides, whilst fans remember David Curry's comments about making Ipswich Town a 'great' club.

Excellent position to find yourself in at the half-way stage. Gotta fancy a few of those below you to pick it up second half of the season, but a top 8 finish should be achievable.

Just caught up on all of this. Great read, you've really improved in the table and moved up with that last month of fixtures. Also good to see that you didn't get the sack from a takeover. I know its about realism but honestly it kind of kills the purpose of a challenge because its a matter of luck if you get to stay or not. I've noticed though that it usually only happens if you lose a few matches while they are deciding to sack you or not.

Hopefully you can keep going and eventually win the league mate.

tc-logo-2015.png

January Transfer Window Roundup

Before the window there was a lot of talk about how Ipswich Town would handle themselves given the new ownership and the appointment of Frank MacParland as Director Of Football. Therefore there's a feeling of disappointment amongst Ipswich Town fans that, given their league position, they didn't invest more money in to the side this transfer window.

The more influential signings this transfer window came in the form of loan deals. With Manchester United Striker Nathan Thomas and Stoke City's Attacking Midfielder Amr Warda arriving at The Bobby Robson Arena.

Ipswich Town also said goodbye to loyal servant Dale Stephens who has joined Lille on a free transfer. He was replaced by experienced Celtic Midfielder Jack Wilshire who will not be featuring at all this season after he picked up an achilles injury during training. Experienced Welsh Midfielder Joe Allen has joined the club from Stoke City for £185,000 as a replacement for Jack Wilshire.

Stewart Bishop, Danny Dalton and Ben Morris have been loaned out to Charlton. Tristan Nydam also signed for Brighton And Hove Albion for £500,000.

It's believed that offers from Manchester City were rejected for Issac Hayden, Reuben Loftus-Cheek and Axel Tuanzebe.

In terms of matters on the pitch, Ipswich Town started the month as expected with a 2-0 win against Sunderland before succumbing to surprise defeats of 4-1 against Stoke City and 2-1 against Wolverhampton Wanderers. They did manage to get some unexpected points however as they thought back on both occassions to gain a 1-1 draw against Tottenham Hotspur and a 2-2 draw against Manchester United. The Tractor Boys have slipped down to tenth in the table as a result of the month of January.

There form in the FA Cup though has been a particular highlight. A Tammy Abraham hat trick against his former club Chelsea led Ipswich to a surprising 5-2 victory in the third round, and two goals from Teddy Bishop in a 2-1 win against Middlesbrough has set up a fifth round tie against Queens Park Rangers.

ts_logo.png

February Review: Should Ipswich be doing better?

The question above is being asked as February draws to a close as Ipswich once again showed another month of inconsistency.

The month started with a 3-1 defeat to Arsenal. Issac Hayden gave Ipswich an early lead but three goals in quick succession around the hour mark punished Ipswich. Then following news of a row between Manager and Luke Hyan which led to unrest in the squad the Ipswich squad responded with an unexpected 2-0 victory against Chelsea. Issac Hayden scoring early again and substitue Jordan Rhodes consolidating the victory later on.

With the win against Chelsea many expected a game against bottom place Aston Villa to be a formality, but despite an early goal from Tammy Abraham, Aston Villa gained a second half eaqualiser through Patrick Helander and a lethargic Ipswich Town failed to create any further chances to win the game. 

Following a draw against Aston Villa many expected Ipswich Town to end the month by taking their frustration out on Queens Park Rangers in The FA Cup 5th Round Match. It seemed to be heading that way as Tammy Abraham and Teddy Bishop put Ipswich Town 2-0 up in less than half hour, but an own goal by Tommy Smith and a late minute goal from Tom Crockett has forced an unwanted replay in a game which Ipswich dominated.

Ipswich Town remain in tenth, and some will argue this is deserved after recent results.

6c236abbcbf039eb6393099a0f940501.png

Ipswich Town have a trip at Wembley to relish after three wins in the last ten days.

After comfortably disposing of QPR in the fifth round replay with goals from Tammy Abraham, Teddy Bishop and Reuben Loftus-Cheek, The Tractor Boys continued their new found momentum in to the league with a convincing 2-0 victory against Bournemouth with two long range efforts from Teddy Bishop.

They made hard work of the quarter final as they found themselves 1-0 down to Leicester City through Andre Schurle. Tammy Abraham eaqualised just after the hour mark to give Leicetser a way back in to the match. The forward then grabbed his second just after the 70th minute. Then substitue Andre Dozzell rounded off the superb fight back with a close range effort in the eighty third minute.

19a53e6e21e67cce75d4b1ca9de5b583.png

• Administrator

@Aaroncpfc interested to hear what kind of tactic you use when playing the bigger sides, traditional top 6? I've tried an ultra defensive tactic, counter tactics. Only one it worked against was Tottenham when I drew 1-1. Every other time I've got thrashed xD. The defensive tactic is a 5-2-2-1. My usual tactic is a 4-1-1-2-1 control or attacking. 

On 16/05/2017 at 11:35 AM, Stan said:

@Aaroncpfc interested to hear what kind of tactic you use when playing the bigger sides, traditional top 6? I've tried an ultra defensive tactic, counter tactics. Only one it worked against was Tottenham when I drew 1-1. Every other time I've got thrashed xD. The defensive tactic is a 5-2-2-1. My usual tactic is a 4-1-1-2-1 control or attacking. 

Well I'm not surprised 4-1-1-2-1 isn't working as the other team has a man advantage.

It really depends on the run of form the team has going in to these games. If we're struggling it's a defensive mind set, closing down fast, time wasting, and then if we're in the game with 20 minutes sit deep and hit on the counter. Other than that I don't really see the point of telling players that are creative to reign it in if we're playing a better team that are not on a run of good form and we've hit momentum ourselves. If after the first ten minutes were getting hammered in terms of possession or chances I'd quickly change the team mentality but traditionally I'd stick to a 4-1-2-2-1 or a 4-1-2-1-2 formation as that's the best formations that suits the players I have.

March 17th 2023

Tammy Abraham Gets First England Call Up

Ipswich Striker Tammy Abraham has been rewarded with his fine form this season with his first England International call up.

The Striker has scored 23 goals in 32 games for The FA Cup Semi Finalists who are comfortably sitting in the top half of The Premiership table.

The call up has been long awaited for the striker who has recovered from an eight month ACL injury to be a focal point in Ipswich Town's attack this season. 

The call up may act as inspiration for the likes of Teddy Bishop, Issac Hayden and Nick Hayes who have all been regulars for Ipswich Town this season but are yet to receive there first call up.

FA Cup Fever has hit seventh place Ipswich Town as the team prepare for their semi cup final clash against Jose Mourinho's Manchester United.

Many of these players will be keen to erase the memory of the last FA Cup Semi Final Ipswich Town were involved in three years as they lost to Arsenal on penalties. Tommy Smith,  Issac Hayden, Tarique Fosu and Andre Dozzell all featured in this game. Issac Hayden was sent off after seventy minutes and Andre Dozzell missed the all important deciding penalty. Tammy Abraham did not play through suspension, Teddy Bishop was not picked to start, whilst Nick Hayes, Matt Swift, Joshua Emmanuel and Jamie Eales were all still academy players.

Andre Dozzell may have to wait for his opportunity to avenge that penalty miss as it's presumed Aaron Cpfc will prefer to start Teddy Bishop and Tarique Fosu behind Tammy Abraham. Issac Hayden and Reuben Loftus-Cheek are likely to remain in central midfield and either Matt Swift or Axel Tuanzebe are expected to play just infront of Tommy Smith and Jamie Eales in defence with the other individual likely to play on the right side. Nick Hayes and Aaron Cresswell are also expected to start.

Manchester United come in to this match on a high after wrapping up The Premiership Title with five games remaining. Recognised by many as the best team in Europe. Ipswich Town will have to think of a plan to stop several of Manchester Uniteds world class players which include Rafael Varane, William Carvalho, Marco Verratti, Paul Pogba, Eden Hazard and Marcus Rashford.

Recent Results:

Ipswich Town 3 - 1 Everton - Two goals from Tarique Fosu and a Tammy Abraham penalty gave Ipswich Town a convincing win against long term competitors Everton in spite of Everton taking the lead through Ross Barkley.

Newcastle United 1 - 4 Ipswich Town - Newcastle took the lead through Laurens De Boek but Tammy Abraham celebrated his England call up with four goals of his own.

Liverpool 0 - 0 Ipswich Town - No goals in a very even match.

Ipswich Town 1 - 2 Leicester City - Relegation threatened Leicester picked up a massive and surprisng three points. Tarique Fosu gave Ipswich the lead before Andre Schurlee scored from the penalty spot. James Ward-Prowse then scored a winner in the 93rd minute. 

Leeds United 0 - 2 Ipswich Town - Two goals from Tarique Fosu gave Ipswich Town the win as Aaron Cpfc was forced to watch the match from the stands after being given a one game touchline ban for his comments regarding Leicester's penalty in the previous match.

fa_cup.png

Always the bridesmaid... Never the bride.

That's the feeling today as Ipswich Town blew another chance of an FA Cup Final with a 1-0 defeat to Manchester United.

In a game which would nobody would be interested in watching the highlights, Manchester United got an early goal after twelve minutes from Sergio Jota. After that Mourinho's men defended deep and did not seem too concerned with Ipswich Town containing posession and trying to break them down. Unfortunatly for Ipswich they could not get there key attacking players in to the game and Manchester United rode there way to a comfortable 1-0 victory.

Any hope of European football next season now hinges on Ipswich Town finishing sixth in the Premier League after West Brom won the league cup and second place Arsenal entertain Manchester United in the final of the FA Cup after they beat Norwich City 2-0.

Ipswich Town 2 - 1 Manchester City

Ipswich Town quickly put there FA Cup dissapointment behind them with a dramatic 2-1 victory over Manchester City.

This game looked like it would be a formality for Manchester City as Kylian Mbappe put them ahead very early in the game. But Ipswich Town battled on and got there reward just before half time as Tammy Abraham continued his fantastic season with another goal.

Then with five minutes remaining Andree Dozzell scored what may be the most dramatic goal of his career as he finished off some fantastic Ipswich Town pressure that caused Ipswich Fans to believe that maybe the race for a European place is not quite over.

f5d8a8b162f37a997e3ff871c1187daf.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwich City 1 - 0 Ipswich Town

Ipswich Town fans were left fuming as arch rivals Norwich put a massive dent in there hopes for a European place.

In a game where Ipswich pressured but struggled to create chances, it was a 78th minute goal from Arnel Jakupovic which could have a massive impact on where Ipswich finish come the end of the season.

3425d3d4f2f58244bc72b6a9a0e8c296.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Bromwich Albion 0 - 3 Ipswich Town

In what could be a huge game in the race for sixth place Ipswich Town picked up all three points in what was one of there most convincing displays all season.

There chances of a victory were boasted after just ninety seconds as a Tarique Fosu cross aiming for Tammy Abraham was converted in for an own goal by Tosin Adarabioyo. Ipswich Town grew in confidence as Tammy Abraham scored yet another goal two minutes in to the second half. With seven minutes remaining Issac Hayden wrapped up the victory which put the misery of the East Anglian Derby well and truly at the back of Ipswich Town's fans minds.

5ac8b80cbb3edd9c91c10e813fb8fdd0.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ipswich Town 2 - 0 Southampton

Ipswich Town knew what they needed to do in this game and after a very close first half they duly delivered.

Southampton remained competitive and had several opportunities to score but the deadline was broken on the 54th minute as an Axel Tuanzebe header from a Teddy Bishop corner rifled the back of the net.

Andree Dozzell then wrapped up the victory four minutes later as Southampton pressed for an immediate answer and Ipswich Town hit them on the counter.

With West Bromwich Albion and Stoke City both losing they are now both out the running for sixth place, and amazingly Tottenham Hotspur have lost there last four games and could find themselves in trouble.

3ff2f00ed3eed8d16faceeff328e6e90.png

Amazingly on the last game of the season it is Tottenham who play Chelsea and Ipswich Town entertain 16th placed West Ham United who have nothing to play for.

Sixth place will be Ipswich Town's as long as they beat West Ham United regardless of what happens in the other game. It's a dream scenario going in to the last game of the season for The Tractor Boys who have surpassed all expectations given their lack of transfer activity last summer.

Archived