talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniel James - Leeds United Interested in Loan Deal

Mount has been played excessively to where he’s gone from making the right decisions to making poor ones. Lampard has overplayed him and mismanaged him. Doesn’t help Ruben is injured and Barkley is bang average. 

That is why I’m basing his drop in form in mental fatigue, which undoubtedly affects confidence. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Mount has been played excessively to where he’s gone from making the right decisions to making poor ones. Lampard has overplayed him and mismanaged him. Doesn’t help Ruben is injured and Barkley is bang average. 

That is why I’m basing his drop in form in mental fatigue, which undoubtedly affects confidence. 

You may well be right about mental fatigue. I dont think you are personally but I'm not qualified to say. 

It was more the way you stated it as 'fact', as if you had actually diagnosed him yourself that got people interested. 

Lads he’s not diagnosing him with clinical depression, he’s just saying after going champions league game to Prem as well as all the games through December at the highest level with no rest and a lot of pressure on him he is just mentally tired 

If you can’t say that without being an expert then you can’t claim someone is physically unfit without being a fitness coach, can’t say someone’s being played out of position without being a managers and can’t say someone’s broken leg that’s hanging off it’s hinges is fucked without being a doctor 😂

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Lads he’s not diagnosing him with clinical depression, he’s just saying after going champions league game to Prem as well as all the games through December at the highest level with no rest and a lot of pressure on him he is just mentally tired 

If you can’t say that without being an expert then you can’t claim someone is physically unfit without being a fitness coach, can’t say someone’s being played out of position without being a managers and can’t say someone’s broken leg that’s hanging off it’s hinges is fucked without being a doctor 😂

That doesn't mean he's mentally tired though. He could be physically tired for all we know and him not having a rest is leading him to being laboured and making strange decisions on the pitch. I think it's pretty likely he's physically tired as Lampard doesn't seem to rotate him out too much and he's played a lot.

I don't buy into the 'mental exhaustion' wording. Sounds like a bizarre round-a-bout method of saying that they are either; 1. inexperienced, or 2. physically unfit to play consistently. 'Mental exhaustion' sounds like a yuppie excuse to go on a holiday for two months on a corporate paycheque, ahaha.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That doesn't mean he's mentally tired though. He could be physically tired for all we know and him not having a rest is leading him to being laboured and making strange decisions on the pitch. I think it's pretty likely he's physically tired as Lampard doesn't seem to rotate him out too much and he's played a lot.

Strange people are so quick to shoot down mental exhaustion as opposed to physical tbh, both will and have existed in the same capacity. But he doesn’t have to be mentally exhausted, he could just be mentally tired and not fresh because he has no experience at the level he’s playing at and has no one to take the pressure off him in terms of competition from other players or a proven manager. Don’t think anyone is suggesting he’s not physically tired, just a very normal suggestion that a young and inexperienced professional athlete who is now consistently playing at the highest level in a team performing under expectation is probably a bit mentally tired too after a gruelling period of the season.

Are Chelsea even performing under expectations this season? They weren't really tipped for anything great after the transfer ban and losing Hazard. Sure they've been frustratingly inconsistent (if you're a Chelsea fan) - but I think they're doing pretty well all things considered. Anything above 6th (which I think a lot of Chelsea fans were thinking was where they'd end up at the end of the season) has to be seen as a plus. Yes, the table's a bit tight right after Leicester... but I think Chelsea are in a good position to make the CL this season.

If he's tired, mentally or otherwise, that's on Lampard to figure out how best to manage his player through this rough patch of form.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are Chelsea even performing under expectations this season? They weren't really tipped for anything great after the transfer ban and losing Hazard. Sure they've been frustratingly inconsistent (if you're a Chelsea fan) - but I think they're doing pretty well all things considered. Anything above 6th (which I think a lot of Chelsea fans were thinking was where they'd end up at the end of the season) has to be seen as a plus. Yes, the table's a bit tight right after Leicester... but I think Chelsea are in a good position to make the CL this season.

If he's tired, mentally or otherwise, that's on Lampard to figure out how best to manage his player through this rough patch of form.

In comparison to everyone knowing a group of young, inexperienced players and manager won’t achieve anything no. In comparison to Chelsea the financial mammoth yeah. And as realistic as everyone will be that expectation of Chelsea the financial mammoth will be in the back of everyone’s head

It is, but all that was said was thats a reason his performances have dropped from the heights that they were at beginning of the season

21 hours ago, Cicero said:

Ridiculous is to suggest otherwise. I’ve virtually lost track of the amount of times he was beaten by an attacker or caught out of position his first season under Klopp. Teso was wrong about a lot of things but his obsession in highlighting TAA’s flaws that first season served a good purpose in analysing his performance.  The whole telling point was how he needed to improve defensively, and look what happened after couple seasons. 

A shambles defensively but our golden boy was the exception. xD

Teso wasn’t right about anything. Ridiculous to suggest he was. All his opinions on Liverpool were agenda ridden because he didn’t like them. Simple as. I’m not sure he’s seen Trent in his life.

The only thing he was ever right on and could be trusted on was Barcelona’s transfer policy. Otherwise everything else was based on his own love and hatred.

Now that said, I had my doubts about Trent when I saw him in the CL so I can see where you are coming from. Take this with a grain of salt if you will because I’m no expert on him in the PL. for me it’s natural that he didn’t do great early on because he’s not a developed player. I know well that starting out he won’t do well. If you remember I used to say I don’t think Trent would become a top player. Very clearly I was wrong. Partly cos I based it off 2 Liverpool games in PL and the rest in CL, but also because I just saw him as an accomplished player. I didn’t think he’d go on to become this offensive beast that he is now.

Well done to Klopp for having patience. It’s payed off.

Re: Daniel James, since he’s said he was dealing with grief over his dad dying - I think it’s fair to say he has been suffering through some mental fatigue. Because he’s human and anyone losing their dad would be feeling mental fatigue even without being a professional athlete.

If you’ve ever played footy or any sport at a competitive level throughout a season, two or three games a week added with training every day, you would know full well of mental fatigue. Especially to those that would start every game and aren’t rested. 

It’s apparent to those that have never done so given they can’t grasp the sheer concept of it. 

5 hours ago, Vader said:

Teso wasn’t right about anything. Ridiculous to suggest he was. All his opinions on Liverpool were agenda ridden because he didn’t like them. Simple as. I’m not sure he’s seen Trent in his life.

The only thing he was ever right on and could be trusted on was Barcelona’s transfer policy. Otherwise everything else was based on his own love and hatred.

Now that said, I had my doubts about Trent when I saw him in the CL so I can see where you are coming from. Take this with a grain of salt if you will because I’m no expert on him in the PL. for me it’s natural that he didn’t do great early on because he’s not a developed player. I know well that starting out he won’t do well. If you remember I used to say I don’t think Trent would become a top player. Very clearly I was wrong. Partly cos I based it off 2 Liverpool games in PL and the rest in CL, but also because I just saw him as an accomplished player. I didn’t think he’d go on to become this offensive beast that he is now.

Well done to Klopp for having patience. It’s payed off.

So then you agreed with Teso 

• 7 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.e7e0b7e6fba9ecaf898ee61be6369731.png

Leeds United have tabled an offer to sign Daniel James on loan from Manchester United, according to Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth.

It has been widely reported that Marcelo Bielsa wants to add a new winger to his squad before the transfer window slams shut and James, 22, is someone who has reportedly emerged on the Leeds manager’s radar.

Sheth has now claimed that Jadon Sancho’s potential arrival at Man United could push James down the pecking order with an offer to take him on loan currently on the table from Leeds(MOT Leeds News)Arrow.png.967c655f7bbc2bc963663b65e85a627c.png

• The topic was locked

Archived