talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

O'Neil vs Shapiro

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben Shapiro, while I disagree with most of his opinions is a very well spoken and articulate man. Surprising for him to throw such a tantrum... actually he did pitch a fit when a trans-woman (albeit a fucking Marine) threated to beat him up. 

Clever little twat. One of my mates is a pro debater who makes the excellent point that some of Shapiro's opinions are at odds with his massive intellect. He is a guy who is the face of a movement, who clearly has huge money backing him to at times say things he certainly doesn't necessarily believe. He makes a fair point in this interview that the interviewer is literally not asking for any opinion or debate and is just throwing mud at Shapiro. I wouldn't say he 'threw a tantrum'. He certainly wasn't out debated in any way.

27 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Clever little twat. One of my mates is a pro debater who makes the excellent point that some of Shapiro's opinions are at odds with his massive intellect. He is a guy who is the face of a movement, who clearly has huge money backing him to at times say things he certainly doesn't necessarily believe. He makes a fair point in this interview that the interviewer is literally not asking for any opinion or debate and is just throwing mud at Shapiro. I wouldn't say he 'threw a tantrum'. He certainly wasn't out debated in any way.

Well it was an interview, not a debate. The guy clearly didn't like being asked difficult questions and kept trying to change the subject. O'Neil asked a very specific question on a specific (proposed?) law about women going to prison for getting an abortion within a certain period...and he said well would you agree with a late term abortion? He dodged that question then kept going back to O'Neil's "barbaric" statement whenever he didn't like a question.

14 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Well it was an interview, not a debate. The guy clearly didn't like being asked difficult questions and kept trying to change the subject. O'Neil asked a very specific question on a specific (proposed?) law about women going to prison for getting an abortion within a certain period...and he said well would you agree with a late term abortion? He dodged that question then kept going back to O'Neil's "barbaric" statement whenever he didn't like a question.

And? It's an interview. He's allowed to answer or not answer whatever questions he wants. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

And? It's an interview. He's allowed to answer or not answer whatever questions he wants. 

Well you saying he just threw mud at him simply isn't true. He asked difficult questions...he should be able to defend himself.

There was nothing new from Shapiro's answers, if you have watched him before. The only thing different this time was him losing his head, because the other guy wasn't affected by his answers or taunts.

I like how calm O'Neil was. I have seen few of his interviews or debates. Having that experience helps. Doing a great deal of research also helps further more.

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

What an odd comment. He gets spoon fed questions by his adoring, cretinous american followers but as soon as something slightly tricky comes up, he collapses. Shows himself to be an intellectual bully. Like much of the American right-wing. British conservatives would do well to stay far away from the Americans.

• The title was changed to O'Neil vs Shapiro
5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What an odd comment. He gets spoon fed questions by his adoring, cretinous american followers but as soon as something slightly tricky comes up, he collapses. Shows himself to be an intellectual bully. Like much of the American right-wing. British conservatives would do well to stay far away from the Americans.

How. Was. It. Tricky? As I said he would have a prescribed answer, he was clearly not happy with the nature of the interview, not the nature of that specific question. 

Ben Shapiro is an intellectual fraud and seeing him utterly humiliated like this was great

54 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

How. Was. It. Tricky? As I said he would have a prescribed answer, he was clearly not happy with the nature of the interview, not the nature of that specific question. 

He wasn’t happy with the nature of the interview because he’s used to softball questions from American “journalists” that agree with everything he said.

When asked to defend his ideological positions or explain things from his book that were inconsistent with things he’d said in the past, he just had an absolute meltdown.

”How dare you quote things I’ve said back at me, what a dirty interviewing tactic! I am famous you are just doing this to me because I’m famous!!!” is absolutely having a tantrum.

He was ironically honest though when he said he has a whole website of stupid things he’s said xD

He’s literally addressed every contradiction or inconsistency he’s said in the past, well before this interview. His meltdown was a result of being unaware how O'Neil interviews let alone know who he is. Ben called him a leftie for goodness sake. 

It's hilarious that Shapiro genuinely convinced himself he was smart after 10 years of "debating" Tucker Carlson and kids just out high school. 

Shapiro is an idiot's idea of an intellectual. He starts from insane and unfounded preconceptions about "Judeo-Christian" ethics and from there flies into even more batshit opinions. He's a racist and a religious fundamentalist cos-playing as a political theorist.  He's also a midget that speaks like a Tickle-me Elmo just to put the cherry on top.

He's like a little puppet in a suit that corporate interests have rammed their hand up the arse of because he gets internet edge-lords to vote.

Also don't underrate the fact that he says that virginity is cool. That alone is enough to get quite a lot of people to rally around you.

• 1 month later...

Archived