talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ivan Rakitić to Inter or Man Utd?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Nor should he! He would be a big miss, I don't understand why anyone is even contemplating getting rid of him to be honest. 

Arthur, de Jong and Busquets mate... Rakitić has been eternally a first team player and is a premium world footballer which carries weight.

Busquets is obviously not getting any younger but he like Xavi and Iniesta, is unique, there's nobody like him in the world of football and he gets to play out his career at the club where he was born. This is where I bring in Carles Aleñá who from haflway through this season started to make more appearances and has slowly gained more and more merited protagonism toward the end of the campaign. Everyone goes on about giving La Masia players a chance (using that as one of the sticks to hit Barça with by the hating brigade)  like they used to be given but if the slots are taken up by ageing but still valid premium players, then you ask yourself where the cutting point should be and it's not an easy answer to give other than "you need strength in depth" with a quality squad.

One thing has to be made clear... By no means is Rakitić being blamed for anything negative neither is he being used as any sort of a scapegoat. Just the fact that he's still very marketable and is a damned fine player, one that you can still charge a decent price for and that there are few like him and can play in any top team in Europe.

Latest news on Ivan Rakitić is that Man Utd are deep into negotiations with FC Barcelona... Inter have sent three directors to Barcelona to speak to Barça this evening as they were under the impression that there were no sticking points. Apparently Manchester United have made an offer Barcelona can't refuse! :o

Just now, Danny said:

Thought United were after young players?

I don't know why they would want to do that because their first priority should be to gain a winning mentality again and players like Rakitić have that in abundance. You don't get less than 100% commitment and quality with someone like him and plus he also fits into what United are about these days which is that Rakitić is very marketable.

In saying all of this, Raktić's wife has alot of say in his career decisions and she's Spanish (Andalucian) which in my personal opinion would mean she would favour the option of Milan before Manchester. This is going to be interesting.

Rakitic: Not joining Inter

Ivan Rakitic has made it clear that he will not be joining Inter this summer. “I’m happy at Barcelona, leaving has never crossed my mind.”

Rakitic has been heavily linked with Inter for some time and Mundo Deportivo reported earlier in May that the Nerazzurri were close to agreeing a fee for the Barca midfielder.

However, the 31-year-old told the newspaper: “I don’t know why they link me to Inter. I can’t explain it.

“I respect other teams very much. Inter are a great team and we played against them this season.

“I have teammates and I respect them, but one thing doesn’t take the other away. I’m where I want to be and if Inter are thinking about me then it’s because I’m doing well, but I’m happy at Barca.

“My family and daughters are happy here too. I’m not thinking about anything else.

“It’s a situation that wasn’t created by me. On my part, there isn’t any doubt.

“I have a three-year contract here and this is where I want to be, where I’m happy.

“I’m doing things very well here and I’m not thinking about anything else. I understand you [journalists] talk and that everyone has their opinion.

“I respect Inter, but the thought of leaving has never crossed my mind.”

I think I posted elsewhere that Raquel and the two girls are No 1 priority.

26 minutes ago, Eco said:

“My family and daughters are happy here too. I’m not thinking about anything else. 

Since the time in Seville and following the marriage, family has always been first.  Sometimes the job takes second place - Office or Field it matters not before 'Dom'

Španjolska je sada moj dom.

• The topic was locked

Archived