talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Australian Politics

football forum

14 hours ago, Harry said:

The man who stood behind George Pell all the way through his trials and even to today? You sure?

George Pell is a ‘good religious’ man, Porter is not. That’s the distinction, if Porter was down at the church every weekend it’s a different story…

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/05/2022 at 11:50, Devil-Dick Willie said:

1. You can't compare our GDP to the OECD behemoths. The US and Australia have vastly different styles of economies. 

2. It's not 5.1%. It was over 2% last quarter, meaning the number will be over 8% within the next couple. 

3. Our Inflation number has been fucked by the liberals harder than a kid in a confessional. They removed housing for example. What do you think the number might be if you added housing back into it? A commodity with an average price of a milly that's risen 30% in a year? 

Just wanna pat myself on the back here. Inflation over 8% as predicted. Don't fuck with me on economics lads.

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Of a prediction that absolutely shits on what the reserve bank and ex prime minister said less than 6 months ago? 

I didn't make inflation 8%, I just called the shot hahaha.

Shitting on Scomo is like shittin on a toilet

@Harry @Spike @Toinho

Emperor Morrison had 5 ministerial roles in addition to being PM in secret xD Even the minsters he was sharing portfolios with didn't know he'd been sworn in. 

Are you gonna add that to your list of cool and normal things liberals have done that labor totally would have done as well @Harry

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Harry @Spike @Toinho

Emperor Morrison had 5 ministerial roles in addition to being PM in secret xD Even the minsters he was sharing portfolios with didn't know he'd been sworn in. 

Are you gonna add that to your list of cool and normal things liberals have done that labor totally would have done as well @Harry

What does that even mean? He just vested ministerial powers onto himself? How is that legal

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Harry @Spike @Toinho

Whatever it takes to keep radical wokeness at bay 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why would they even agree to that

Labor member for Bruce Julian Hill said Morrison was ultimately to blame, but he had “embroiled the governor-general and his entire former cabinet” in the saga.

It is extremely rare for sitting MPs to criticise the governor-general. It is also unclear whether, and to what extent, Hurley did question the then-prime minister before proceeding with the secret ministerial appointments.

“The governor-general seems to have effectively participated in a scheme that misled the cabinet, the parliament and the public as to the allocation of ministerial power,” he told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.

“While I like and respect the man, I’m struggling to see how the governor-general’s position remains tenable.

“At the very least, the entire dodgy fiasco must be the subject of a serious inquiry which surely must include evidence from and regarding the role of the governor-general.”

Former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull said Hurley should explain his thought process at the time.

“The governor-general is not just a rubber stamp. They have a Constitution to uphold,” Turnbull said on ABC radio.

Turnbull said if he had attempted to secretly appoint himself to a ministry, neither former governor-general Peter Cosgrove nor his own senior staff would have allowed it.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

There is still no motive mentioned

Oh, just google that shit my doode.

But the long and short of it, is that in a health crisis the health minister gets emergency powers, so he made himself health minister so the other health minister couldn't go above him. 

he made himself resources minister to close down a gas project that was unpopular close to the election.

Why he held the other positions god knows. 

37 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Oh, just google that shit my doode.

But the long and short of it, is that in a health crisis the health minister gets emergency powers, so he made himself health minister so the other health minister couldn't go above him. 

he made himself resources minister to close down a gas project that was unpopular close to the election.

Why he held the other positions god knows. 

No I mean for the GG. I know why Scomo did it

• 3 weeks later...

Archived