talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jeremy Kyle Show Suspended After Guest Dies

football forum

• Subscriber

Not that I like the show, I could not stand it but something bad must have happened on it for ITV to suspend the show indefinitely, the wife loved the show and sorry to hear of the death but I am glad they have taken the show off the air, the wife is not happy though. :whistling:

1688819931_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.38baa9d8292c508fc5c1e82a5a65fb00.png

Jeremy Kyle Show suspended after guest death

ITV has suspended The Jeremy Kyle show after a guest died shortly after filming, and is conducting a review into the episode "given the seriousness of this event".

The broadcaster took Monday's show off air and replaced it with a repeat of Dickinson's Real Deal.

The participant from the episode died a week after recording it.

ITV said everyone at the show is "shocked and saddened" and "thoughts are with the family and friends".

DNA tests and lie detectors

It will not screen the episode and said both filming and broadcasting were suspended with "immediate effect".

The show has been broadcast in its mid-morning slot since 2005. Its guests discuss relationship issues and conflicts with each other in front of Kyle's studio audience.

It is well-known for its often heated debates, with Kyle mediating between guests.

The show's website asks for participants to contact the programme to discuss issues involving DNA and lie detector tests, fighting with an ex over access to a child, feuding families, break-ups, relationship problems, bad parents, addictions, and reunions.

It is the most popular show on ITV's daytime schedule, with an average of one million viewers and a 22% audience share.

The show had been due to screen an episode with troubled ex-EastEnders star Danniella Westbrook as its guest on 14 May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48253358

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surprised this hasn't happened before, it's a show to sneer at the bewildered, desperate and stupid. It reflects what our society has become.

Never liked the show from day one but the wife loved the show, I tried to tell her its just a show that likes to belittle people who are hard done by and a lot that went on that show more than likely rushed home after the show and watched recordings of themselves thinking they were movie stars.

I know that Kyle guy did like shouting at guests with his two big beefy bodyguards beside him, and apparently, the death was something to do with a guy failing a lie detector test to do with cheating on his fiance, which he denied, took the test and it came up as he was lying and pound to a penny this Kyle guy started pumping his gums at the guy for being a liar and the guy flipped, lie detector tests have been proved they are not a 100% reliable. 

I would tell the wife to record the show and watch it when I was not around but sometimes It would start when I was sitting there, glad the fucking show is gone now anyway but I bet bloody Sky will grab Kyle and make another programme similar. 

• Administrator

About time this show got canned. 

Ended up just being an ego-stroking exercise for Jeremy Kyle for about an hour each day and at times a slanging/shouting match between himself and/or guests.

• The title was changed to Jeremy Kyle Show Suspended After Guest Dies
6 hours ago, Danny said:

It’s a level of exploitation we’ve accepted for years, one of those things you’ll look back on and wonder how anyone ever watched it

Some mad headlines from it

I hope it gets cancelled permanently. Jeremy Kyle is a bully. It's just about embarrassing people

It's not said, but it seems plainly obvious that the guest died as a result of something that happened on the show. This is bad

Noel Edmonds bounced back, but he was just a presenter. This was the Jeremy Kyle Show in name as well as nature.

Jeremy Kyle, Simon Cowell, Gordan Ramsey, Alan Sugar. The lot of them made their success on tearing people down. The TV dehumanises the victims otherwise it would be uncomfortable to watch. 

You never know what someone is going through. These shows always have their guests sign waivers to relinquish themselves of any responsibility. The sort of if you can't handle it don't sign up get out clause.

Never liked him or the show.. has a couple of bouncers on there to protect him if things get out of hand which he always provokes with his over the top judgmental attitude and big mouth..  Why the hell people agree to go on that show is beyond me... 

• Subscriber

Kyle hosted an American show like this and it only lasted two years, it amazes me how long it lasted here in the UK, apparently, he became a millionaire thanks to this show, glad it's gone down the pan.

The Jeremy Kyle Show was an American daytime television tabloid talk show presented by Jeremy Kyle that debuted in the United States and Canada on September 19, 2011. The series was based on Kyle's British talk series of the same name. The series was taped in New York. The program was a co-production of ITV Studios' U.S. subsidiary, ITV Studios America and Debmar-Mercury, which served as distributor for the U.S. version while ITV kept all international rights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jeremy_Kyle_Show_(U.S._TV_series)

1565205759_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.68fc4fcdca3a6deec5b649ebdea66991.png

Jeremy Kyle Show: Audience member recalls Steven Dymond episode

Babette Lucas-Marriott was in The Jeremy Kyle Show audience when Steven Dymond's story was filmed.

The 63-year-old man, from Portsmouth, was found dead after appearing on the programme, in which he took a lie detector test.

Ms Lucas-Marriot said the show was "uncomfortable" viewing and that Mr Dymond and his fiance were "completely and utterly devastated".

ITV has already suspended both filming and broadcasting of The Jeremy Kyle Show, and the episode in question will not be screened.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-48276792/jeremy-kyle-show-audience-member-recalls-steven-dymond-episode

Seems as though they have taken it off air for good now... 

ITV has confirmed the decision that it will not air The Jeremy Kyle Show any more because of the ‘gravity of recent events’. Carolyn McCall, ITV’s CEO, announced: ‘Given the gravity of recent events we have decided to end production of The Jeremy Kyle Show. ‘The Jeremy Kyle Show has had a loyal audience and has been made by a dedicated production team for 14 years, but now is the right time for the show to end. ‘Everyone at ITV’s thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of Steve Dymond.’ The cancellation comes after Jeremy Kyle guest Steve Dymond was found dead in his bedroom just days after his appearance on the show.

About time... 

• Subscriber

I read this earlier and I am amazed how the big knobs at ITV let this happen or knew about it if true.

1423586017_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.c4e8738edeef779cada5d35f8e7c1269.png

Jeremy Kyle Show: 'I used to work as a runner'

The Jeremy Kyle Show has been suspended after a guest was found dead following the recording of an episode.

The news has opened up a debate around the most popular show on ITV's daytime schedule.

Below is a glimpse of what it's like to work on the programme from a former employee, who wants to remain anonymous:

I have a confession to make. I worked on The Jeremy Kyle Show.

I was what the TV industry calls a runner - someone who, funnily enough, runs about the place fetching food for crew members, making tea and coffee and looking after guests coming onto the programme.

I did it for a month about three years ago and had also been working on other programmes before I came to Kyle.

"Studio days", when the live audience are there and the programme is recorded, were really long. There was no leaving the building unless it was to get the director a katsu curry or to calm down a guest by taking them outside for a cig.

I saw things that you would never imagine happening on any other TV programme - guests running around the place uncontrollably, screaming and swearing at production crew. Guests and producers would argue and you can guarantee a guest would tell you "where to go".

Runners were given a headset and clipboard that opened up - a useful place to store a pack of 20 cigarettes - and a lighter for guests who wanted a smoke before and after recordings.

The cigarettes were provided by ITV because guests can't bring them in the studio.

Guests were put up in a hotel close to the studio, sometimes with access to a minibar so they could get wasted the night before.

A friend who also worked on the show told me guests from the programme were banned from certain hotels because rooms were being trashed.

Runners now have to ferry people to and from a hotel miles away from the studio in taxis.

The clothes you see the guests wear are sometimes not their own. The show might give them a basic jeans and T-shirt combo or sometimes a more stereotypical tracksuit and hoodie look - and those have to be given back afterwards.

Guests had separate hotel rooms, dressing rooms, and green rooms - and their assigned runner on studio day would walk them around via selected coloured corridors to avoid contact.

Runners would warn colleagues through the headset that they were taking their guest through the yellow corridor to make-up, for example. If you had the guest on the opposing side, you knew to use the blue corridor to avoid any conflict - producers wanted any arguments saved for the actual programme.

Producers and researchers would be talking to guests for hours before the show began, passing information across. I heard them saying things like, "You won't believe what I just heard your fella say to me just now".

On one occasion I was in the dressing room and overheard a producer tell a guest that their girlfriend had called them a "slag". This was normal - you didn't even question it.

Just before going on-air, the producer or researcher stood with guests just inches away from where they would meet Jezza for the first (and probably last) time, and say one final remark.

I once heard a producer tell a guest: "We don't want you to be violent - but you do whatever you need to do out there."

Sometimes, if guests don't like the way Jeremy has treated them or the show hasn't gone their way, they could get aggressive and even violent towards production staff.

Producers suddenly changed their tune if that happened.

Jeremy once called a guest I was looking after a liar because he failed a lie-detector test.

The guest stormed off stage, pushed me over and the producer ran after them, screaming at them to come back.

I remember them saying something along the lines of… "You can't go. Have you forgotten what she said about you? Get back in there and tell her what you think!"

Radio 1 Newsbeat contacted ITV about the claims made in this article by the former employee. A spokesman says it does "not recognise this characterisation" of The Jeremy Kyle Show.

In a more general statement to the BBC, ITV said The Jeremy Kyle Show "has significant and detailed duty of care processes in place for contributors pre, during and post-show".

ITV says its "guest welfare team" - made up of a consultant psychotherapist and three mental health nurses - looks after people coming onto the show.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48266570

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

I saw this thread, and then the news, but have honestly never heard of Jeremy Kyle or this show. 

He had the same show in America in 2011 and it lasted two years. 

The Jeremy Kyle Show was an American daytime television tabloid talk show presented by Jeremy Kyle that debuted in the United States and Canada on September 19, 2011. The series was based on Kyle's British talk series of the same name. The series was taped in New York. The program was a co-production of ITV Studios' U.S. subsidiary, ITV Studios America and Debmar-Mercury, which served as distributor for the U.S. version while ITV kept all international rights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jeremy_Kyle_Show_(U.S._TV_series)

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The worst thing about Jeremy Kyle show is that nobody ended up managing to punch the cunt on there.

They more than likely tried but he always had them big bouncers protecting him, that's why he liked yelling at guests and pointing his fingers at people. 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Eco said:

Still have never heard of him. 

Sounds like a cunt though. 

He loved yelling at the guests and telling them to "SHUT UP..." I think he liked listening to his own voice, many a time I have said to the wife "Turn that shit off for fuck's sake..." she would then record it and watch it when I was not around.

On 15/05/2019 at 10:21, Eco said:

Still have never heard of him. 

Sounds like a cunt though. 

It's one of those shows where they get people who have personal issues, like drugs/alcohol, relationship issues, dysfunctional families, shit like that... then Jeremy Kyle would verbally berate these people on these personal issues, so they'd react on camera for people to watch them meltdown in anger or grief.

He's a fucking arsehole and his show was utter shite.

On 15/05/2019 at 07:41, Harvsky said:

Jeremy Kyle, Simon Cowell, Gordan Ramsey, Alan Sugar. The lot of them made their success on tearing people down. The TV dehumanises the victims otherwise it would be uncomfortable to watch. 

You never know what someone is going through. These shows always have their guests sign waivers to relinquish themselves of any responsibility. The sort of if you can't handle it don't sign up get out clause.

To be fair Simon cowle isn't as bad though. Gordon Ramsey is another prick. He's actually quite unpopular with chefs because they feel he gives the industry a bad name and is a bully

On 19/05/2019 at 01:55, Gunnersauraus said:

To be fair Simon cowle isn't as bad though. Gordon Ramsey is another prick. He's actually quite unpopular with chefs because they feel he gives the industry a bad name and is a bully

He's not actually like what he is on TV if you ever meet him, he's literally playing a character for the cameras. Reality TV isn't very real at all, and Gordon Ramsey's character sells really well to viewers - he's good at reality TV and is also a world famous chef with Michelin star restaurants.

His career in the industry gives his show "credibility" but his on screen persona is what made him a star. You can see it in the difference in his shows before he went over to America, where he was far more tame. In America, he had a more outlandish and angry character... and then he got big. He was already big in the culinary world, now he was an international TV star... and it was built on that persona. So he plays to that character because it keeps him popular and keeps him making money from being on the telly.

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's not actually like what he is on TV if you ever meet him, he's literally playing a character for the cameras. Reality TV isn't very real at all, and Gordon Ramsey's character sells really well to viewers - he's good at reality TV and is also a world famous chef with Michelin star restaurants.

His career in the industry gives his show "credibility" but his on screen persona is what made him a star. You can see it in the difference in his shows before he went over to America, where he was far more tame. In America, he had a more outlandish and angry character... and then he got big. He was already big in the culinary world, now he was an international TV star... and it was built on that persona. So he plays to that character because it keeps him popular and keeps him making money from being on the telly.

There is no doubt he is worse on American TV. However he still is a bully in my opinion. Catering is miles begins other industries in terms of how you get treated. 

Archived