talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 1 - Continental

football forum

I don't get deducting points on wrong answers.

Part of the fun is that this game doesn't take much effort. Google it and then send the first thing you see. If I made it a quiz or a trivia it would be more complex and I don't want that. I just want it to be "who could get the same answer" to make it simple.

Besides, I didn't make the rules of this game. I could alter them if I wanted to, but like I said I don't see the point. We're not guessing "right answers". It also makes for a good laugh every so often.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

The aim of the game is to think like the herd man!

For example if the question is what's the capital of Brazil or Canada I'd evaluate how many people would know the true answer, how many would Google it and how many would wrongly guess the most prominent City in that nation.

So you think we are all dumb? Only berserker is then haha. I’m only stirring.

just wanna clarify does question 2 of the new round say European beer or bear? 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

It's comiiiing home, it's comiiiing home, it's coming, the gang is coming home.

Is what 5 of you will be saying because we've saved the homecoming for last, Europe.

Round 6 - Europe (FINAL ROUND for Season 1)

1. A British Prime Minister

2. A European Beer Brand

3. An island belonging to Spain or Portugal (island name and not just "the canaries")

4. An east European country besides Russia

5. A city country (basically a country that's just one city)

6. A Greek City besides Athens

8. A German footballer

9. A former European nation

10. A Eurovision winner (only country name)

Good luck!

@Berserker @Stan @nudge @CaaC - John @Toinho @Harry @Bluebird Hewitt @Mel81x @Dr. Gonzo @Eco

Where is Q7?

Just now, Toinho said:

I think it should be Bier? 😉 🍺

By the way I just realized I'm missing a question 7. I just updated it and added that in. Sorry about that :D 

6 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Fuzakeru na baka gayjin!

Haha, my answers too were based on what i thought most would answer as that's the objective of the game, and i didn't use google on the vast majority of them. I also  knew other Indian foods such as masala and tandoori chicken.

Anyhow, I don't want to start a new thread yet but these are the potential topics of the next season. Lets have a vote.

Entertainment (TV, Music, Video Games, Film, etc.)

Football

What do we want?

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

I find this a bit surprising an answer. Did Iran win because it's most topical at the moment with Trump or do people just see it as the most prominent country in the region?

I picked it cos it’s where my mum’s from 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Anyhow, I don't want to start a new thread yet but these are the potential topics of the next season. Lets have a vote.

Entertainment (TV, Music, Video Games, Film, etc.)

Football

What do we want?

Just a suggestion but maybe a different topic each round would be a good idea? Entertainment; sports; history; geography; culture; nature; etc. - the possibilities are endless!

Just now, nudge said:

Just a suggestion but maybe a different topic each round would be a good idea? Entertainment; sports; history; geography; culture; nature; etc. - the possibilities are endless!

What do others think about this idea?

I'd personally think a theme adds a bigger sense of what's coming but this is what we used to do on the old forum, with occasional seasons with themes.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Harry said:

I find this a bit surprising an answer. Did Iran win because it's most topical at the moment with Trump or do people just see it as the most prominent country in the region?

A bit of both. For me it's the most prominent country in the region but I mostly named it because I thought others would due to the recent exposure in the news.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

TBF I thought a lot of people would have gone with this or Biryani or Butter Chicken. 

Nearly put chicken biryani or samosa as well! 

34 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Have you been? @Stan

Yep. Back in 2001.

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Most prominent country for me. 

27 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Traitorous bastard, thought at least you would go with curry as i doubt anyone has called you a tandoori chicken dripping cunt. :ph34r:

That's the official theory, i'll go with the alternative of it being a Hindu/Shiva temple at some point like when everyone believed the earth wasn't round except Galileo Galilei. :ph34r:

It's fun.

It's official fact as well xD

Pretty sure it's always been a mausoleum and home of a tomb for the wife of emperor Shah Jahan. Pretty sure as well its always had Islamic/Muslim links as opposed to Hindu. 

• Subscriber

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

6 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

What do others think about this idea?

9_9 Whatever, I am enjoying the game anyway.

Answers all done and posted :ay:

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not really, all you hear about in the news nowadays is the Iran crisis or bloody Brexit and our next PM, by the way, the ITV News has just come on and it started off about.........

BORIS JOHNSTON AND FUCKING BREXIT!!!! smackhead.gif blah.gif

6 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

An Indian Dish

Samosa - 2

Mel81x

Nudge

Curry - 2

Berserker

Harry

Aces

Naan - Eco

Korma - Toinho

Chicken Tikka Masala - Dr Gonzo

Rogan Josh - Bluebird Hewitt

Tandoori Chicken - Stan

Aloo Gobi - Caac John

Fuck sake, I was looking for a few minutes trying to find not just a curry but one that is generally considered Indian (hence why I didn't put Chicken Tikka Masala), then see that two just put curry. Wankers. xD

6 hours ago, Berserker said:

It was invented in India though. B|

Dissapointed no-one else chose Israel and Taj Mahal.

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

Haha I almost said curry...oh but the Taj Mahal is not a temple?

I was thinking Taj Mahal but like you said, I wouldn't have classed it as a temple. 

Randomly, I was double checking if the Taj Mahal would be classed as a temple so quickly Google'd it and had this as my main result. 

Screenshot_20190525_122158_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fuck sake, I was looking for a few minutes trying to find not just a curry but one that is generally considered Indian (hence why I didn't put Chicken Tikka Masala), then see that two just put curry. Wankers. xD

I was thinking Taj Mahal but like you said, I wouldn't have classed it as a temple. 

Randomly, I was double checking if the Taj Mahal would be classed as a temple so quickly Google'd it and had this as my main result. 

Screenshot_20190525_122158_com.android.chrome.jpg

That's more of a temple to some than Taj Mahal is to anyone else no doubt xD 

Table after Round 5

1. @Harry - 230 points (57)

2. @Stan - 213 points (40)

3. @nudge - 208 points (58)

4. @Dr. Gonzo - 204 points (50)

5. @Eco - 203 points (49)

6. @Mel81x - 188 points (45)

7. @Bluebird Hewitt - 185 points (49)

8. @Toinho - 181 points (51)

9. @CaaC - John - 146 points (34)

10. @Berserker - 51 points

11. SirBalon - 38 points (N/A)

12. Cannabis - 31 points (N/A)

Quick disclaimer: I have counted up the scores, but I am missing 1 answer and that was the question of folklore number 7 which I stupidly forgot to include in the original setup and I didn't see this certain member had forgot to exclude it, so we are going to have to wait until they come online to answer it.

Apologies everyone, but I fucked up twice here. The second problem was I didn't elaborate on a specific question, which we will reveal within time. We all have our faults! I'll stay up though. Every other score has been counted up.

Archived