The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 1 - Continental

football forum

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh I didn’t see he lumped Alaska in with Canada xD

He lumped Alaska in with the Canadian territories....

I didn't know what that was but I assumed they were like the territories we have in Australia... northern territory and Australian capital territory... Weird places that aren't states that nobody goes. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Just realised that you're not supposed to try and get a unique answer. 

Fucking hell :dash3:

😂 I was stunned by your picking Brooklyn nets as your NBA franchise... Makes so much more sense now 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

😂 I was stunned by your picking Brooklyn nets as your NBA franchise... Makes so much more sense now 

I had to Google them because thought he'd made them up xD. Didn't realise it was just New Jersey's team renamed.

2 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Regarding the next question, I think some people need to read up what a "Canadian territory" actually is xD

The question is a city IN  a territory. Not the name of a territory. 

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

He lumped Alaska in with the Canadian territories....

I didn't know what that was but I assumed they were like the territories we have in Australia... northern territory and Australian capital territory... Weird places that aren't states that nobody goes. 

I read the question as a city in Alaska or a city in the Canadian Territories. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

The question is a city IN  a territory. Not the name of a territory. 

Toronto is in the province of Ontario though - not in one of Canadian territories. Canadian territories = Nunavut, Yukon, and Nortwest Territories. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Toronto is in the province of Ontario though - not in one of Canadian territories. Canadian territories = Nunavut, Yukon, and Nortwest Territories. 

Well then that's  dumb question. xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Why? Granted there's confusion because obviously not everyone knows what the term "Canadian territories" mean; especially not people outside of North America...

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I thought it was fairly easy to understand :/

Can understand why @Grizzly21 would say people need to understand what a Canadian Territory is, not Canada itself.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Why? Granted there's confusion because obviously not everyone knows what the term "Canadian territories" mean; especially not people outside of North America...

It's partially a joke, because I have never distinguished between the words province and territories in Canada. I have to travel to Toronto and Montreal quite often, but have never been told a difference. Doesn't matter, still got a handful of points. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I thought it was fairly easy to understand :/

Can understand why @Grizzly21 would say people need to understand what a Canadian Territory is, not Canada itself.

Did you honestly know the difference between between the two in Canada though? You did the smart play and just went with a city in Alaska. xD

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

It's partially a joke, because I have never distinguished between the words province and territories in Canada. I have to travel to Toronto and Montreal quite often, but have never been told a difference. Doesn't matter, still got a handful of points. 

Did you honestly know the difference between between the two in Canada though? You did the smart play and just went with a city in Alaska. xD

Well, kinda. If he wanted a city in Canada, I guess that would have been said as the category. The fact he's said Canadian Territory, I figured it's not going to be as obvious as a city in Canada and the more obscure regions away from the mainland. And as I don't know any cities in those Canadian territories, I took the easier (or smarter perhaps) option of knowing a city in Alaska :D 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Without a doubt. People know Alaska. 

My first read of the question though had me thinking Vancouver but then I noticed the territories reference.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Well, kinda. If he wanted a city in Canada, I guess that would have been said as the category. The fact he's said Canadian Territory, I figured it's not going to be as obvious as a city in Canada and the more obscure regions away from the mainland. And as I don't know any cities in those Canadian territories, I took the easier (or smarter perhaps) option of knowing a city in Alaska :D 

Just now, Harry said:

Without a doubt. People know Alaska. 

My first read of the question though had me thinking Vancouver but then I noticed the territories reference.

I'll blame my last of knowledge in. They make a big deal out of their Providences, just wasn't aware of the territories factor. 

Just now, Harry said:

P.s I don't know how do many people knew of Dutch colonies in the Caribbean....!

I knew of Curacao because we have some people here in Atlanta that are from there. I had no idea of Aruba being one (if it is, in fact a correct answer)

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Harry said:

P.s I don't know how do many people knew of Dutch colonies in the Caribbean....!

Only knew Curacao and Suriname.

34 minutes ago, nudge said:

Very easy to understand 

Archived