• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniele de Rossi - Boca Juniors Sign Veteran Midfielder

football forum

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OFFICIAL: De Rossi to leave Roma

Roma have announced that Daniele De Rossi will leave the club at the end of the season.

Roma tweeted on Tuesday morning that their home match against Parma on May 26 would be De Rossi’s final game at the Olimpico.

Furthermore, their official website confirmed the 35-year-old would not be retiring as he ‘plans to pursue a new adventure away from Rome.’

His next club could be revealed at a Press conference, which he plans to hold at 11:45 BST.

The midfielder was born in the Italian capital and came through the Giallorossi’s youth system, before making his first-team debut in 2001.

He has gone on to play 615 times for the Lupi, winning two Coppa Italia and one Supercoppa, and replaced Francesco Totti as their full-time captain.

De Rossi also represented Italy on 117 occasions, forming part of the Azzurri team who lifted the 2006 World Cup.

3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/daniele-de-rossi-reveals-where-he-wants-to-end-his-career-and-it-10878

He spoke about finishing his career elsewhere, over two years ago. 

Looking to either finish in the US or playing for Boca Juniors.

No way does it really go to Boca...absolutely no way. 

I'm not sure where in the MLS he'd go...Chicago, Cincy, Colorado, Houston, Montreal, New England, NY Red Bulls, Philly, SJ Earthquakes are the only teams with an open DP spot. 

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

I always found him vastly overrated.

I dont think anyone ever claimed he was like the best midfielder on earth or anything, just an elite box to box midfielder who could have played in much better teams than he did. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Apologies for the ignorance but why have they done that? Any reason? 

I'm guessing they're just appreciative of the contribution he made to Italian football, perhaps internationally, too. Tribute to his loyalty as well maybe.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing they're just appreciative of the contribution he made to Italian football, perhaps internationally, too. Tribute to his loyalty as well maybe.

Seems a bit odd. Suppose the World Cup win may be part of it but you, largely, wouldn’t get that sort of reaction in England.

• The title was changed to Daniele de Rossi - Heading to LAFC?
Report: De Rossi to LAFC

Former Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi has reportedly agreed to join MLS side Los Angeles FC.

De Rossi was thought to have been closing in on a move to Boca Juniors, but ESPN claims De Rossi will accept an offer from LAFC instead.

The Los Angeles outfit were only founded in 2014 and debuted in MLS last year, finishing fifth in the overall table.

They currently have two Designated Players in former Arsenal attacker Carlos Vela and Uruguayan forward Diego Rossi.

• 1 month later...

De Rossi is close to Boca Juniors. 

That´s cool, it´ll be make even sweeter when Athletico eliminate Boca in Libertadores with De Rossi. xD

Having said that, I really like the move. Living in LA is nice, but playing in a club like Boca Jrs. from a sportive standpoint is a much better move.

• The title was changed to Daniele de Rossi - Heading to Boca Juniors?

Archived