talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would You Rather?

football forum

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh definitely falling from an aircraft. I'd be dead either way but the thought of suffocating alone makes me panic haha. 

Would you rather be transported permanently 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?

Fantastic question. Almost thread worthy. 

Past for me. No doubt. I yearn for simpler times. My brain struggles with how complicated the world is becoming and I think I'd be ok with even the worst possible scenarios of life in 1519. So much greatness still undiscovered in that era.

Would you rather live in and own an apartment in a big city with a short commute,  or have a greater commute into said city but live in a full sized house with land vegie patch and a garden?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh definitely falling from an aircraft. I'd be dead either way but the thought of suffocating alone makes me panic haha. 

Would you rather be transported permanently 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?

Go back to the past as I'd have some knowledge of what life would be like in the 1500s so could prepare for that in some way. Henry VIII was ruling so it would be intriguing as to what life was like under his rule.

The future in 5 years frightens in some ways, let alone 500 years xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Go back to the past as I'd have some knowledge of what life would be like in the 1500s so could prepare for that in some way. Henry VIII was ruling so it would be intriguing as to what life was like under his rule.

The future in 5 years frightens in some ways, let alone 500 years xD

Agreed. I'm not sure I see a multi billion populated earth in 500 years time. 

In the past scenario I guess I might be confusedly roaming around an undeveloped Australia as the only white person on the island. Or I'd be where my European ancestors hailed from... either way I'd take that over the future. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agreed. I'm not sure I see a multi billion populated earth in 500 years time. 

In the past scenario I guess I might be confusedly roaming around an undeveloped Australia as the only white person on the island. Or I'd be where my European ancestors hailed from... either way I'd take that over the future. 

Similarly I'm not sure how many brown people roamed the UK, if any, so I'll face the same concerns as you do xD 

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Harry said:

Fantastic question. Almost thread worthy. 

Past for me. No doubt. I yearn for simpler times. My brain struggles with how complicated the world is becoming and I think I'd be ok with even the worst possible scenarios of life in 1519. So much greatness still undiscovered in that era.

Would you rather live in and own an apartment in a big city with a short commute,  or have a greater commute into said city but live in a full sized house with land vegie patch and a garden?

Full-sized house with garden and veggie patch if necessary. Land can provide more value in the long run as opposed to being in the hustle and bustle of a big city. More independence and control owning your own house as opposed to being in an apartment where there's probably certain things you can/can't do - plus you may own your own apartment but the block may be under different ownership so could be restricted in how you can change or amend some things internally/externally. Plus there's also the noise concern in a big city apartment (I'm thinking NY, central London etc where traffic is just madness most of the time, not to mention footfall of pedestrians). 

The commute wouldn't bother me too much as long as it's reasonable and not something stupid like 2 hours each way. I think an hour max either driving or on train would be sufficient.

Would you rather never be able to tell the time again or always be late to any future meeting/date/appointment?

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Stan said:

Full-sized house with garden and veggie patch if necessary. Land can provide more value in the long run as opposed to being in the hustle and bustle of a big city. More independence and control owning your own house as opposed to being in an apartment where there's probably certain things you can/can't do - plus you may own your own apartment but the block may be under different ownership so could be restricted in how you can change or amend some things internally/externally. Plus there's also the noise concern in a big city apartment (I'm thinking NY, central London etc where traffic is just madness most of the time, not to mention footfall of pedestrians). 

The commute wouldn't bother me too much as long as it's reasonable and not something stupid like 2 hours each way. I think an hour max either driving or on train would be sufficient.

Would you rather never be able to tell the time again or always be late to any future meeting/date/appointment?

Ooh that's a tough one. I think I'd rather be late to any future meeting etc. Not being able to tell the time would just be horrendous and I'd be late to every meeting/date/appointment anyway. Spotify, Netflix and BBC iPlayer etc would help me watch anything I'd missed on the TV etc.

Would you rather have your every thought broadcast out loud from your mouth or be forced to lie everytime you speak?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 15/01/2019 at 18:32, Pyfish said:

Ooh that's a tough one. I think I'd rather be late to any future meeting etc. Not being able to tell the time would just be horrendous and I'd be late to every meeting/date/appointment anyway. Spotify, Netflix and BBC iPlayer etc would help me watch anything I'd missed on the TV etc.

Would you rather have your every thought broadcast out loud from your mouth or be forced to lie everytime you speak?

Every thought broadcast out loud. It would surely get very awkward but still better than lying every time...

Would you rather live one life that lasts 1,000 years or live 10 lives that last 100 years each?

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Every thought broadcast out loud. It would surely get very awkward but still better than lying every time...

Would you rather live one life that lasts 1,000 years or live 10 lives that last 100 years each?

10 Lives of 100 years each. 

Feel like the idea of losing so many loved ones, over and over again would get too hard. 

Would you rather live to be 100 years and be normal? Or live 20 years and change the world?

2 hours ago, Eco said:

10 Lives of 100 years each. 

Feel like the idea of losing so many loved ones, over and over again would get too hard. 

Would you rather live to be 100 years and be normal? Or live 20 years and change the world?

100 years and be normal, whilst changing the world sounds nice 20 years is not nearly enough to justify it or enjoy it.

Would you rather not be paid your month's wage (having done all your required hours as per usual) or have to do double the work to receive the same exact pay?

• Subscriber
On 25/01/2019 at 19:44, Berserker said:

100 years and be normal, whilst changing the world sounds nice 20 years is not nearly enough to justify it or enjoy it.

Would you rather not be paid your month's wage (having done all your required hours as per usual) or have to do double the work to receive the same exact pay?

Is it just for the one month? In fact, that doesn't matter because I hardly do any work anyway (hence why I'm on a football forum at 4:17pm when I should be doing work) so I'd do double the work for the exact pay and it would equate to the workload I SHOULD be doing.

Would you rather... your camera on your phone/tablet/laptop be broadcast live 24/7 to the world, or a live stream from the corner of your bathroom broadcasting your toilet/shower/bath habits to the world 24/7.

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Is it just for the one month? In fact, that doesn't matter because I hardly do any work anyway (hence why I'm on a football forum at 4:17pm when I should be doing work) so I'd do double the work for the exact pay and it would equate to the workload I SHOULD be doing.

Would you rather... your camera on your phone/tablet/laptop be broadcast live 24/7 to the world, or a live stream from the corner of your bathroom broadcasting your toilet/shower/bath habits to the world 24/7.

This, its earns you money as well  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

£10k cash. Depending on where you go, may be able to get a longer holiday or go on various holidays and not just have 2 weeks then come crashing back down to reality.

Would you rather sincerely tell everyone you hate/dislike that you love them or tell the people you love that you truly hate them?

Archived