talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFC Ajax discussion

football forum

Ajax have set out their plan for next season and it seems now they want to build on their successful European run in the Champions League by buying top players, they want to become the Bayern Munich of the Netherlands.  They will of course lose a few players from their current team with the departure of Frenkie de Jong already confirmed.   

I hope de Ligt will stay as he is only 19 years old, he can still build on something at Ajax, also with the money Ajax have generated they are in talks with Bergwijn and also rumours they are keen to bring back Toby Alderweireld for a price of 28 Million euros.

Bergwijn started his career in the academy of Ajax but left in 2011 to join PSV Eindhoven, where he made his breakthrough during the 2016/17 season.

Ajax are now fully committed to bringing the Netherlands international back to Amsterdam in what would be an incredible transfer if they can pull it off.

Fulco van Kooperen confirms the contact with Ajax director Marc Overmars, “I cannot deny that Stevie was discussed between Marc Overmars and me,”

It is unclear what the asking price for Bergwijn to be with PSV hoping to receive more than the €35 million they got from Manchester United for Memphis Depay.

Bayern Munich, Manchester United and a host of other top European clubs are also in the market for the 21-year-old, while PSV are unlikely to allow their top talent to leave freely to their main rival.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

A much required thread and one that is football 100%. :twothumbsup:

De Ligt should stay one more year but I can't see that occuring mate. What's the latest on his situation mate?

I thought I make a thread of this great club as there wasn't one before.

De Ligt gave a speech after the game on Sunday that this hopefully will not be his last home game for Ajax and was looking to play in front of the Ajax crowd next season.   He should really stay though, Ajax do not need to sell anymore like they did in the past, his agent also Mino Raiola finally has been banned from football for 6 months so that will be an issue as well, there were rumours that Raiola was looking for 20% of the transfer fee.

Toby Alderweireld wants move back to Ajax.

Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld has revealed a return to his first club Ajax is '100 per cent in his head'.

But the 30-year-old has hinted strongly that he would favour a return to Ajax, whom Tottenham beat 3-2 on Wednesday night to reach the final of the Champions League.

He told Voetbal International: 'I don't want to make too popular statements, but it is certainly 100 per cent in my head.

'I have had wonderful times here with three championships, but also lows. But my family was happy here too.'

Alderweireld emerged from the prestigious Ajax academy to make a first-team debut in 2009 and went on to make 186 appearances for the Amsterdam club over the next five seasons.

Ajax have already signed 3 very talented players to come to the club next season.

Razvan Marin from Standard Liege for 11 million euros, a ball playing midfielder, nicknamed the Romanian Xavi.

Kik Pierie a left back or left sided defender only 18 years old for 4 million euros from Heerenveen.

Kjell Scherpen a 19 year old keeper another huge talent from FC Emmen.

5 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Ajax have already signed 3 very talented players to come to the club next season.

Razvan Marin from Standard Liege for 11 million euros, a ball playing midfielder, nicknamed the Romanian Xavi.

Kik Pierie a left back or left sided defender only 18 years old for 4 million euros from Heerenveen.

Kjell Scherpen a 19 year old keeper another huge talent from FC Emmen.

I've heard a lot of great things about Razvam Marin. I can't wait to see him in action next season for Ajax.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

1491255_AFC_Ajax.jpg

I think the players Ajax have had over the years, you can make so many teams, There be huge cases for Koeman, Stam, Seedorf, Frank de Boer, Haan, Hulshoff, Rep, Sneijder, Litmanen, Michael Laudrup, Suarez, Zlatan and many more

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I think the players Ajax have had over the years, you can make so many teams, my personal team would be. There be huge cases for Koeman, Stam, Seedorf, Frank de Boer, Haan, Hulshoff, Rep, Sneijder, Litmanen, Michael Laudrup, Suarez, Zlatan and many more

It shows the greatness of AFC Ajax and everything they have stood for that to confection a legendary XI is practically impossible without betrayal to many of football's greats.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I've heard a lot of great things about Razvam Marin. I can't wait to see him in action next season for Ajax.

He caught the eye of Marc Overmars when Ajax played Liege in the Prem rounds of the champions league and he has been followed so many times before and also monitored much closer this season.  11 million euros it's such a small price to pay for such an important player in the team, the passing midfielder. It shows again Ajax have one of the greatest scouting networks around.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Spectacular!

Yeah the crowd all cheered and sang Frenkie Bedankt , Frenkie Thank you, he responded with a famous Ajax chant called 90 minutes long.  Its great when players have such a close relationship with fans which you never see in countries like England at all anymore.    

5 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Yeah the crowd all cheered and sang Frenkie Bedankt , Frenkie Thank you, he responded with a famous Ajax chant called 90 minutes long.  Its great when players have such a close relationship with fans which you never see in countries like England at all anymore.    

The last Arsenal player I witnessed consistently interact properly with our fans was Cazorla. Since then all we have are mopes. It’s great to see the players act like us genuinely and not just in a state of obvious euphoria.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Panna King said:

Well that's a lie. Have you seen Pogba and Man Utd fans :ph34r:?

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

What a captain and only 19 years old, he speaks so mature I just hope he stays another year at Ajax.

He should ultimately stay another year at Ajax but if he does leave, he should choose his destination not based on his immediate pocket because that'll be filled more than adequately throughout his career. He should choose that with which is contained in his speech... He should listen back to his words.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He should ultimately stay another year at Ajax but if he does leave, he should choose his destination not based on his immediate pocket because that'll be filled more than adequately throughout his career. He should choose that with which is contained in his speech... He should listen back to his words.

Well yes the the real top Ajax players they bring through their next move should be to Barcelona. It is worrying though that Barcelona’s youth has gone to pot if they have to pay nearly 200 million for 2 young players from Ajax.   Great also to see the work is paying off that Cruyff done before he passed away at Ajax. 

28 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well yes the the real top Ajax players they bring through their next move should be to Barcelona. It is worrying though that Barcelona’s youth has gone to pot if they have to pay nearly 200 million for 2 young players from Ajax.   Great also to see the work is paying off that Cruyff done before he passed away at Ajax. 

The situation in Barcelona's youth categories isn't as bad as it's being made out to be. There are issues in certain areas coming through like defensively and right up front where there's nothing of note but players like Aleñá and Puig are a big part of the future and that's what's coming through, midfielders of various types.

There also has to be levelheadedness and perspective put into criticisms because in the cases of De Jong and De Ligt in particular we're talking about very special players, part of a seeming golden generation. There's a difference between very good and special. 

Archived