talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFC Ajax discussion

football forum

12 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Its a good deal, Dutch Beer will still be sold in the stadium but also now Bud want to come into the Dutch beer market, its a good way for them to start in a big stadium.     Ajax also get 2 million a season from the company so its not bad.

Like I said, it’s sad that small to medium local brands get left behind in modern football but I support Ajax doing everything they can to capitalise on the recent success and become an inter-continental brand. Football shouldn’t just be exclusive to the few. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Stan said:

Holding out for that call from Leicester. Can't blame him really. 

Seems to actually love the club and Amsterdam.  Very refreshing as a lot of players with his kind of background would of gone like a shot. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Seems to actually love the club and Amsterdam.  Very refreshing as a lot of players with his kind of background would of gone like a shot. 

Oh definitely.

It does seem like Ajax have been somewhat of a sleeping giant recently and now they've awoken - the CL run has certainly helped. It's definitely refreshing to see that players, at Ajax anyway, are remaining loyal. 

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh definitely.

It does seem like Ajax have been somewhat of a sleeping giant recently and now they've awoken - the CL run has certainly helped. It's definitely refreshing to see that players, at Ajax anyway, are remaining loyal. 

Ajax still have to sell but now they can hold out for huge money.   Its great though they have only lost 2 players, even though they were the best players, they have been replaced and Ajax have added some quality.

Lisandro Martinez has become an instant hit at Ajax.

A journalist wrote about him and also Marc Overmars made comments about him after the game on Saturday.

I knew he was rated really highly and so many told me he was the best CB in Argentina, but wow, I never imagined he would be this good.

He's absolutely blown me away and I cannot believe Ajax got him for €7m. What a signing.

Ajax director of football Marc Overmars said at the time of Martinez's signings that the player has plenty of versatility and an attacking mindset.

"Martinez is a left-footed player who can play in multiple positions at the back," he told the club's website.

"He is a defender who wants to play forward.

"He brings along a certain mentality that we can use well here, comparable to what his fellow countryman Nico Tagliafico shows.

"And Lisandro is still young, so we expect that he will develop further into an even better player in the coming years."

Ajax youth v Barça youth are set to play a festive game against eachother to inaugurate the Johan Cruyff Mini Estadi where the Barcelona youth categories play. Johan’s son Jordi Cruyff and Pep Guardiola will take centre before the game to mark the occasion.

• 1 month later...

Dutch soccer giants Ajax more than doubled their turnover for the 2018/19 season, according to the latest financial figures released by the Eredivisie club.

Boosted by their run to the semi-finals of the Uefa Champions League, European club soccer’s premier competition, Ajax’s financial results for the year ending 30th June 2019 show turnover rose year-on-year from €93 million (US$101.4 million) to €199.5 million (US$218.1 million). This allowed the club to record a post-tax profit of €51.9 million (US$56.75 million) and an operating profit of €34.3 million (US$37.5 million).Commercial revenue increased by 14.7 per cent to €34.3 million (US$37.5 million). Turnover from TV and digital revenues amounted to €10.6 million (US$11.5 million), a fall of €800,000 (US$874,736) on the previous year, despite an equivalent rise from European competition to €1.4 million (US$1.53 million).

Ajax’s financial report blamed this on a €1.6 million (US$1.74 million) decrease in revenue from national competitions to €8.2 million (US$8.96 million), in particular citing lower television revenues for South African sister club Ajax Cape Town.

The 2018/19 season represented the club’s most successful season on the pitch this century. As well as reaching the Champions League semi-final, Ajax won the league and the domestic cup competition, resulting in soccer-related turnover increasing by 280 per cent on the 2017/18 financial year to €131 million (US$143.2 million).

The Uefa Champions League added €15.3 million (US$16.72 million) to Ajax’s ticketing revenue. Payments from Uefa, European soccer’s governing body, were up €76.8 million (US$83.9 million) to €77.9 million (US$85.1 million).

Ajax also set a new average attendance record for domestic games at the Johan Cruyff Arena of 52,258.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived