talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neil Warnock Leaves Cardiff

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Good luck to him and good luck in going for promotion next season @Bluebird Hewitt

I used to despise Neil Warnock just because he'd moan at literally anything even if it was so blatant that the opposite to his view had happened.

Nowadays though he seems to just take things in his stride and just enjoy things for the moment where he can. Occasionally getting angry (rightly so at times this season) but it seems as if he's not taking anything so seriously these days and he's a bit more restrained. He's more tolerable now!

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 14/05/2019 at 20:27, Smiley Culture said:

Think he’s done his reputation a world of good this season, with how he’s handled everything that’s happened at Cardiff and how he’s seemed quite jovial and happy in interviews. 

I agree. A few years ago he would have barely lasted the season. From what he says it seems his family are settled and happy in Cardiff and so is he.

P.S Welcome back @Bluebird Hewitt :bye:

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Hugh Stanley said:

Pity all Cardiff City fans.  Neil is well psst his sell-by date and I believe will struggle to have an impact with The Bluebirds this term.  Think they need some fresh ideas and a new direction.

Yeah, this transfer window wasn't the best and our performances have been very poor. If he leaves as expected by the end of the season, I'd like to hope we go for someone as you mentioned. Who that could be is anyone's guess. 

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Edit: @Bluebird Hewitt, any thoughts?

Quote.thumb.png.d7489c7e9fb809a7fc7f5e28098938d6.png

Neil Warnock: Manager leaves Cardiff City

Cardiff City have parted company with manager Neil Warnock.

The 70-year-old was in the final year of his contract at the Championship side and has said he would not carry on beyond the end of this season.

He was appointed in October 2016 and leaves with Cardiff 14th in the table after Sunday's loss to Bristol City.

"I am leaving my beloved Bluebirds after over three years of which have been some of the best days in my long football career," Warnock said.

"It is a shared belief that this is the right time for a new voice as we believe this squad of players is more than capable of getting success."

Cardiff have begun the search for a replacement and an announcement "will be made in due course".

FULL REPORT

• The title was changed to Neil Warnock Leaves Cardiff
  • Subscriber

It's a shame but looks like the right move from the outside - I feel like it's kind of the natural conclusion to come from what's panned out. It's no slant on either the club or manager. I'd imagine they as a squad, fanbase and Warnock as a manager are all mentally drained. They over-achieved to get promoted, it's very hard to motivate that again especially with the manner they went down and the circumstances that surrounded it.

Genuinely really wanted them to stay up last year and I was taught to hate Warnock.

Its a good move for all parties.

Let's be frank. Warnock massively overachieved two season's ago. One of the worst sides I saw get promoted but that was down to the team spirit he created. He did well.

They struggled in the PL and they are struggling now. Without a change, I don't see them as any threat in the promotion race. So they have to make a move.

They need a change. They need to play some better football and look to someone who can kick them on now.

The only thing I would say is I'm not sure who that person will be. 

If I had to make a punt right now, Chris Hughton fits that Cardiff style of being tough to beat. He's obviously free.

But a real outsider could be someone like Craig Bellamy. Cardiff boy, would he be up for the challenge?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Its a good move for all parties.

Let's be frank. Warnock massively overachieved two season's ago. One of the worst sides I saw get promoted but that was down to the team spirit he created. He did well.

They struggled in the PL and they are struggling now. Without a change, I don't see them as any threat in the promotion race. So they have to make a move.

They need a change. They need to play some better football and look to someone who can kick them on now.

The only thing I would say is I'm not sure who that person will be. 

If I had to make a punt right now, Chris Hughton fits that Cardiff style of being tough to beat. He's obviously free.

But a real outsider could be someone like Craig Bellamy. Cardiff boy, would he be up for the challenge?

Is there not some kind of dispute going on with Bellamy and Cardiff at the minute or did I imagine that?

I do think that'll happen one day. I quite like Bellamy really. Reminds me a bit of Vardy. Straight talker.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Is there not some kind of dispute going on with Bellamy and Cardiff at the minute or did I imagine that?

Aye

Craig Bellamy apologises after Cardiff investigated allegations of him bullying young players: 'I'm sorry... my only aim was to produce winners'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7614249/Craig-Bellamy-explains-behaviour-Cardiff-City-academy-investigation.html

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Aye

Craig Bellamy apologises after Cardiff investigated allegations of him bullying young players: 'I'm sorry... my only aim was to produce winners'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7614249/Craig-Bellamy-explains-behaviour-Cardiff-City-academy-investigation.html

That sounds something entirely predictable of Craig Bellamy in 2019 xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, tlr said:

Anyone reckon he'll call it a day now? Could easily slot into casual punditry and media I think. Hopefully there's a decent job going up north for him soon if he's not had enough :ph34r:

Funnily you should mention this, me and a few mates were on about his next job earlier.....

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Funnily you should mention this, me and a few mates were on about his next job earlier.....

Rovers had words with him before we hired Owen Coyle back in 2016, it's heartbreaking to think what could have been. We can only dream these days, we're absolutely certain to end up with Steve Coppell or Keith Curle next time round.

Can't honestly see where he goes next. No vacancies I can think of , and aside from Woodgate at Boro I honestly can't think of another Championship manager of a decent side in any genuine danger at the minute.

2 hours ago, tlr said:

Anyone reckon he'll call it a day now? Could easily slot into casual punditry and media I think. Hopefully there's a decent job going up north for him soon if he's not had enough :ph34r:

This was meant to be his last season.

Only thing with Warnock is, he has an ego. This is not how he'd want to go out. He will want to end on a high is possible.

Therefore, I wouldn't rule out one last 'salvage' job somewhere. Be that a relegation fight or someone fighting for promotion if the right opportunity came up.

Could end up at somewhere like Portsmouth for example. He'd love one last promotion wouldn't he the wiley old fox. He isn't stupid.

Neil Warnock said in September 2007 "This will be my last job". I wouldn't believe a word he says.

I wonder what's next for Cardiff City. I don't think it's the right time to introduce a former player even though they have a couple who may feel ready for management at Cardiff (Harris, Bellamy, Earnshaw, Hudson etc). Theres a couple of experienced Welsh heads from the Neil Warnock school of thought that may be better suited (Hughes and Pulis).

• Subscriber
On 25/08/2019 at 10:32, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, this transfer window wasn't the best and our performances have been very poor. If he leaves as expected by the end of the season, I'd like to hope we go for someone as you mentioned. Who that could be is anyone's guess.

Is Neil Harris your cup of tea BBH? :D

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not my first choice (would of considered Ainsworth, Bowyer or Houghton myself) but will give him a chance. Did alright with Millwall but he's basically a younger Warnock in terms of playing style. 

I would have chosen Houghton myself, he got Newcastle & BH Albion back into the EPL from the championship but I am no expert on managers.  

Archived