talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antoine Griezmann Signs For FC Barcelona

image.jpeg

La Gazzetta dello Sport underneath the announcement of Griezmann signing for Barça have an analysis on how Barcelona will be fpr next season and how that first team with the signings of de Jong and Griezmann with what they've already got will be by far the most star studded side in next season's Champions League.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is it official yet? I can't tell. 

I'm enyoing this moment as he is the one player for a long time I've wanted Barcelona to sign. :P

To think Arsenal were in for him while at Real Sociedad and he was too expensive at €35m

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'm enyoing this moment as he is the one player for a long time I've wanted Barcelona to sign. :P

To think Arsenal were in for him while at Real Sociedad and he was too expensive at €35m

You think Barcelona will still go and try to get Neymar now?

Will be interesting to see how Neymar, Suarez, Messi & Griezmann will all fit in the starting 11. I guess front 3 will be Neymar, Griezmann, Suarez and in midfield De Jong/add midfielder/in front of 2 midfielders Messi?

Or Messi would be a good option from the bench.:ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Will be interesting to see how Neymar, Suarez, Messi & Griezmann will all fit in the starting 11. I guess front 3 will be Neymar, Griezmann, Suarez and in midfield De Jong/add midfielder/in front of 2 midfielders Messi?

You know as well as I do Messi is the best player in our galaxy... I said galaxy and not universe because as things stand we haven't ventured that far with the Hubble Telescope... But with the Hubble we've observed and come to the conclusion that the only football celestial being amongst us is indeed Messi(ah).  So he plays until he is crippled! ;)

There have been all sorts of formations and selections by using all four (and this without the departure of another extremely talented player, Dembélé) and it looks odd.

I don't want Neymar back anyway... I've stated my opinion time and time again. He is bad news, he has continued to be bad news throughout and I doubt that'll change. Plus what he did to Barça so as to leave (and the reasons), he is scummy.  Wouldn't have him back ever. You have to be of that inclination to have that guy back or either having ignored it all.

Atlético Madrid are fuming and stating that Barcelona have underpaid by at least €90m on his true value. They say that Barcelona have been negotiating with the footballer way before the buy-out clause reduced to €120m from the 1st of July.

But the story doesn’t get any better even after this for Atleti because it seems the Madrid based club will have to pay €24m from the €120m to Real Sociedad due to a new directive by UEFA and FIFA that says that any player involved in subsequent transfers should offer 20% of the transfer fee to the forming club which in this case is Real Sociedad where Antoine joined aged only 11 years of age.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Atlético Madrid are fuming and stating that Barcelona have underpaid by at least €90m on his true value. They say that Barcelona have been negotiating with the footballer way before the buy-out clause reduced to €120m from the 1st of July.

Negotiating before or not (I know, it's shit blah blah but every club does it. Foolish to think otherwise.) if it's a release clause then there's nothing they can do about it? It's something they would have set up in his contract, surely, so they should direct the fume towards themselves?

Chelsea only paid us £30m for Kante but that was way below his value. It's our own fault for putting such a low release clause in.

C'est la vie! 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Negotiating before or not (I know, it's shit blah blah but every club does it. Foolish to think otherwise.) if it's a release clause then there's nothing they can do about it? It's something they would have set up in his contract, surely, so they should direct the fume towards themselves?

Chelsea only paid us £30m for Kante but that was way below his value. It's our own fault for putting such a low release clause in.

C'est la vie! 

The only way Atlético Madrid would have a leg to stand on with this demand is if there was some sort of document signed by both parties (Barcelona and Griezmann) while the previous buy-out clause was in effect. Otherwise I’m very surprised at them in all of this and all I can think is that they’re more upset at the fact Barça didn’t add Semedo in a negotiated deal who they really want. Anything else doesn’t make sense. 

1 hour ago, Fusion said:

I remember when the club tried something similar back in about 2007(I think?) when Henry was signed. The idea was to cram himself, Messi, Eto'o and Ronaldinho in the same side together. They never did play in the same side together and it didn't work out at all. I think the same would happen here if Neymar was to be purchased. Too much of an overkill and you'd lose a lot of balance in the side.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The only way Atlético Madrid would have a leg to stand on with this demand is if there was some sort of document signed by both parties (Barcelona and Griezmann) while the previous buy-out clause was in effect. Otherwise I’m very surprised at them in all of this and all I can think is that they’re more upset at the fact Barça didn’t add Semedo in a negotiated deal who they really want. Anything else doesn’t make sense. 

I'd both love and laugh my head of if a document was found showing exactly this. Love Barca to have to shell out another 80m because of stupidity.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I'd both love and laugh my head of if a document was found showing exactly this. Love Barca to have to shell out another 80m because of stupidity.

Of course you would. But that only says something about you, not them really as it’s all fantasy.

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Of course you would. But that only says something about you, not them really as it’s all fantasy.

It says that I think Barcelona is a club full of snakes, who produce snakes to do their dirty work. Nothing against you of course Balon, I love you bro ❤️

Griezmann did a lot of the dirty work here it seems to me, and fucked up one thing after another. No doubt Barca were involved in discussions for some time. Probably to the point they requested the buyout clause reduction term in his deal.

It's a pretty canniving way to do it, to conspire to get one of the world's best players well below market value, but Atletico should never have agreed to a buyout clause less than 180m so have to accept their own culpability.

Atleti is still trying to play hardball. I feel like Barça should throw them a bone to settle this, the last thing you´d want is to start the season with the status of a player in question, if this isn´t solved by August, I´m not sure Barça´s legal department would give the clear to start Griezmann in any competitions. A compensation for around 30 mi euros or a player should do the trick. 

Having said that, this is a quality signing for Barça. I´m not a fan of Griezmann´s antics off the pitch, but I really like what he brings on the pitch. He not only is above average in terms of ability, but he also has the inteligence and the gritty you need to win championships. I really like the fact he sacrifices some of his goals stats in order to make the team better and to win championships.

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Dislikeable but very good player joins dislikeable but very good club.

Will be very enjoyable if they bottle another big lead in the CL to get knocked out again.

Barcelona should be more angry with Liverpool for ripping them off to be fair. Paying that for Coutinho is the equivalent of me selling you Bush weed as high grade.. 

6 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Atleti is still trying to play hardball. I feel like Barça should throw them a bone to settle this, the last thing you´d want is to start the season with the status of a player in question, if this isn´t solved by August, I´m not sure Barça´s legal department would give the clear to start Griezmann in any competitions. A compensation for around 30 mi euros or a player should do the trick. 

Having said that, this is a quality signing for Barça. I´m not a fan of Griezmann´s antics off the pitch, but I really like what he brings on the pitch. He not only is above average in terms of ability, but he also has the inteligence and the gritty you need to win championships. I really like the fact he sacrifices some of his goals stats in order to make the team better and to win championships.

This is an interesting case but one with little battles all over the place which I'll explain...

Firstly, Atlético Madrid are primarily upset at Antoine Griezmann due to it only being last summer where he decided to stay with Atleti (the infamous "La Decisión" documentary made by Gerard Piqué's production company for Griezmann) and he signed a huge new deal comparable with any contract at the biggest clubs on earth... He would be earning €28m per season before bonuses. Atleti are fuming because they feel Griezmann decided to leave back in March of this year (2019) without informing the club of his intentions and subsequently upset at FC Barcelona for not doing likewise.

Activating a buy-out clause isn't unusual in Spanish football between Spanish clubs (ironically Griezmann was signed from Real Sociedad by Atlético Madrid executing the same, the buy-out clause) or by clubs from abroad on Spanish clubs, Manchester City have just adquired the services of now ex-Atlético Madrid midfielder, Rodri by paying the release-clause.

So where is the problem?

Atlético Madrid are saying that both FC Barcelona and Antoine Griezmann came to an agreement while a previous amount was active in the release-clause which is of €200m. Atlei say they have proof! Atlético Madrid President Enrique Cerezo stated in an official statement that Barça have underpaid by €90m because they have documents that prove there was an agreement between Barcelona and Antoine back in March.

Now, the only way anything in this case can begin to be opened is if there is a signed contract with terms and conditions already put in place between FC Barcelona and the player in question, Antoine Griezmann. The fact both parties spoke during that period isn't illegal if it's in reference to a buy-out clause by activating a worker's rights to terminate a contract as stipulated in; Article 1 in the scope of the regulation for statutes and transfers of players which says; "The transfer of footballers between clubs of the same association are subject to a specific regulation redacted by the corresponding national association" which automatically takes us to the Royal Decree 1006 that fixes the buy-out clauses in Spain which are to be paid by the effect of the amount stipulated on the date of execution. 

In other words this is a national situation subject to national worker's laws where no outside influence be it from FIFA or UEFA are permitted to get involved. It goes further... It also means that once the execution of a release-clause has been executed and the pertaining contracts are terminated with the subsequent player's license being transferred to a new employer, then the football authorities themselves (in this case first and foremost the RFEF and then the LFP) are now exempt from passing judgement or implementation of penalties.  It all comes down to Atlético Madrid having to make this a civil case in its own rights by declaring their employee had signed a worker's contract with another firm while having in effect an ongoing contract with them. The only way the international football authorities could get involved is if the activation of a release-clause was executed by a foreign club which is not the case here.

Finally we refer ourselves to the RFEF Article 140 part (a) which says; "When a footballer has unilaterally terminated his or her contract with a present employer (the activation and payment of a release-clause) the object party will be free to register themselves with a new employer which is a requisite to obtain a new license. The deposit of the pacted compensation to the employer must be executed with the club of origin." A measure which has been done as of yesterday 12th of July 2019. What this means as a tool of law is that any previous agreement beforehand isn't an action that in any way, shape or form decides which compensatory amount should be paid, just that the amount stipulated at the time of execution should be deposited into the club of origin's account (Important the previous in bold) before the RFEF can hand over the original contract and footballer's licence to be inscribed by a new employer, FC Barcelona in this case.

So finally... By law, what Atlético de Madrid will subject themselves to even with documented evidence that isn't a contractual agreement containing terms and conditions is that a national judge in a civil case brought before a magistrate's court will make a decision as to if any party cheated the other out of a lawful compensation. The law is the law! Let's also remember that the law states it is the responsibility of the employee do adhere to their obligations stipulated within the contract via the dates and subsequently the employer must execute the worker's request once any compensatory anount has been paid. In other words, FC Barcelona have nothing to do with the civil case at all. Important the final conclusion... ;)

So now we have ascertained why Atlético Madrid are furious with Antoine Griezmann, now I will come to why the Madrid based club are upset with FC Barcelona.

Last week there were negotiations between both Atlético de Madrid and FC Barcelona at the Metropolitano in reference to this issue. Barça tried to come to an agreement with Atleti via an amount and any preference the Madrid based club would like to persue. Atlético Madrid need a right-back and they had set their eyes (on the request of Diego Simeone) Barça's Portuguese International Nélson Semedo. FC Barcelona told Atleti that this wasn't a problem to negotiate with these terms but always taking into account that Semedo isn't up for sale as their head coach Ernesto Valverde values the footballer and has future plans for him... In other words, you want something we don't want to lose, but we will listen and we will put forward OUR terms of transaction as we can always refer ourselves to Antoine Griezmann's release-clause!

FC Barcelona put forward that they value Semedo at €150m (his release-clause) but are willing to negotiate with Atlético Madrid which would mean Barça paying €20m for Antoine Griezmann and transfering Nélson Semedo for €100m. Enrique Cerezo got upset and terminated negotiations in that instant by saying that Barça were acting in an aggressive manner to a club friendship and relationship that spans 100 years. As far as FC Barcelona were concerned they were acting in the same manner protecting their own investment (Nélson Semedo) in EXACTLY the same manner as Atleti were with Antoine Griezmann. So that's where Atleti got upset with Barça because they wanted something in return and what they actually asked Barcelona for was the €120m of the release-clause for Griezmann and Semedo on a free which would cover the remaining amount as far as they were concerned. They felt they were the injured party in all of this and continue to do so.

The reaction of Xavi when asked what he thinks of the signing of Antoine Griezmann for FC Barcelona;

"It's a spectacular signing for Barça because he has proven to be a reference player for both Atlético Madrid and France. His talent is indisputable and offers various avenues for any coach to exploit. Griezmann is a very diverse footballer and there aren't many like this around these days. He is the typical footballer Barcelona used to sign years back and which offers winning formulas. I can understand why Valverde put so much pressure to sign him."

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Interesting post @SirBalon.

Can't help but think though that any issue being put through legal avenues regardless of the outcome will ultimately do harm to Barcelona's reputation on this issue. 

Could do and it all depends on where it all goes. I can guarantee you that the only reason Atleti are upset with Barcelona is because they didn't include the Semedo deal in all of this. Barcelona hadn't thought about negotiating anything with Atlei and were simply going to pay the realease-clause after the 1st of July. It was Atlético Madrid who called Barça to see if a deal could be made. When Barça witnessed the deal Atleti wanted to make, Barcelona said no. Atleti after the João Félix signing had to get the money for Griezmann and they no longer wanted the France international. They are furious at Antoine more than anything because of how it was all done.

Most of what is thrown at Barcelona in how they do transfer deals is how everyone does it. The only untoward thing done in my personal opinion was the Cesc situation back in the day but even then that was off the players back on those that done it and nothing the club forced the footballers to do. Those players that did that should be ashamed of themselves.

I just find it very hypocritical from Atleti in all of this considering how they acquired Griezmann themselves. Also to prove the Semedo issue is what's burning Atleti is that not a sound was made from them in how Manchester City took the one player via a release-clause they didn't want to lose this summer.

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Barcelona should be more angry with Liverpool for ripping them off to be fair. Paying that for Coutinho is the equivalent of me selling you Bush weed as high grade.. 

Nah after the way you unsettled Suarez and Coutinho, I think Barca are in the top 2 most disgusting clubs in the world. Man Utd is obviously the most disgusting 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah after the way you unsettled Suarez and Coutinho, I think Barca are in the top 2 most disgusting clubs in the world. Man Utd is obviously the most disgusting 

Mate, Suárez already tried to pull one off when Arsenal done that £50m and 1p. They’re both players that seemed to want to leave and then obviously when a club the size of Barcelona come knocking the rest is history. It’s the same as when Real Madrid show serious interest.

Put it this way, if Liverpool were to go for a Valencia player now, I’ll bet you anything the footballer will try anything to get the move. It doesn’t mean Liverpool are telling the footballer to do those things.

An example is Neymar wanting to go on strike to get his Barca move now. Barcelona have explicitly told him NOT to do that if he wants any chance of returning to the Camp Nou.

We all look at things from our own perspective depending on where out allegiances lie. Nobody like to lose a top player.

Archived