• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leroy Sané - Rejects Man City Contract

football forum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Even Serie A clubs splash some coin around. 

Germany is thought to be an economic powerhouse and yet other countries with problems spend.   I realize the owners in those countries are foreign, especially in England but something has to change for bundesliga clubs to be successful in Europe competitions. 

Haven’t you already spent a lot this transfer window and are apparently looking to spend more?

Seems like Bayern Munich are splashing the cash because they’ve got a big rebuild on their hands and other sides in Europe have made big moves and are looking to make more. So looks like they are changing.

Bayern haven't spent loads but they've spent excessive sums on positions which aren't really issues for them - mental sums on Tolisso and Sanches. £30 mil on Hummels, who is quality but is old, and has no resale value. He also didn't fit with the plan to build a more mobile defense. 

Meanwhile, the wings have been a coming issue for years and they've never properly invested. Now, they've managed to make two much needed defensive signings but they've done it at the same time as Robben and Ribery are leaving. 

Thy can blame the modern market all they like, but that's just bad squad management. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I'm also of the opinion Sane is lacking integrity. If he wants to go to Bayern, he should hand in a transfer request. All this nonsense over his future, he should just address it 

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Batard said:

I'm also of the opinion Sane is lacking integrity. If he wants to go to Bayern, he should hand in a transfer request. All this nonsense over his future, he should just address it 

Has he said he wants to leave?

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.6e43374d484af4bcd66c01819f9a88bc.png

Bayern Munich coach Niko Kovac is "very confident" the Bundesliga champions will finalise a deal for Manchester City's Germany winger Leroy Sane, 23. (ZDF Sport, via Manchester Evening News)

City has identified Real Sociedad's 22-year-old forward Mikel Oyarzabal as Sane's replacement and are willing to pay the Spain international's 75m euros release clause. (AS)

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Batard said:

I don't think Bayern are showing much class here at all 

Gone are the days when a transfer came out of nowhere and there where no rumblings or rumours or talking. Everytime now it seems like our idiotic management talks openly and arrogantly about other teams players, even the manager has gotten involved this time around, although Im not a fan of him either. 

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge was annoyed by comments made by Bayern Munich manager Niko Kovac about Manchester City winger Leroy Sane.

Bayern’s interest in Sane is no secret, and Kovac said recently that he was confident about signing the 23-year-old.

But club chief Rummenigge is concerned that making a statement about a player under contract at City could harm relations between the two clubs, particularly with City boss Pep Guardiola vocal about his desire to keep him.

"I did not like what he said,” Rummenigge told ZDF.

“We have a good relationship with Manchester City and our former coach Pep Guardiola.

“Sane still has a contract there. Neither optimistic nor pessimistic quotes do anything to help us in that matter."

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge was annoyed by comments made by Bayern Munich manager Niko Kovac about Manchester City winger Leroy Sane.

Bayern’s interest in Sane is no secret, and Kovac said recently that he was confident about signing the 23-year-old.

But club chief Rummenigge is concerned that making a statement about a player under contract at City could harm relations between the two clubs, particularly with City boss Pep Guardiola vocal about his desire to keep him.

"I did not like what he said,” Rummenigge told ZDF.

“We have a good relationship with Manchester City and our former coach Pep Guardiola.

“Sane still has a contract there. Neither optimistic nor pessimistic quotes do anything to help us in that matter."

I was reading his comments earlier, oh the hipocrasy. It was only a month ago if that where KHR was talking openly about CHO. One way or another this fucking saga needs to end xD

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

I was reading his comments earlier, oh the hipocrasy. It was only a month ago if that where KHR was talking openly about CHO. One way or another this fucking saga needs to end xD

Yeah xD  ..i think Rummenigge has had a rude phone call from the Man City office :rofl:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Batard said:

He's left this decision very late for City to act upon for a replacement

I'd imagine a club like Man City have been preparing for his potential departure for a while.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd imagine a club like Man City have been preparing for his potential departure for a while.

Without doubt, but even so, good players are hard to replace especially when they offer something different to what you have. Sane's pace will be a genuine loss to that team. 

• The title was changed to Leroy Sané - Rejects Man City Contract
  • The topic was locked

Archived